2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Discussion & Argument are 2 different things...I stated facts to back it up and left it as that, notice how i am talking about the leaf jerseys and the penguins logo change?

Yup yup...giggity giggity goo.

OFF TOPIC: gotta go to a picnic tomorrow and there will be kids around, but a lot of people my age (26) and older...would it be okay for me to get hammered out of my mind or should i wait till i get home? It'll be 24 degree's celcius + so i'm thinking bombs away with beer.

Get hammered, hit on any reasonably available women just outside of your age group either way. Remain proud of self until sobriety hits, then never hang out with any of those people again.

Also, the Leaf jerseys suck (staying on topic)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

torontomapleleafsvf3.png

I just found a leaked Leafs jersey. I think it might be real. I don't like it though, it rips off the nashville predators jerseys.

POST OF THE DAY!!!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

torontomapleleafsvf3.png

I just found a leaked Leafs jersey. I think it might be real. I don't like it though, it rips off the nashville predators jerseys.

This is stupid, and not because it's meant to be an obvious joke, but because someone else did the same "funny" thing over at HFBoards and beat you by an entire day so now all it seems like is someone trying to copy someone elses "comedy."

Thread

Picture

leafs.jpg

torontomapleleafsvf3.png

This is stupid, and not because it's meant to be an obvious joke, but because someone else did the same "funny" thing over at HFBoards and beat you by an entire day so now all it seems like is someone trying to copy someone elses "comedy."

Thread

Picture

leafs.jpg

Are we bitching at members for not searching other forums now?

Please.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

torontomapleleafsvf3.png

Thread

Picture

leafs.jpg

So it was a fake!

torontomapleleafsvf3.png

Thread

Picture

leafs.jpg

Please.

No, I think we're bitching at them for ripping off other forums and claiming credit for themselves.

torontomapleleafsvf3.png

Thread

Picture

leafs.jpg

Please.

No, I think we're bitching at them for ripping off other forums and claiming credit for themselves.

Assuming dude goes to that other board..............

he might not have even known man.

So you're saying that because the Vancouver Aquarium once held Orcas in captivity - a situation that was considered cruel by more than a few - they are somehow a symbol of Vancouver?

Huh?

No. I'm just pointing out that there is a connection between Orcas and Vancouver. I was responding to VCX's statement that Orcas bring other regions more to mind than Vancouver by pointing out a connection between Vancouver and the animal. I would have thought that was obvious.

The common belief on this board that Orcas "represent the north west region of BC and Vancouver" is ridiculous. They don't hold any particular significance or have any great importance within Canadian culture and they are NOT in any way UNIQUE to the west coast.

I hate to point out the obvious, but Orcas are indigenous to every continent in the world. You are just as likely to see an Orca in Mexico as you are in BC. Ironically, you won't see any Orcas at all in Vancouver now that the Aquarium has stopped keeping them in captivity.

I'm not arguing that they're particularly unique to BC, just pointing out that they are native to BC waters, and they do feature prominently in some BC Native art. None of the other Canucks logos are any more unique to BC or Vancouver, as hockey rinks, skates, and lumberjacks can be found throughout many parts of the world too.

As for the Orca's suitability as a logo for the Vancouver Canucks I think most outsiders don't realize the connotations that is has for many Canucks fans. Besides the obvious fact that it has nothing to do with the name or spirit of the Canucks, it represents a corporate sellout to many here. Longstanding fans will forever see a link between Orca Bay and that :censored:ing whale logo. You cannot argue against that fact or try to reason with us. We will never see it any differently. It will never be the true symbol of the Canucks.

Never.

Yes, I know all about the corporate angle about the logo. I also think its time that other Vancouver fans get over it. The change to the Orca happened a decade ago, the team is once again owned by a local family, and the current CEO, Chris Zimmerman has said on local radio that even the Orca Bay holding company may be renamed sometime in the future.

torontomapleleafsvf3.png

Thread

Picture

leafs.jpg

Please.

You better turn in the $1,000,000 prize you got for funniest post of the day :blink:

And we all know what happens when assumumptions are made.

They make an ASS of U and ME.

Stop assuming, y'all.

I always thought that, when you assume, you make an ass out of Uma Thurman.

Oh well, live and learn.

Stop assuming, y'all.

Oh well, live and learn.

...where's BILL?

Stop assuming, y'all.

Oh well, live and learn.

...where's BILL?

Actually, that 2nd Leafs jersey concept isn't far off.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Are people done playing with words? Was there a special Sesame Street on today?

The jersey leaking business has seemed to have grinded to a halt, that sucks.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

First of VCX stop acting like you represent all Canuck fans and making it seem like you know everything about Vancouver, because you obviously don?t. Native art is all over Vancouver just go to the Stanley Park. There are also tons of native art stores all over the city. Whales are very common in Vancouver. Just a couple months ago a friends and I were out in a boat near Bowen Island when we saw a whale. What about all the whale statues downtown and the whale watching tours that goes on.

With that said, I seem to be the only Canuck fan who hasn?t weighed in on which logo is the best, so here I go.

The stick and rink logo is plain and boring and a stupid design to use now. It?s not the seventies. I love the colors though and the jerseys. This is why last year I was so excited that they were made the alternate.

The skate logo is terrible to. Colors are horrible and the skate looks nothing like a current skate. I agree with other people that it looks like some planet.

Whale logo is bad to but is still the best logo the Canucks have ever had. Colors are boring and so are the jerseys. The logo was cooperate driven and I think they can do better expressing the Canuck name.

My wish would be an update of Johnny Canuck. But I would be happy with a recolor whale logo as long as green and blue are used and the jersey looks nothing like Nashville?s and Florida?s.

Not that I want to contribute to the derailing of this thread and the complete lack of actual news therein, but these are the things that stick out the most in my mind from my visit to Vancouver...

3. The amazing native art, especially the totem poles in Stanley Park (and the orca statue at the aquarium, which actually reminds me of the Canucks logo)

2. All the buildings appear to have been constructed using an eerie greenish-colored glass

1. The waitresses at Earl's on Robson St. are smokin' hot

Considering those things, I find no objection to the orca logo. I think if they go blue-green with it it will look really sharp.

(And the stick-and-rink logo actually looks like some kind of weird grinning face to me.)

Why don't the Canucks just make their logo a green and blue statue of a really hot chick. :upside:

Nice idea (and I'd be in for that) but people would deride it as "the alien chick logo".

Archived