2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I'm going to call that fake as I can't see the Habs making any changes to their traditional uniforms especially something that radical. Especially when you consider the Habs white uniform transforms fairly well onto the new template.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the shorts, they are using their current logo. Somebody in the 190+ thread mentionned that the Penguins will alter their logo somehow. For haters of this uniform, this might give some hope that this is not the real thing, since it wont be that logo on the uniform.

The only thing the Pens can do to improve the logo is to finally reintroduce the little scarf on the guy. That's it. Keep the muscular, roided-out Pengy in the minors where bush-league designs like that belong.

Amen, brotha

The scarf was ok back in the day, but today...how menacing is a freakin scarf?

"That Penguin with the scarf is what Penguin hockey is all about, 29er"...

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

canadienswhite.jpg

There, something to discuss, whether it be real or fake (it is totally fake)...

thats ballsy whomever did that. it would be funny if the canadiens released that. Then watch the entire hocky world that is montreal get set ablaze and have a special cameo appearance by not johnny canuck but johnny blaze. :D

i think what the canucks argument is comming down to is iconic and nostalgic(interesting how baseball traditionalists wank over tradition and nostalgia right down to looking like they are out of the great depression) versus good modern design. The skate and stick and rink are iconic and nostalgic while Orca is good modern design that probably best represents the area. I will admit the orca is a good modern design, the problem is judging by the polls they rather have the iconic and nostalgic look. The islanders have the same situation. Iconic/nostalgic versus good modern design. The long island logo isn't a good design, in fact its quite clip artish but its iconic and nostalgic. Then the fisherman came out. Now its a good modern design that better represents the islanders better than the long island logo. In many ways like the orca, fans rejected good modern design and wanted iconic and nostalgic looks.

i think the problem is when we are conditioned to see like in this case stick and rink or skate which they had for 20 years, then we come accustomed to seeing this and associating it with the team. Then when a team radically changes looks and creates a new logo/color scheme and everthing then it more times than not it gets rejected. Because we aren't used to seeing it and don't want to accept the change. Lets take for example the Packers 'G'. Its a boring design but even in the best case scenerio of them getting the best modern design overhaul imaginable, it would never be accepted and the 'g' probably would be comming back within a year if not sooner.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

That thing is so flat... like a piece of cardboard... it's barely got any crease shadows.

One dimensional crap hockey is what Habs hockey is all about...i kid...i kid.

Pfft, I wouldn't care if you were serious in insulting the Habs... Afterall, I am a Leafs fan. ;)

.... ah the Leafs with NO dimensional hockey.... ^_^

:lol: Hey, I'm not the one that made the insult. I just didn't disagree with it. :P

Wade-sig.png

thats ballsy whomever did that. it would be funny if the canadiens released that. Then watch the entire hocky world that is montreal get set ablaze and have a special cameo appearance by not johnny canuck but johnny blaze. :D

Why not both?

ghostcanuck.png

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

canadienswhite.jpg

i think what the canucks argument is comming down to is iconic and nostalgic(interesting how baseball traditionalists wank over tradition and nostalgia right down to looking like they are out of the great depression) versus good modern design. The skate and stick and rink are iconic and nostalgic while Orca is good modern design that probably best represents the area. I will admit the orca is a good modern design, the problem is judging by the polls they rather have the iconic and nostalgic look. The islanders have the same situation. Iconic/nostalgic versus good modern design. The long island logo isn't a good design, in fact its quite clip artish but its iconic and nostalgic. Then the fisherman came out. Now its a good modern design that better represents the islanders better than the long island logo. In many ways like the orca, fans rejected good modern design and wanted iconic and nostalgic looks.

i think the problem is when we are conditioned to see like in this case stick and rink or skate which they had for 20 years, then we come accustomed to seeing this and associating it with the team. Then when a team radically changes looks and creates a new logo/color scheme and everthing then it more times than not it gets rejected. Because we aren't used to seeing it and don't want to accept the change. Lets take for example the Packers 'G'. Its a boring design but even in the best case scenerio of them getting the best modern design overhaul imaginable, it would never be accepted and the 'g' probably would be comming back within a year if not sooner.

Apparently Larry Quinn is dropping some mockups...

Why not both?

ghostcanuck.png

Win!

canadienswhite.jpg

Maybe it's bias because as a Bruins fan i hate the Habs, but thats wicked ugly :puke:

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

That thing is so flat... like a piece of cardboard... it's barely got any crease shadows.

One dimensional crap hockey is what Habs hockey is all about...i kid...i kid.

Pfft, I wouldn't care if you were serious in insulting the Habs... Afterall, I am a Leafs fan. ;)

.... ah the Leafs with NO dimensional hockey.... ^_^

....and the Jets with no hockey at all.....

Archived