NHL Signs Broadcast Deal with Food Network

Roger Clemente

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Bettman must have egg on is face...

Actually, he is eating crow sauteed in white wine, served over angel hair pasta. Giada DeLaurentiis prepared it on yesterday's show.

useless without pictures ... and I am certain someone can dig up the stock graphic that goes with this saying as well

GiadaLaurentiis.jpggiada08.jpggiada_de_laurentiis.jpg

Girl sure does like to bend over ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I can sum this up in two words...

TOTAL BULLS :censored: T

What's next, the NBA on MTV?

Certain people, such as yourself, should be banned from using the font size adjuster.

BTW...behind your keyboard...you aren't a scarecrow are you?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

please tell me that this is a joke and that bettman hasn't gone off the deep end here.

this officially makes the NHL a joke. just because feasting on asphalt gets quadruple ratings than the stanley cup finals, doesn't mean this will translate in to anybetter ratings for the nhl.

Versus i can understand since generally that is a sports fan market and an alternative station that can devote itself to hockey. but Food Network? Thats generally not a sports fan demographic. which means people don't and won't watch FN for hockey, yeah they watch for competitions like Iron Chef, ICA, Throwdown etc but that is competition centered around food. Hockey has nothing to do with food. they are killing 3 hours of programming to show a hockey game that no one is going to watch.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Certain people, such as yourself, should be banned from using the font size adjuster.

No, I'm definitely not a scarecrow!

YOZXkBG.png?1

please tell me that this is a joke and that bettman hasn't gone off the deep end here.

this officially makes the NHL a joke. just because feasting on asphalt gets quadruple ratings than the stanley cup finals, doesn't mean this will translate in to anybetter ratings for the nhl.

Versus i can understand since generally that is a sports fan market and an alternative station that can devote itself to hockey. but Food Network? Thats generally not a sports fan demographic. which means people don't and won't watch FN for hockey, yeah they watch for competitions like Iron Chef, ICA, Throwdown etc but that is competition centered around food. Hockey has nothing to do with food. they are killing 3 hours of programming to show a hockey game that no one is going to watch.

Ya, I agree.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ya, needs stripes.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I am stunned to see that some people don't know what 'The Onion' is.

This is funny, because in a weird way, it sort of sounds like it could be true. I mean come on, we're talking Bettman here. If he could find fusion between hockey and Easy-Bake ovens, he'd pursue it, thinking he could tap into the "little girls market", that the NHL previously was not exploiting.

The fact this satire actually plays universally (and Onion knew that), means that even non-NHL fans realize that Bettman is an ass and is destroying the NHL.

So, I guess i'm in the minority when I like to read over the whole thread before I post something, you know to reduce the chances of looking like a complete moron.

With this topic though, if its from "The Onion", and its posted by Roger, its not gonna be a real news story :)

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

All in favor of issuing a sarcasm disclaimer whenever needed???

All in favor of taking away :censored:nuts's library card so he can't post any more stupid comments?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

No, I'm definitely not a scarecrow!

Shame...because the theme song I've assigned you is "If I only had a brain"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's 3. What was the over/under.

How the hell can these numbnutz find their way over the rainbow onto Brother Al's Information SuperHighway and all the way to this site and not recognize "The Onion" much less grasp over the top sarcasm....even aster posters provided comments on people not getting the joke...wow...just freekin' wow.

Sarcasm Alert Smileys maybe ...attention ccslc newbie all or part of the following board posting will contain some level of sarcasm meaning the incredulous statement should not be taken literally and should then considered a work of fiction and thus intentionally has comical, sociologically, theretical, philosophical or political or just plain ass silly overtones...thank you for playing here is a version of the home game kids now run along home and go play in the street

Oh and if somebody makes fun of your replies and you get all pissy and snap back like a 12 year old at the playground just prepare to be flamed!

RobbyBox2.jpg

GiadaLaurentiis.jpggiada08.jpggiada_de_laurentiis.jpg

Girl sure does like to bend over ...

I'll bet! Lugging those sweater kittens around all day can take its toll on the lower back. God love her for doing it, though... ^_^

Changing gears to this trend of jokes going over certain people's heads: if you're not smart enough to under obvious sarcasm/satire, maybe you're not smart enough to be here. That's not intended to be an ageist comment (there are plenty of teens who contribute wonderfully to this place); that's just weeding the dummies out to preserve the sanity of the rest of us. I'd say "you know who you are"... but clearly you wouldn't.

CC - instead of everyone getting up in arms over letting the young'ins post, maybe we oughta go with a perfunctory IQ test, whatsay? :P Our source material would evidently be from The Onion...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Rachael Ray as a puckbunny?

Yummo!

Dang serious.. lol tat would be nice... if we can see Rachael Ray in that tight costume, then we gonna be in dreamland for a frigging long time!! ^_^

<_< Anyways, I dont think it would serve the NHL well enough to do televised games on the Food Network?? Blah I just removed one package that has the FN on it so I can save some money on my satellite dish due to reasons beyond my control and etc...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

this will only work if Duff Goldman makes a Stanley Cup cake, complete with all the names piped on one by one.

Would you really want to eat that? It would seem like sacrelidge.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived