2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Only way to tell is if someone has found a jersey that has been released that has the same exact shading and everything, since no one has, i guess i can believe the flames jersey leak as real.

As for the poster that said Canucks fans don't have tradition, stick to cheering for a team you like, don't chime in on something you know little to nothing about. IN every poll taken from radio shows, sports shows, news shows that had one and even canucks boards on various sports sites, the choices usually are in a huge majority in favour of the Stick/Ring logo. A canuck is a canadian, a stick and rink is as canadian as it can get, the skate was as well...the whale? Not so much which is why fans (the MAJORITY OF THEM) dislike it.

How ****'n hard is that to understand?

Some people need to visit their local learning centres. Reading is a fundamental that needs to be learned.

You need to take your own advice. The only tradition the Canucks have is losing.

I actually laughed out loud at that statement.. ^_^

espnsignq8.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You must not have a high enough contrast ratio on your lcd monitor. I can see it if i tilt my screen.

Agreed. I can see it too. I brightened it on my photobucket.

brightened.jpg

You might wanna use that same tool to check and see if it has an NHL logo on the collar.

If it does I can't make one out.

Only way to tell is if someone has found a jersey that has been released that has the same exact shading and everything, since no one has, i guess i can believe the flames jersey leak as real.

As for the poster that said Canucks fans don't have tradition, stick to cheering for a team you like, don't chime in on something you know little to nothing about. IN every poll taken from radio shows, sports shows, news shows that had one and even canucks boards on various sports sites, the choices usually are in a huge majority in favour of the Stick/Ring logo. A canuck is a canadian, a stick and rink is as canadian as it can get, the skate was as well...the whale? Not so much which is why fans (the MAJORITY OF THEM) dislike it.

Some people need to visit their local learning centres. Reading is a fundamental that needs to be learned.

An orca is just as canadian as a skating rink...if not more considering there are more of them in the north. Skating rinks are everywhere and since when is he not allowed to talk about another team.

Christ what is it with people flipping out today :wacko:

I'm not flipping out...here's the problem with the Orca logo, majority of the fans don't like it.

Polls, the local media, fans that have been asked on the street in whatever segment, even in forums. That is enough proof/opinion for people to know, the fan of the TEAM, is not a fan of the LOGO.

I don't get why that is soo hard to understand.

As for the Canucks tradition of losing, we've made it to the finals more than once, what's your point? At least Canucks can say they have made it to the finals, how many teams currently can say they've made it to the finals? Sure there are a lot but there also a good chunk of teams that have won in the season but can't make it anywhere in the playoffs. That little tidbit of "tradition is losing" was lame.

I live in Vancouver, i was born in Vancouver, i'm not oblivious to our history...which isn't really that deep to begin with. What, at one point we had the tallest building in the british empire (structure still stands today, used in movies plenty of times because of the elaborate design in the lobby/elevator area). The killer whales? When i think Killer whales, i think of seattle or marine world/land, sea world. We might have a few sightings of Killer whales here and there up further north, but aside from that, not much.

The only thing that can be said about Vancouver lately is that it's ethnically diverse and there are all walks of life represented in various religions/cultures and backgrounds, if you want to talk about the woods and what not, look further up north. The skate wasn't liked at first, but fans grew to love it within a few years as well as the stick and rink.

Here's the kicker...a problem, fans (majority of them, majority does rule remember) haven't been fans of the Orca logo and it's been 10yrs now, majority of the fans still hate it and when the logo and new jerseys first came out, people wanted the old logo's in the new colours not the whale, then the greatest thing happened, NHL introduced the vintage jersey after the Oiler outdoor game. Brought the blue/green/white back into the fans memories.

The oldschool vintage jersey is way before my time yet i can identify with that more than the orca, the skate and the red/black/orange/red is what i grew up with...the losing tradition comes with the Orca, not so much with the other colour schemes and logo's (stick/rink might be debateable).

ANYWAYS....I like the new flames jersey if it is their new one, curious to see what the crest looks like on the shoulder.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

An orca is just as canadian as a skating rink...if not more considering there are more of them in the north. Skating rinks are everywhere and since when is he not allowed to talk about another team.

I'm not flipping out...here's the problem with the Orca logo, majority of the fans don't like it.

Polls, the local media, fans that have been asked on the street in whatever segment, even in forums. That is enough proof/opinion for people to know, the fan of the TEAM, is not a fan of the LOGO.

As for the Canucks tradition of losing, we've made it to the finals more than once, what's your point? At least Canucks can say they have made it to the finals, how many teams currently can say they've made it to the finals? Sure there are a lot but there also a good chunk of teams that have won in the season but can't make it anywhere in the playoffs. That little tidbit of "tradition is losing" was lame.

What joshuamings probably meant was:

No Cup = Losing Tradition

...and so much for Brian In Boston's encouragement towards an argument free discussion.

What joshuamings probably meant was:

No Cup = Losing Tradition

So throw in...

LA Kings

Nashville Predators

Minnesota Wild

Columbus Blue Jackets

San Jose Sharks

Washington Capitals

Atlanta Thrashers

Florida Panthers

Phoenix Coyotes

Buffalo Sabres

St. Louis Blues

Ottawa Senators (screw the old cups, if you count that, Millionaires count as well...default, the canucks)

Vancouver Canucks

Argument or discussion, i was trying to convey a point that the canucks' fans, the majority of them have spoken. They just don't like the Orca logo, for some reason, that is hard for people to understand. That and the fact the majority of the fans love our original logo...when a team is coming out with a logo, usually they want THEIR fans to love it, not caring about "hey i hope that avs fan loves our logo, that'd be swell Billy, yes it would Bob."

Of course, the exception...the Sabres, which so happen to be our twin team. Odd how both teams have logo's the fans dislike, yet are happy with the colours (at least).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Looking at the flames patch a little closer, is it the same flaming black "C" in a shield? Isn't that a little lame? They ditched the flaming horse head to use the same logo they use as the main crest on the shoulder as well, lacking creativity much up in Calgary? (insert some lame Canuck retort in here, disregarding the fact i am a PENGUINS fan as well).

The jersey itself, it isn't that bad compared to the atrocious Preds & Panthers jersies. I liked the white C because to me it lookedl ike the C was still on fire, burning, the black C looks like the logo is done, burnt to a crisp, charred and done. Not a good way to look at it.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Those teams are a buncha losers! They ought to be relegated!

I am going to take that insult and give you the most mature come-back I have...

YOUR A LOSER!!!

:P

I am disappointed in your lack of creativity for a comeback...you totally could have won by using "I'm rubber your glue, whatever you say bounces back to you" or something like "I know you are, but what am i?"....c'mon man, i know you have it in you.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I just saw this on another board, thoughts?

2001058819840255463_rs.jpg

Can we all agree to stop posting crappy cell phone shots of jerseys? No camera phone nowadays is that bad that they couldn't get a decent shot of a jersey that close up.

Every one of them has been a fake.

Sorry man I just wanted to share.. I can take it off if you guys want. The legitimate capitals jersey leaked photo was awful quality though. So was the Quad City Flames image.

Nothing personal. Just that it's the current popular trend to fake jersey leaks with poorly lit, low res early 90's quality cell phone shots and try to pass them off as legit.

I just saw this on another board, thoughts?

2001058819840255463_rs.jpg

Can we all agree to stop posting crappy cell phone shots of jerseys? No camera phone nowadays is that bad that they couldn't get a decent shot of a jersey that close up.

Every one of them has been a fake.

I hope this makes you happy this was on the same site

2002461804025033077_rs.jpg

That doesn't make it any more legit. Just because it's a little different from the previous leaks doesnt mean it can't still be faked.

Still, wouldn't be the worst thing ever if that's it.

Looking at the flames patch a little closer, is it the same flaming black "C" in a shield? Isn't that a little lame? They ditched the flaming horse head to use the same logo they use as the main crest on the shoulder as well, lacking creativity much up in Calgary? (insert some lame Canuck retort in here, disregarding the fact i am a PENGUINS fan as well).

The jersey itself, it isn't that bad compared to the atrocious Preds & Panthers jersies. I liked the white C because to me it lookedl ike the C was still on fire, burning, the black C looks like the logo is done, burnt to a crisp, charred and done. Not a good way to look at it.

:lol: Lol! I never thought of that, that's a good point. However, I'll still choose the black one over the white one on any given day simply because asthetically, it looks better.

I hope you're wrong on your description of the new shoulder logo. That would be lame.

I live in Vancouver, i was born in Vancouver, i'm not oblivious to our history...which isn't really that deep to begin with. What, at one point we had the tallest building in the british empire (structure still stands today, used in movies plenty of times because of the elaborate design in the lobby/elevator area). The killer whales? When i think Killer whales, i think of seattle or marine world/land, sea world. We might have a few sightings of Killer whales here and there up further north, but aside from that, not much.

Did you never go to the Vancouver Aquarium when they had Orcas? There's a reason this was at one point their logo: VanAquaLogo.gif

Orcas are indigenous to pretty much all BC waters, the transient sub species especially. You aren't exactly going to see them in Vancouver Harbour, but then any large marine life tends to stay out of those sort of areas. I've no idea why you would think Orcas have more to do with Seattle than they do with Vancouver.

Did you never go to the Vancouver Aquarium when they had Orcas? There's a reason this was at one point their logo: VanAquaLogo.gif

Orcas are indigenous to pretty much all BC waters, the transient sub species especially. You aren't exactly going to see them in Vancouver Harbour, but then any large marine life tends to stay out of those sort of areas. I've no idea why you would think Orcas have more to do with Seattle than they do with Vancouver.

Here is a guess on why the Seattle contection. The San Jaun area is popular for whales from March to October, following the Salmon runs. And many people take boats from Seattle to that area.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Yeah i know about the Aquarium, it's not like we have a ton of killer whales there, as for the BC waters, yeah but when i sit on the waterfront and look out, i don't really see any Orca's. It's fine that they do swim around in our waters, but you know i'm just going to end this with LOOK AT THE POLLS!!

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

away_jersey-1989_big.jpg

p1868136reg.jpg

This is what they need to go back to.

See my current avatar--I've been saying that for awhile...

If they did I'd be a very happy Flames fan.

I always pick that style for te Flames playing EA's NHL game...

(But some teams I don't pick the old style. Just so you don't think this is retro for retro's sake--this is--"That looked good--let's go back there.")

As for the Flames not changing their name--that was decided in a name the team contest--Flames was an overwhelming winner.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

What I don't understand is why everybody hated the flames horsehead.

Calgary_Flames_horse_head_logo.png

It definately would make a hideous primary but it looks great as a shoulder patch. For that reason, I just don't get it.

It looks atrocious--because it's bald--it has no mane!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived