If the Detroit Tigers went consistent

dustyb58

I hate to admit it, but the square D looks better to me on the jersey and the OE D looks better on the hat. Perhaps it's just what I am used to. But I'll go OE because the square D just does not look right to me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There's nothing strange about the Tigers' inconsistency. It's an inconsistency that works.

Sure, we logo snobs may have fits about it. But I'll bet the average fan doesn't care one bit. And I'll bet neither do the players.

There's nothing strange about the Tigers' inconsistency. It's an inconsistency that works.

Sure, we logo snobs may have fits about it. But I'll bet the average fan doesn't care one bit. And I'll bet neither do the players.

I was just curious. When I said strange, I meant that it's funny how sometimes they make t-shirts with one logo, and sometimes the other. Or any merchandise. I wonder how they pick.

I like the jersey D better but once I made these, I found I like it the way it is.

SIG.png

I like my Tigers just how they are. The Olde English D just looks better on a hat and the Square D looks better on a jersey. That said, I think the Olde English one looks better in almost all other situations. So, if I had to pick one, I'd go with the OE, but, I just think there's something that went right with this inconsistency.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I hate to admit it, but the square D looks better to me on the jersey and the OE D looks better on the hat. Perhaps it's just what I am used to. But I'll go OE because the square D just does not look right to me.

same here.

and here.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

I really don't like the square D, so I'll go with the Olde English, but I'd really rather see the Tigers do something like the Yankees, where the hat and jersey logo are basically the same shape, but the jersey logo is a bit thicker to make it look more substantial when enlarged.

Archived