Griffey, Jr., others to wear No. 42 as part of Jackie Robinson Day tribute

gilesy24

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ape.

(tori amos) white people are so scared of black people(/tori amos)

for those of you who dont get that, it's a ron and fez reference :P

I would like to have that explained. I know that line as the first line of "Subdivision" by Ani DiFranco. Is this part of a Tori Amos song as well?

i was gonna say do a web search for ron and fez on wikipedia, but i didnt see it mentioned there. i know they play that line when someone makes a racist/psuedoracist comment. i believe the singer is amos. i could be wrong. my origional post was a reference to ape being a racist name for black people. i'll just car crash myself........

I looked them up. I had no idea who they were. I don't even know who the shock jocks are where I live, though.

That is an Ani DiFranco line. I was not doing this to correct you...I was just curious whether Ani covered a tori amos song (or a line).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Ape.

(tori amos) white people are so scared of black people(/tori amos)

for those of you who dont get that, it's a ron and fez reference :P

I would like to have that explained. I know that line as the first line of "Subdivision" by Ani DiFranco. Is this part of a Tori Amos song as well?

i was gonna say do a web search for ron and fez on wikipedia, but i didnt see it mentioned there. i know they play that line when someone makes a racist/psuedoracist comment. i believe the singer is amos. i could be wrong. my origional post was a reference to ape being a racist name for black people. i'll just car crash myself........

I looked them up. I had no idea who they were. I don't even know who the shock jocks are where I live, though.

That is an Ani DiFranco line. I was not doing this to correct you...I was just curious whether Ani covered a tori amos song (or a line).

it's ok. the line bombed, and if ya check the edited post, i bashed myself for it :P

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I think it's highly appropriate that Barry Bonds wear No. 42. After all, because of Jackie Robinson, black players now have the right to be obnoxious a-holes, just like white people such as Ty Cobb. This, I think, is progress :)

BTW, Bill Hall will wear 42 for Milwaukee on the day.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

What about Sandy Koufax? He wasn't the first Jewish major leaguer, but he was the greatest? When does he get a day?

On top of that, why isn't there a Jewish History Month? :rolleyes:

The Jewish people got their own nation. They don't need a "history month" to increase pride in their heritage. They're already rightfully proud.

You can't demand a day/month/special occasion for every minority.

Why the hell not? the way I see it, either do it for all or don't do it for any. Its only right.

You want to know why people pay more attention when a black becomes the first to do something then when a Hispanic does the same for the first time? It's simple, Hispanics weren't enslaved for 200 years of American history. There's your answer.

So I suppose that under this logic, people should pay more attention to the accomplishments of Native Americans, seeing as how they were only slaughtered and had thier land stolen from them. Even you can't deny that being far worse off than slavery.

The Jews got six million of their people killed in the Holocaust and were enslaved and then slaughtered by Nazis in concentration camps.

Then, shortly after being granted the ability to found the nation of Israel they had to fight to keep their country (which they're still doing today).

Now factor in the fact that they've been getting slaughtered and enslaved since about 5,000 BC.

But do they have a month specifically for them? No.

Yeah but Jews got reparations from how many years of the holocaust? Israel was given to them. Obviously someone was living there before that land was given to them. So we can go on and on about this but Jews own almost everything in America (they have the own bus lines for their people), everyone gets off from school/work for Yom Kippur and other Jewish holidays, but what did Black people get the 1950's and 60's and levels of oppression that will probably paralyze this race as a whole for a long time. There will be (probably already has been) a Jew president before a black one and how many years have "blacks" been in the US? Don't get me wrong, I don't have any hate for Jews but how can you come here complain when yalls situation is good? I don't even like Black history month because we all are human beings who are supposed to be treated equally regardless of race, creed, or financial class. America has been messed up since day one.

I'm sorry for going on like that but to get back on topic, I think this a great way to show homage to a man who broke barriers for many and I think this should be a yearly thing so we can remember what progress we've made in sports and in this country. B)

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

First off, I don't think there should be a Jewish history month. I was using it to make a point that Jackie Robinson did more for blacks (in relation to pro sports) then anyone else did for their respective race. I was trying to show why Robinson deserves a day to remember him by, over other minorities that did for their peoples.

I don't think Koufax, or Clemente should be honoured because they didn't do as much for their people as Robinson did for his. Nor do I think that there should be a Jewish history month, and if there's on part of your ramblings that I've quoted that I agree with it's that we as Jews have faired pretty well over the last few decades, but damn it we smell like smoke because we've been through fire. 5,000 years of persecution, slavery, relocation, and genocide. So yes, allow us to enjoy our few moments of peace before someone else decides we're a people that need to be dealt with.

I don't have any hate for Jews

That's super. I'd believe you if it weren't for...

Yeah but Jews got reparations from how many years of the holocaust? Israel was given to them. Obviously someone was living there before that land was given to them.

Israel is our ancestral home land. The Holocaust proved we needed a state, and Israel is a no brainier if you want to create a Jewish state. If they put it somewhere else the current situation would be the same, with some other group in place of the Palestinians.

As for reperations, the GERMANS TRIED TO WIPE OUR RACE OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH! They tried to annihilate us. So yeah, I say keep the payments coming.

but Jews own almost everything in America

That sounds eerily similar to a series of speeches some guy in Germany made during the '30'. Guess what, it was bull :censored: then and it's bull :censored: now.

You want to know who owns everything? RICH PEOPLE! Some of them are Jews, just like there are some Jews in the middle class, and some Jews in the lower class.

(they have the own bus lines for their people)

Really? When did this happen? Here I was riding the regular bus lines with the goyem like a putz.

Again, you're full of :censored:.

everyone gets off from school/work for Yom Kippur and other Jewish holidays

And Jewish people get off for Christmas and Easter. It all works out. We've decided to respect each other's religious holidays.

Besides, are you complaining about getting a day off where you don't have to do anything? WTF?

I get Yom Kippur off, but I spend the entire day in Temple. You get more off a day of on Yom Kippur then I do. So quit complaining.

There will be (probably already has been) a Jew president before a black one

Please tell me which US president was a Jew. I'm dying to know.

In modern history the only Jewish head of government outside of Israel has been Benjamin Disraeli (British PM from February 27, 1868 – December 1, 1868, & from February 20, 1874 – April 21, 1880).

No Jew has ever been President of the United States, and given the success of Mr. Obama, I think blacks have a great shot at getting there before the Jews.

So in short, put down the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and take a deep breath.

IMO, if Griffey played injury free since going to Cincinnati, he would be closing in on 600-700 homeruns.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Jews own almost everything in America (they have the own bus lines for their people)

What?

There will be (probably already has been) a Jew president before a black one

"Jew" isn't an adjective, it's a noun.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like this tradition. It would be sort of cool if every 42 uniform had the numerals in Dodger blue block, the way posted retired numbers at parks have it that way: the Red Sox will have their numbers in their cool number style, then 42 in Dodger numbers. Then again, the only problem is that it might clash with a lot of uniforms, and maybe teams like the Giants don't really want to look like the Dodgers.

During the Braves game the anouncers stated that all the Dodger players might wear 42. Anyone know if this is true? I am sure they all will have a 42 patch, I am not sure if that is what they were referencing.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

delete post

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

delete post

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

Ok Israel was the the ancestral homeland. No problem. Problem is if was their ancestral homeland why weren't they there? Seriously educate me on this so I don't get people trying to rip my head off with attacks. Why weren't they there? You can't just say because I once lived here this area is mine so I can take it or be put there whenever. That's just not right especially if they lost it in war or something like that.

Read about the Diaspora.

Jews getting reparations for the Holocaust but no one else is getting reparations for what they've gone through. I know Jews have gone through a lot but don't come here and act like you are the only ones who suffer. Everyone suffered some pain.

But it's the Holocaust. Nothing is tantamount to what was done there. I don't know what more to tell you, but it's an unparalleled atrocity.

Archived