Cards-Brewers Throwing back to 1982

STL FANATIC

Its a shame that the Cardinals were the ones who wore the light blue. There are only two teams that could ever successfully pull off the light blue away jersey....Kansas City and Milwaukee. All other teams need to take their powder blues and tuck them far far away into their past. That goes for you too Philadelphia!

Early '80s Expos!!!! Oh, they don't exist any more.

THe Nats could pull powder blue off. It'd be tricky, but it could work.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do some of you people want to see men in tight uniforms? That?s creepy.

Anyway the Brewers actual messed up their own uniforms. They helmets they wore looked like this that season.

gthomasmil.JPG

Iknow it is the road uniform, but they wore the same helmets at home.

Didn't the Brewers in 1982 have the home hat all blue, the road hat blue with the yellow front panel and the batting helmet was the one in the picture. So none of the caps matched the batting helmet.

Are they the only team to have a batting helmet not match any of the caps they wore?

As someone who lived through the bush-league years when powder blue was king, for the love of god - DO NOT BRING THEM BACK!

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Anyway the Brewers actual messed up their own uniforms. They helmets they wore looked like this that season.

gthomasmil.JPG

Didn't the Brewers in 1982 have the home hat all blue, the road hat blue with the yellow front panel and the batting helmet was the one in the picture. So none of the caps matched the batting helmet.

Are they the only team to have a batting helmet not match any of the caps they wore?

The Twins in the mid-1970's wore red caps with navy bills at home (similar to current alt), all navy caps on the road (similar to current home) and helmets that had red bills, navy backs and a white front panel (similar to what Joe Mauer wears behind the plate at home). Also, the Atlanta Braves helmets during the 1970's had a white bill and white front while the caps had royal blue bills with a white front.

The Brewers also messed up the number font on this week's throwbacks. They should have had a Varsity font similar to what the Yankees or Tigers wear, not the block font they used.

Could well be, but who posted that comment?

Remember: not everything on the Internets is true. We have several people here on these boards making, shall we say, dubious assertions of fact....

Looking at UniWatch, it was straight from Paul Lukas, Goth.

So, THERE, Gitlin. :P

Homer or not, it appears I may have nailed this one. (Not that we can say for sure. I'm just saying...)

I've got no reason to not believe that.

Once again, I'm a dope.

Thanks for playing along, I feel better now.

New York Mets, 2006-present.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

gthomasmil.JPG

Who said anything about tight? What I do want to see are uniforms that actually FIT. Not baggy garbage.

Its a shame that the Cardinals were the ones who wore the light blue. There are only two teams that could ever successfully pull off the light blue away jersey....Kansas City and Milwaukee. All other teams need to take their powder blues and tuck them far far away into their past. That goes for you too Philadelphia!

No. They should keep what they have.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No. They should keep what they have.

So should the Brewers....

I saw, I came, I left.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've never seen one team give so much attention to a 25 year old PENNANT. I mean, come on.

Toronto Maple Leafs 1967 Cup ...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

EXPOS :cry:

exposwg8.jpg180pxrustystaub70toppsshy9.jpg

I miss the days where Powder Blues were the norm for away uniforms... Much better than today's silly Blacks and Navies....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

EXPOS :cry:

exposwg8.jpg180pxrustystaub70toppsshy9.jpg

I miss the days where Powder Blues were the norm for away uniforms... Much better than today's silly Blacks and Navies....

Oh the pinwheel madness!!!

This pic must be from when they celebrated their 5th straight 40 win season. There were 100 fans back home celebrating simultaneously.

It still boggles my mind why that team moved to Washington :rolleyes:

This pic must be from when they celebrated their 5th straight 40 win season. There were 100 fans back home celebrating simultaneously.

Wow do you even remember that team at all? Between 1979-1998 they always had decent teams. Some of those teams were even great. 1981...and I swear that 1994 team would have gone all the way. There were some GREAT years in Montreal when believe it or not they would PACK Olympic Stadium. Considering how they had started to improve just before the move to Washington, I'm convinced that had they built a new ballpark there, the team would have become a powerful contender. Instead, Loria killed the franchise then bolted to Miami where he tried killing THAT franchise. I swear that man is going to come to a violent end. Anything less would be uncivilized.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Oh the pinwheel madness!!!

Yeah, it boggles my mind why they moved to Washington ..... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

gthomasmil.JPG

Who said anything about tight? What I do want to see are uniforms that actually FIT. Not baggy garbage.

Yes, you are correct you said form-fit. Incidentally the definition of form-fitting is - Snugly fitting the contours of the body. Which sounds even creepier.

But if you want it your way, semantic boy, have at it. :D

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

Bite your tongue - at one point, they had the best roster in all of baseball.

Back in the 90s when playing a MLB video game I use to make a roster of all former Expos. Those teams were then tough to beat.

Wow do you even remember that team at all? Between 1979-1998 they always had decent teams. Some of those teams were even great. 1981...and I swear that 1994 team would have gone all the way. There were some GREAT years in Montreal when believe it or not they would PACK Olympic Stadium. Considering how they had started to improve just before the move to Washington, I'm convinced that had they built a new ballpark there, the team would have become a powerful contender. Instead, Loria killed the franchise then bolted to Miami where he tried killing THAT franchise. I swear that man is going to come to a violent end. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Tell me about it. In my dream world, the TB Devil Rays would have been in Washington instead, and the Expos would still be around.

Archived