2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'll admit when I heard this news about new ownership for the Lightning my mind went to the Florida Panthers for some reason... and none of you can tell me they're doing well in the market. Anyway, that's the story behind that.

Also, these fake jerseys are stupid, but I got a chuckle out of the orca on disco skates. That is pretty funny. :lol:

As per boltprospects.com, the new owners have seen the new logo and it will be officially revealed to the public August 25th.

Q&A: So, what's this all mean?

By the Times staff

Published August 8, 2007

Does this mean we might have changes in the look of the team: the logo or uniforms?

New uniforms and a new logo were already in the works and will be unveiled Aug. 25. The logo will dispense with the word "Lightning," sharpen the look of the bolt and change the type style of the words "Tampa Bay." The colors are expected to be the same, but the uniform will be more form-fitting.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

As per boltprospects.com, the new owners have seen the new logo and it will be officially revealed to the public August 25th.

Q&A: So, what's this all mean?

By the Times staff

Published August 8, 2007

Does this mean we might have changes in the look of the team: the logo or uniforms?

New uniforms and a new logo were already in the works and will be unveiled Aug. 25. The logo will dispense with the word "Lightning," sharpen the look of the bolt and change the type style of the words "Tampa Bay." The colors are expected to be the same, but the uniform will be more form-fitting.

So he basically completely described this:

TBMSH_2.jpg

Is that a leak, or something made up?

I actually don't mind it.

Canucks - completely made-up.

Lightning - mostly true.

Sorry, should have specified which one I was asking about.... I still think the Canucks one isn't half bad, although I did suspect it was not real.

I'll reserve total judgement on the Tampa logos until I see them on a uniform, but other than getting rid of that cartoony font, they haven't done much to improve the worst logo in the league.

I'll reserve total judgement on the Tampa logos until I see them on a uniform, but other than getting rid of that cartoony font, they haven't done much to improve the worst logo in the league.

I couldn't agree more man, as glad as I am to see that the lighting have become a much better team on the ice, and in getting attendance over the past let's say 3 to 5 years, IMO they still have the worst look in all the league.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Another crappy market gets to keep their franchise.

Florida Hockey: Feel the Excitement

#3 attendance in the US, #8 overall in the NHL.

I'm sorry, you were saying...?

Tampa Bay was #3 in the NHL for total and average attendance last season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2007

You were saying?

My bad- the sports station gave me bad information.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't know what's worse, the bitching or the horrendous joke jerseys people are unveiling on here as obvious jokes and some less obvious to the original poster.

At least with the old jersey thread, it had enough jersey talk to offset the whining, with the new one, with no unveilings...it's just straight harassment in here.

Tell you what you can do... get off your ass and hack some computer somewhere or bribe some inside sources and get us some real jersey leaks or get your ****ing panties out of a twist, lighten the hell up and try to have some ****ing fun. It's just bloody ****ing hockey jerseys in a ****ing message board thread on the ****ing internet. It's good to laugh and joke around or whatever. Once the lazy ass teams get around to showing some stuff off we'll have things to talk about. Otherwise, I don't see what the big deal is with anyone just having fun or joking around to pass the time.

Had no clue it was that time of the month for you.

Oh the hypocrisy. :P At least I know I never have to waste 20 seconds on you again. Thanks :D

Lightning - mostly true.
Mostly?

:wacko:

I'm not certain that the secondary Florida patch will actually be on the final product.

But I could be wrong.

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

This is a fake, however I was curious as to what others thought about this Blues sweater? It's not too different, other than the stupid piping and really wide stripes...

bluesjersey.jpg

Real or not (which as you said, it's obviously fake) I wouldn't like it. The piping that many of the teams have been using is (here it comes folks) piping for the sake of piping. It hads nothing to the jerseys look and design it's just sort of there to be there. I don't hate piping or striping or gradients or midgets or side panels or whatever, but if you're going to throw piping or striping or gradients or Matt Roloff or side panels on a jersey just to do it without rhyme or reason, it's going to suck.

Lightning - mostly true.

Mostly?

:wacko:

I'm not certain that the secondary Florida patch will actually be on the final product.

But I could be wrong.

But other than that, the other logos are the real deal???

If so...good job on the logos TB, let's see the unis now.

Archived