Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

I really wished the NFL did not schedule the Pats against the Colts in the regular season.

It would have much more interesting had the teams stayed undefeated until the AFC Championship game... This is unbelievable. It seems like you have to go 16-0 just to get home field in the AFC, unlike previous years when you can relax at the end of the season.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So...I hear "Bye" is the 4 point favorite against the Rams this coming week.

Fire Scott Linehan....now.

I really thought they would win today didn't they have a 14-3 lead too.

Wow I wish the Rams and Dolphins could face each other.

Yeah...they blew it. The defense took the bye week early, and Steven Jackson's leaving the game with back spasms killed the offense.

More importantly, and a microcosm of the game, the Rams were in 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1 twice. Ran up the gut on all four plays. Zero yards. (Granted Linedork had waaay to many recievers in the game at that time, which helped contribute to the failure.)

They got two chances really left to get a win: @ San Fran on November 18th, and hosting Atlanta on December 2nd.

No the better team won.

They blew a 14 point lead at home.

But I'm not going to argue further than that....that way leads to profanity of bannable proportions.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I really wished the NFL did not schedule the Pats against the Colts in the regular season.

It would have much more interesting had the teams stayed undefeated until the AFC Championship game... This is unbelievable. It seems like you have to go 16-0 just to get home field in the AFC, unlike previous years when you can relax at the end of the season.

Well they're only playing each other because they both finished first in their divisions the prior year. If the Colts were 2nd in the division last year, they'd have played the Jets this year instead of NE....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm no Patriots fans by any stretch of the imagination, but I want to see some records get broken.

I'd love to see them go 16-0. I'd love to see them break the record for most points scored in a season. I'd like to see Brady throw 60 TD passes. And so on....

I'm no Patriots fans by any stretch of the imagination, but I want to see some records get broken.

I'd love to see them go 16-0. I'd love to see them break the record for most points scored in a season. I'd like to see Brady throw 60 TD passes. And so on....

Only to have the one and done nature of the NFL playoffs bite them in the arse.... ^_^

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just when you thought you'd seen it all from Brett Favre...

Wow.

One play, one catch, one score, 6-1.

And it looks like they've finally found a #1 running back to boot, in Ryan Grant of all people.

CCSLC signature.png

Wow.

And it looks like they've finally found a #1 running back to boot, in Ryan Grant of all people.

I know that was absolutly amazing!!!

I crossed my fingers at the coin toss, they got it!!! Yeah! Then I settle in and think... There's a quarter left, don't need to press, just put together a decent drive and get at least to FG range....

And then it happens.....

WOW!!!! Favre--->Jennings :shocked: ---->TOUCHDOWN!!!! (dance)

packchampionslfroh.png

If the refs don't blow that holding call on Marshall, which was COMPLETE BS!! The Broncos win this one 16-13 and there is no overtime.

It's not often in the NFL you can actually blame a win or loss on one call, but in this case it's true. The Broncos got JOBBED!

I blame the extended layoff... :P

On that note, I didn't watch the game... I can't bring myself to care about the NFL this season, for some reason.

IUe6Hvh.png

If the refs don't blow that holding call on Marshall, which was COMPLETE BS!! The Broncos win this one 16-13 and there is no overtime.

It's not often in the NFL you can actually blame a win or loss on one call, but in this case it's true. The Broncos got JOBBED!

I blame the extended layoff... :P

On that note, I didn't watch the game... I can't bring myself to care about the NFL this season, for some reason.

Maybe it has something to do with New England? I dunno.

BTW, on that note about the Rockies, I don't blame anything except the Rockies themselves. If you go back and look at different situations in games 2, 3 & 4, they had a chance to win all three of those games but didn't come through when they needed to, end of story.

Wow.

I crossed my fingers at the coin toss, they got it!!! Yeah! Then I settle in and think... There's a quarter left, don't need to press, just put together a decent drive and get at least to FG range....

And then it happens.....

That's what happens when you rely on Dre' Bly to make a play.

EDIT-

On October 29, 2007, Brett Favre through a game winning touchdown pass in overtime on the first play to Greg Jennings, who had burned Bly after he talked up the lock down skills at the cornerback position that he and Champ Bailey possess. Bly was probably embarressed after that performance.

Owned.

Today, we are all otaku.

After yesterday's games, I was up 3.02 points on my fantasy football competition. The only guy he had going tonight was Donald Driver. In our league, you get one point for every 10 yards. Driver's output tonight? 28 yards, or 2.8 points. A nail-biter, but I'm pleased.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wow.

And then it happens.....

That's what happens when you rely on Dre' Bly to make a play.

EDIT-

On October 29, 2007, Brett Favre through a game winning touchdown pass in overtime on the first play to Greg Jennings, who had burned Bly after he talked up the lock down skills at the cornerback position that he and Champ Bailey possess. Bly was probably embarressed after that performance.

Owned.

I think Rams80 sums it up :)

EDIT: Damn that was fast for #4 fans to update the Wikipedia page haha!

packchampionslfroh.png

Actually...it isn't true. The Broncos could have gotten points when Cutler fumbled at the 1 yard line...and the Packers were stopped at the goalline twice and had to settle for field goals. That play was not the only deciding factor in the ball game...each team had their oppurtunities. Besides I recall some pretty blatant holds that weren't called when the broncos beat us in the superbowl. :P

brewerssig.jpg

I don't really care about either of these teams but good grief, could ESPN fawn over Favre any more often or more blatantly? That sappy piece just before the kickoff and then they just openly worship him through the game. ENOUGH ALREADY!!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't really care about either of these teams but good grief, could ESPN fawn over Favre any more often or more blatantly? That sappy piece just before the kickoff and then they just openly worship him through the game. ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Yeah, I was wondering if he announced his retirement before the game or something. I like Brett Favre, but they went overkill on the hero worship last night.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yeah, I was wondering if he announced his retirement before the game or something. I like Brett Favre, but they went overkill on the hero worship last night.

Last night? How about the last five years. It's games like last night that make me a little less annoyed at the ESPN-Red Sox-Yankees thing. Can my gears really be ground about the overcoverage of the AL East when I enjoy the same type of overcoverage for Brett Favre. I mean, seriously: Deanna Favre gets more ESPN face time than the Chicago Blackhawks. But, it's all about the Nielsens, baby, and Favre = Ratings.

Edit: By the way, I kinda called that bomb to Jennings. Not in the "watch, they're going deep right here" kinda way, but in the far less cool "you know, if this were Madden, I'd run a PA and send my #2 guy on a fly...try to catch them offguard" kinda way.

If the Broncos take care of business earlier in the game, then they don't put themselves in a situation where a questionable or bad call can possibly determine the outcome of a game. I blame the Broncos for putting themselves in that situation, so it is pretty much their own fault that they lost, not the refs.

You are starting to get into Patsox and Bostonfan territory in terms of annoyance, by the way.

The Lions are leading the NFL in takeaways(20), rather than turnovers this season, scoring 69 points off those takeaways. So much for arguably the worst D in the NFL coming into the season.

(dance)

I'm not expecting playoffs, but, man, this team is surprising the hell out of me. 10 wins might actually be possible.

Archived