2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Well Trenton is now the Trenton Devils, they use the devils logo in their logo, so the devils logo is most likely not changing.

Rp98V9jZODQAADpVAXM4107.gif

Plain and unoriginal. Screw the Devils for getting rid of the Titans.

philly.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got this from the Leafs forum, the first time he posted it I criticized it of being an MS Paint job, and he responds:
As for some of the people who have critized the photo for being done on MS Paint, it was, plain and simple. My uncle who works as a designer got the picture sent to him of the 08' leaf jersey but couldn't send me the actual picture itself because of copyrights and infringement trademark laws. So he basically did with what he had at his place as quick as possible to show me and came up with the Paint job done shot of the new jersey, this is not a fake, this is as real as the sens choking in the cup final, Go Leafs GO!!!!

leafsrbkedgejersey.jpg

But, I could have drawn something up and said my uncle was a designer too...

Just putting it out there.

If thats the real deal, which it probably isn't I wouldn't mind that at all

Thats because your not a true Leaf fan...

That is plain :censored: !

Your right I'm not a true leaf fan, sure I cheer for them yeah, but the only reason I do that is because they have the most games on tv for my area. I will cheer for them in the playoffs (if they can even make the playoffs) but they're not my favorite NHL team.

Okay, Jeremy. Can I call you Jeremy?

:P

Hi, how are you?

So much for a fresh start... for any of you curious, the first post of this thread is still up to date, so if you have any questions as to if anything new has been released this week (which there hasn't), be sure to check there.

Instead of wondering about blatant fakeries, why don't we discuss the merits of what's already been released? So far I'd give the NHL as a whole about a C+. Florida and Nashville are terrible, then again I didn't think they were that good to begin with. And the more I see, the more I appreciate the Caps' design.

Just wanna ask one more thing, does anyone know what the oilers are doing to their logo? No one said anything about in this fourm

No word on the Oilers, meaning it probably won't be much of a change.

Well Trenton is now the Trenton Devils, they use the devils logo in their logo, so the devils logo is most likely not changing.

They could be changing it when New Jersey changes their's

Doubtful, since Trenton just recently (and regretfully) changed from the Titans.

I hate that... I like it when minor league teams have their own identities.

What's wrong with the Rochester Americans and the Hershey Bears? Nothing, that's what.

They could be changing it when New Jersey changes their's

Doubtful, since Trenton just recently (and regretfully) changed from the Titans.

I hate that... I like it when minor league teams have their own identities.

What's wrong with the Rochester Americans and the Hershey Bears? Nothing, that's what.

Or the loch monsters for that matter. i don't like how nj has turned both their AHL and ECHL affiliates in to one big monolith. I'm starting to think that when the devil went down to georgia, he packed his stuff and went up to Jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I got this from the Leafs forum, the first time he posted it I criticized it of being an MS Paint job, and he responds:
As for some of the people who have critized the photo for being done on MS Paint, it was, plain and simple. My uncle who works as a designer got the picture sent to him of the 08' leaf jersey but couldn't send me the actual picture itself because of copyrights and infringement trademark laws. So he basically did with what he had at his place as quick as possible to show me and came up with the Paint job done shot of the new jersey, this is not a fake, this is as real as the sens choking in the cup final, Go Leafs GO!!!!

leafsrbkedgejersey.jpg

But, I could have drawn something up and said my uncle was a designer too...

Just putting it out there.

Not even close. The first hint that it is a total, total fake is that the guy obviously does not remember that MLSE came out months ago saying that silver was being removed from the colour scheme. So now the blue and white will actually be blue and white. I mean come on, if you are going to do a fake put some research into it first. Second, it was posted on the Leafs forum, the cesspool where 14 year old punks think they know everything and believe everything you tell them. If it was anything close to the real jersey, don't you think the mods would have removed it very quickly??

I'm just sayin. (It also looks nothing close to how the actual jersey will look which I have said before is extremly plain and simple and nothing like the Preds or Panthers).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Now I don't exactly know the copyright and infringement laws, but isn't leaking the confidential information in any way possible (whether its duplicating it in MS Paint) still violating the laws? If so, then obviously the excuse for the Paint job is complete BS.

And this is a question for everyone, what are the chances of a team like the Leafs adopting the front jersey numbers?

Wade-sig.png

That Leaves... I mean, that Leafs' jersey is obviously a fake.

That being said, it does remind me of the old leafs jersey from the 80's & 70's. Looks like Howard Ballard is back in town, but this time his name is MLSE.

Why would they want to remind anybody about how they're a losing team again? Those 80's jerseys were associated with Ballard and losing. They would never go with a design like this again.

thecatch.jpg

It's interesting how so many half-assed paint concepts keep showing up and there are people that seem to like them better than what the teams have now. We're talking about little to no thought going into the design and yet there are people that absolutely love these things. I dare say ditto for most of Reebok's new creations. So many of their new template jerseys are just a bunch of lines thrown together without any purpose. To me, it just illustrates that a lot of people will like (or buy) any new jersey as long as it is new.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Lol, its obvious there the same person.

*Waits for, no he's my best friend from school reply*

Hey, I never said he was my best friend! Just that I went to school with him.

I've been away since Friday anhd haven't missed anything, what a boring couple days (with regards to leaks).

untitled-6.jpg

It is being reported in Detroit that the Tampa Bay Lightning (also owned by Piston's owner Bill Davidson) are about to be sold. I wonder if that will affect the logo/uni change. If I paid multiple millions for a pro team, I would want a say on the logo/unis.

Everyone loves a roundel.

From the Thrashers official blog...

First off- my apologies for the lack of posting lately. Things have been pretty quiet on the Thrashers front, and I was on vacation. I'm back though and hopefully things will pick up soon. On to a bit of uni news.

Plenty of people seem to be wondering what the new Reebok Edge Thrashers uniforms are going to look like and multiple people have asked me when they're going to be unveiled.

Well, I have some answers, but no pictures. Despite rumors to the contrary there are no major changes planned for the uniforms. Naturally they're going to look a bit different to keep them in line with the league-wide look being rolled out by Reebok, but the logo, colors and general design are staying the same. Some of the trim and accents will change but it's not a uniform overhaul.

So when do you get to see the new threads for yourself? During training camp, which begins in mid-September (on the 13th I think, but I'll have to confirm that).

So stay patient and relax. There are no secret plots to do away the blue uniforms.

Archived