Minor League Baseball on-field changes

totc

And there's a team in the Texas League next year that is located in Northwest Arkansas, and it will be called The Naturals.

I see a lightning bolt patch on the left sleeve and movie score music on every home run.

I still think the logo will incorporate a streaker... :shocked:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there's a team in the Texas League next year that is located in Northwest Arkansas, and it will be called The Naturals.

I see a lightning bolt patch on the left sleeve and movie score music on every home run.

Hopefully the logo will look a little something like this, after I change it to fit with the NW Arkansas area:

Naturals10.gif

Hopefully the logo will look a little something like this, after I change it to fit with the NW Arkansas area:

Naturals10.gif

So Joel, are you hinting that you're actually designing the logo for the team or what... :D

The West Tenn Diamond Jaxx have changed their affiliation from the Cubs to the Mariners. I think they most they'll do is get rid of their Cubs sleeve patch and slap a compass rose on there.

Well, I was halfway right. The Jaxx have the same home and BP/3rd tops, but I got quite a surprise when I went to the Jaxx/Redbirds exhibition game last night at Pringles Park... First, here's what hasn't changed all that much:

BP:

JaxxBP.jpg

Nothing's changed.

Homes:

Jaxxhome.jpg

Just a new Seattle patch replacing the Cubs one on the right sleeve. Jaxx full logo patch still on left.

Now what has changed...aways!

Last years greys:

Jaxxoldaways.jpg

Not too bad. The script was kinda goofy, but it worked. Had a Cubs patch on the right sleeve.

Now this year's!

Jaxxnewaways.jpg

Yes. Green with a tweaked black script. On the road.(???) These also had black numerals outlined in white. I thought they looked sorta slick up close, but from far away, they were very hard to read. (Oh, and is it just me, or does the 'T' in 'Tenn' look a heckuva lot like the new Toronto 'T'?) They wore these last night with all black caps and white pants. No clue what colour the socks were, no one had their legs up. Stupid...

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Some name changes have already been discussed (Mongomery Biscuits, SWB Yankees).

But this may be a good time for putting these in one thread.

Starting with the Columbus Clippers, upon ending a half-century as the Yankees' farm club, taking on the Nationals' lettering and colors. This is the alternate jersey:

2811.jpeg.300.jpeg

This is the logo on the new cap (which I assume will be either red or blue, not gray:

1528.jpeg.300.jpeg

Are they dumping the old Cap logo, because I really liked that one.

Now the players that are at Columbus...are those Yankee minor leagues players to be called up as Nationals players????

The West Tenn Diamond Jaxx have changed their affiliation from the Cubs to the Mariners. I think they most they'll do is get rid of their Cubs sleeve patch and slap a compass rose on there.

Well, I was halfway right. The Jaxx have the same home and BP/3rd tops, but I got quite a surprise when I went to the Jaxx/Redbirds exhibition game last night at Pringles Park... First, here's what hasn't changed all that much:

BP:

JaxxBP.jpg

Nothing's changed.

Homes:

Jaxxhome.jpg

Just a new Seattle patch replacing the Cubs one on the right sleeve. Jaxx full logo patch still on left.

Now what has changed...aways!

Last years greys:

Jaxxoldaways.jpg

Not too bad. The script was kinda goofy, but it worked. Had a Cubs patch on the right sleeve.

Now this year's!

Jaxxnewaways.jpg

Yes. Green with a tweaked black script. On the road.(???) These also had black numerals outlined in white. I thought they looked sorta slick up close, but from far away, they were very hard to read. (Oh, and is it just me, or does the 'T' in 'Tenn' look a heckuva lot like the new Toronto 'T'?) They wore these last night with all black caps and white pants. No clue what colour the socks were, no one had their legs up. Stupid...

Actually the T looks more like the T in Tigers as seen below:

DET_782.gif

They were the Battle Creek Yankees before the affiliation switch (draw your own conclusions there)....

They were a Red Sox minor leage team in the 90s--the Michigan Battle Cats. Personally I think they should go with the "Battle Creek Sans" in tribute to the Kellogg family and the old famous Battle Creek Sanitorium. Logo could be a baseball in a straitjacket. Either that or call them the "Cornflakes".

How about those...

Mets?

Packers?

Rangers?

Knicks?

Titans?

Owner of the New York Night Owls 1999 champions in the All World Football League.

They were the Battle Creek Yankees before the affiliation switch (draw your own conclusions there)....

They were a Red Sox minor leage team in the 90s--the Michigan Battle Cats. Personally I think they should go with the "Battle Creek Sans" in tribute to the Kellogg family and the old famous Battle Creek Sanitorium. Logo could be a baseball in a straitjacket. Either that or call them the "Cornflakes".

Well, unfortunately the Battle Creek franchise has been relocated to Midland, Michigan and renamed the Great Lakes Loons (as stated above)

Now this year's!

Jaxxnewaways.jpg

Actually the T looks more like the T in Tigers as seen below:

DET_782.gif

You are correct, sir. My bad.

Also, can anybody think of another instance of a pro baseball team straying from the traditional grey as the "default" road uni?

Edit: excluding the Padres and their sand-coloured roads of course...

Columbus Catfish have dumped their white pin stripe unis. They are going to wear bp jerseys all season at home and will debut the new look tomorrow night. Supposed to just be a blue jersey with white stripes below the arms, so I'm thinking they will just be like the new major league bp jerseys.

The Tigers script on the West Tenn road jersey look good. However, that still won't make me like the team (Go Biscuits!).

Hey, you bettah watch yourself tomorrow night. The Jaxx are supposed to be pretty good this year and only lost to the Redbirds by five last night! :P

Cap-BP.jpg

"The Nashville Sounds will introduce a new batting practice cap for the 2007 season. The cap is a red & yellow two-tone mesh cap, made by New Era, and features the traditional 'music note' logo."

Eh, not impressed, colors remind me the Alberquerque Dukes. And that is not the "traditional" music not logo fo the Sounds. That would be the original N logo..

NashvilleSounds90.gifNashvilleSounds96.gif

Oh well we can start counting the days til our Sounds move elsewhere since they screwed up their stadium deal...idiots

RobbyBox2.jpg

Cap-BP.jpg

"The Nashville Sounds will introduce a new batting practice cap for the 2007 season. The cap is a red & yellow two-tone mesh cap, made by New Era, and features the traditional 'music note' logo."

Eh, not impressed, colors remind me the Alberquerque Dukes. And that is not the "traditional" music not logo fo the Sounds. That would be the original N logo..

NashvilleSounds90.gifNashvilleSounds96.gif

Oh well we can start counting the days til our Sounds move elsewhere since they screwed up their stadium deal...idiots

Red and yeller? Where'd the yeller come from? :blink: (Oh, and that real vintage logo was the bomb! [/'90's slang])

I know the Bisons have a new look for this year. I can't find any pics of the new unis, but I will be at the opener on Thursday and probably will bring a camera.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...sp&sid=t422

The Bisons will have a new look for home games in 2007. The modified Home Jersey is no longer sleeveless. The new sleeved jersey has the swirling baseball under the "B" in Bisons with a black number under the team name. This jersey will be complimented with an all black hat with the customary swirling baseball around a B logo. A new Alternate Jersey will be red with white trim. On the left crest is a white baseball with a black standing buffalo. This jersey will be accompanied by a black hat featuring the same standing buffalo baseball and a red bill. Both new jerseys will be worn with white pants that have a single black trim.

Well I was going to the game but it was a Snow Out...........So I won't go to a game for a few weeks.

saBS.png

Archived