2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up with the Canucks in the Skate logo with Germany's colors. I hated that color scheme and logo and so relieved when they ditched it.

In regards to history vs ugly logos, I had a discussion with a friend of mine and I was surprised to find out that he knows a bunch of people who want to ditch...the habs CH for something more appealing. But im not one of them just so y'all know. And I'm speaking about people in their mid 20s, they are not 13.

What??

I'm no Hab fan, and even I think people that want to change anything about that classic uniform should be burned at the stake.

Wholeheartedly agree with that. If they want to tweak it a bit maybe but nothing drastic. The logo they have now is a nice modernization of the older CH logos they've had since they formed.

Changing anything (especially now) would be viewed as a MASSIVE cash grab and a riot just may break out in downtown Montreal.

As a Bruins fan, I hate the Canadians, but they are one of the truly great, traditional franchises that also happens to have great uniforms. It would be crazy on so many levels to change those uniforms now. Down the road if you want to add an alternate, fine. It's like the Celtics...they have very nice uniforms, and great history, so why change? If you need a little something new, add an alternate but keep your classic look because it both looks great and is reflective of a great tradition.

If i have to see the whale still, i hope the habs fans get a tweak to their damn logo. SUFFER EVERYBODY!!!

So no more leaks?

I hope the Habs get an update too. People around here act like certain teams are UNTOUCHABLE. It's not like the have never changed before. The have updated their uniforms and logos all along. Keeping basically to the same ugly uniform with tweaks. Their white once had a centre blue stripe. Their logo one had a globe instead of the "H". They are not untouchable. Just a few years ago they switched to three colour numbers. Take off the rose coloured glasses the Habs uniform sucks, I hate it, always have. They actually forund a way to take red, white, and blue and make it look terrible.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

If i have to see the whale still, i hope the habs fans get a tweak to their damn logo. SUFFER EVERYBODY!!!

So no more leaks?

I hope the Habs get an update too. People around here like certain teams are UNTOUCHABLE. It's not like the have never changed before. The have updated their uniforms and logos all along. Keeping basically to the same ugly uniform withtweaks. Their white once had a centre blue stripe. Their logo one had a globe instead of the "H". They are not untouchable. Just a few years ago they switched to three colour numbers. Take off the rose coloured glasses the Habs uniform sucks, I hate it, always have. THey actually forund a way to take red, white, and blue and make it look terrible.

Just an argument waiting to happened...

Who ever changes or if they would change the Hab's jerseys, I think they would have to move out of country ^_^ .

4kv29i.jpg

Look guys what I found surfing the links of NHL shop. They have since taken it down but luckily I have it cached on my computer so I took a cell phone pic (my print screen button is broken). Do you think this might be the new Canucks uniform? ^_^

canucksleak.jpg

id accept that as their new jersey but it won't be. :down:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

So no more leaks?

Being from Texas I obviously do not understand the feelings that y'all have for the Canuck logos. I guess the only thing I can compare it to is if the Cowboys changed their logo. Everyone here would bury Jerry Jones underneath his new stadium. That being said, someone that has no idea who the Canucks are happened to be looking over my shoulder while I was looking at the previous thread. The alleged new Canuck leaked logo was up on my screen. He asked about it and I told him it was a possible logo for the Vancouver Canucks. He asked what a Canuck was to which I answered that he was basically Canada's version of Uncle Sam. I apologize if I told him wrong. So he says that he sees the killer whale forming a C so that made sense. Then he asked if those types of whales were popular in that part of the world and (because I read the threads) I told him that was a fact. He said that also made sense. So all of the big debate about the whale being a stupid logo is baseless. But again, this is the Canuck's identity being debated. Carry on smartly.

Just my two cents worth.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

So no more leaks?

You suffer only because you choose to let it affect you.

I've been asked to tone it down so i'll simply reply by...

Look at polls that have been started by sports networks and sports boards.

Thank you.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

canucksvx8.png

That's from the new NHL08 trailer on ign

I'm pretty certain what you are seeing is this and, on the goalie wearing the white version). The striping very faintly matches.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

So no more leaks?

Being from Texas I obviously do not understand the feelings that y'all have for the Canuck logos. I guess the only thing I can compare it to is if the Cowboys changed their logo. Everyone here would bury Jerry Jones underneath his new stadium. That being said, someone that has no idea who the Canucks are happened to be looking over my shoulder while I was looking at the previous thread. The alleged new Canuck leaked logo was up on my screen. He asked about it and I told him it was a possible logo for the Vancouver Canucks. He asked what a Canuck was to which I answered that he was basically Canada's version of Uncle Sam. I apologize if I told him wrong. So he says that he sees the killer whale forming a C so that made sense. Then he asked if those types of whales were popular in that part of the world and (because I read the threads) I told him that was a fact. He said that also made sense. So all of the big debate about the whale being a stupid logo is baseless. But again, this is the Canuck's identity being debated. Carry on smartly.

Just my two cents worth.

We call American's yanks, even though Americans that aren't yanks refer us to the war and how the yanks and etc won this or lost that, but it's just a reference and that's why when you ask a Canadian what do you see when you hear Yank, they say Uncle Sam. Same as when you as an American, when you ask them what a Canadian is, they say a Lumberjack or someone in an igloo or something ignorant like that to mock us, but i can accept the lumberjack.

It's why as a Vancouverite (born and raise) i can accept the Vancouver Giants logo (by far the best hockey logo by a BC team). If Vancouver wanted to represent Canuck with Johnny Canuck, no one can really argue the point. It's why when sports net had the poll up the stick/rink is always going to be the unanimous winner (on hfboards its at 89% for the s/r and 25% for the skate and 20% for the whale) but the Johnny Canuck jersey came up 2nd place (or i may have that switched) but either way, fans seem to have endeared themselves to those logo's (me included).

Now, this isn't an argument or a diss, it's just a discussion and the facts laid out. That's all.

BTW: Wouldn't they go after Hicks (the owner, not the term)? I love the Cowboys & Steelers not sure who owns the cowboys but i thought it was the same guy that owned the stars and cowboys...?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

canucksvx8.png

That's from the new NHL08 trailer on ign

I'm pretty certain what you are seeing is this and, on the goalie wearing the white version). The striping very faintly matches.

I have the Penguins & Canucks practice jerseys (Canucks vintage one shown in the ebay u posted) and neither cost 69bucks, actually together they cost me 50 bucks TOGETHER...ouch, that ebay dude is ripping people off. Yes mine are legit ones as well, i wear it when i practice for my rec ice hockey team.

Anyways, that create plays thing looks awesome. I might buy the game for my consoles and pc.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

on hfboards its at 89% for the s/r and 25% for the skate and 20% for the whale

Something's not right here...

My local sporting goods stores (Source for Sports and Sportchek) both sell those same practise jerseys for $80 CDN each. Which is actually $10 cheaper than NHL store online is selling them for. So I wouldn't say it's a ripoff, I'd say you just managed to get an extremely great deal.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

So no more leaks?

Just my two cents worth.

We call American's yanks, even though Americans that aren't yanks refer us to the war and how the yanks and etc won this or lost that, but it's just a reference and that's why when you ask a Canadian what do you see when you hear Yank, they say Uncle Sam. Same as when you as an American, when you ask them what a Canadian is, they say a Lumberjack or someone in an igloo or something ignorant like that to mock us, but i can accept the lumberjack.

It's why as a Vancouverite (born and raise) i can accept the Vancouver Giants logo (by far the best hockey logo by a BC team). If Vancouver wanted to represent Canuck with Johnny Canuck, no one can really argue the point. It's why when sports net had the poll up the stick/rink is always going to be the unanimous winner (on hfboards its at 89% for the s/r and 25% for the skate and 20% for the whale) but the Johnny Canuck jersey came up 2nd place (or i may have that switched) but either way, fans seem to have endeared themselves to those logo's (me included).

Now, this isn't an argument or a diss, it's just a discussion and the facts laid out. That's all.

BTW: Wouldn't they go after Hicks (the owner, not the term)? I love the Cowboys & Steelers not sure who owns the cowboys but i thought it was the same guy that owned the stars and cowboys...?

I say this not to insult you, but as someone who up until the past couple of days respected you and your contributions to this board: Take a little break. With each post recently, you are hurting your reputation and making yourself look like an ignorant child. Heck - I don't even disagree with a lot of what you are trying to say, but you are incapable of making any kind of coherent argument or conveying a point.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

on hfboards its at 89% for the s/r and 25% for the skate and 20% for the whale

Something's not right here...

My local sporting goods stores (Source for Sports and Sportchek) both sell those same practise jerseys for $80 CDN each. So I wouldn't say it's a ripoff.

Just going to lay out the facts, not for argument's sake as i am tired of repeating it myself...

What, the fact that fans of the team actually like a certain logo most people think sucks?

The poll actually changed..

89% for the Stick and Rink

41% for the Skate

35% for the Whale

4% don't care what is used.

Link: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=404607

Sportsnet bit..

sportsnet_jerseys1.jpg

And in the words of England Wins the man who did the jerseys that were shown in Sportsnet that were liked (not the whale..)

My name is Greg Knight and I have lived in Vancouver most of my life. I've been a longtime Canucks fan but as you can see by my nickname I'm an England fan as well. I have the England Wins name because they never do, in soccer anyway. My passion is art and sports to which neither pay the bills so I work 9-5 like the rest of us for a local engineering company.

I'd like to talk briefly on why I made the jerseys in the first place. 10 years ago when the current uniforms were going to be introduced I was very alarmed because Vancouver has a tendency to create radical and nonconforming designs. I'm an amateur artist so it was easy for me to pick up some pencils and start designing our new Canucks Jersey. If I remember correctly I did send some designs to Orca Bay but of course I never heard back from them. I disliked the Orca uniforms when they were introduced and I still don't like them very much. There is so much potential here in Vancouver and being Canadians it should be quite easy for us to come up with a new forward thinking yet classic and suitable design for the year 2007.

Well here we are 10 years later and we are in the same predicament!

I started out surfing the CDC one day back in February and there were several threads regarding the new jerseys and what they should look like. This is right after the All Star game when they released the new RBK jersey. Members on the boards were designing all sorts of new looks but I was getting very frustrated because no one was seeing the vision I saw and it was sitting right in front of me. So the logical step was to combine the RBK template and the very popular vintage jersey. Very easy and it took no more than 90 min.

I contacted Orca Bay several times and also sent them some of my designs but their response was that the NHL holds the legal rights to anything "Vancouver Canucks" so they would have to delete my designs and they would not be able to discuss the subject any further. This I understood but I did ask for a contact at the NHL level but that was a dead end also.

Regarding the Orca whale being more popular than the Rink/Stick logo, perhaps the $1 million that went into the cost of the jersey went to the same group that designed the London 2012 logo.

london.jpg

I have suggested previously on the boards and to other outlets that the Canucks should have started a jersey design contest. I would have initiated it in their very own Creative Forum where most of the die hard fans live. The Canucks could have stipulated that the winning jersey may not necessarily be 100% of the final creative work but would still be represented overall. This would have given Canucks greater flexibility with the concept, have the final say, and the CDC fans would be happy that they had some input. You know this would also have generated a lot more traffic and revenue to their website. Some other points:

1. Their CDC Forums is a source of free information.

2. Would have had most of their new design ideas created through the contest.

3. Lower-cost/Free advertising within the community.

4. Not alienated the fans who pay their salaries.

Although we haven't seen what the new uniform will look like there has been some information leaked and it's not looking very good. I'll never buy the Orca jersey because it's not what the fans want.

I'll end this with...read the entire thing said.

BRINGBACKTHEVET - That reply to the stars fan was to explain the Uncle Sam's equivalent in Canada. You should just top thinking i'm trying to repeat myself. I was stating that if the US team were to use Uncle Sam and the team was called the Americans or Yanks it'd work, if a team like Canucks or Canadians (not Canadiens) were to use a lumberjack (lumber industry is massive in Canada) it'd work and no one can argue one bit, maybe about a stereotype but if you look at the industry and what we are known for...it soon gets silent.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived