Phillies near 10,000 loss milestone

Webhamster

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
0622_phils_losers.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Would the Phillies be the first team to lose 10,000 times?

to my knowledge, yeah. heh, ya play every damn day, you're bound to pile up a little of everything. like if you go around the world with a lot of cash but you don't shower, you come back to Melbourne with a lot of cool stuff but you also reek like you been diggin in a dumpster all day :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 4 weeks later...

And now it's official. 10,000, here we are.

And the Cardinals thank them for playing.

(And I'm happy they didn't fritter away a ten run lead).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

WE LOSE!! WE LOSE!! HUZZAH!!

My wife and I had tickets for tonight, and just knew tonight would be the night. Any time you get the perfect storm of :censored:ty starting pitching, :censored:tier relief pitching, and a total commitment to stranding as many runners on base as you possibly can, you know you're going to see something magical. And damn you, Adam Kennedy, for trying to allow the Phillies back in the game with your pair of errors!! Shame on you, sir. We won't have you handing the Phillies wins they haven't earned when you know damn well the Phillies worked their tails off to get blown out of the joint tonight.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

At current, they're 5 games behind the Mutts for the NL East, and 4.5 behind San Diego for the WIld Card.

Do they have a chance? Sure. But the same :censored: that's happened the last two years will happen again. They'll go on a tear, get close, then lose out the last week of the season.

My girlfriend and I went Saturday, when they won 10-4. I told her about what might happen before the game, and she said... "So... we want them to lose?!" It was funny.

Hey, y'know what? Most of the losses happened from the 20s to the 40s, when the ownership was :censored:.

10,000 and proud!

philly.png

I was there on Friday, thinking for sure that would be the magical night. Then the Sillies had to drop a 5 spot on the Cardinals in the first inning, and I knew my time / money was wasted.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was there on Friday, thinking for sure that would be the magical night. Then the Sillies had to drop a 5 spot on the Cardinals in the first inning, and I knew my time / money was wasted.

That's hilarious, fans disappointed that their team WON! :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

I think the Bravos would be next, and maybe would've already had the milestone if they didn't have the success in the 90's.

You're right -- 9,681 as of last night.

philly.png

I think the Bravos would be next, and maybe would've already had the milestone if they didn't have the success in the 90's.

You're right -- 9,681 as of last night.

They still have around 3-4 years 'till they get there.

saBS.png

First franchise to get 10,000 losses: the Phillies. It was in July 15th 2007.

And the first franchise to get 10,000 wins: the Giants. It was in... July 15th 2005!!!

The same day! :P

Link

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Amazing how the Giants reaching 10,000 victories had no press, compared to the Phillies reaching 10,000 losses.

Still, lmao @ the Phillies. I thought it was hilarious that they went on a tear, just to avoid 10 grand L's.

Yeah, you are right... the Giants beat their biggest rivals, the Dogs, for their 10,000th victory... hourrah!!!

But not so big press about it the next day.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived