Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

And today, on my first day of my semester, we bid adieu to the Big 10's streak at three consecutive unveilings. One thing, though: we have a four-way tie for the votes leader. Who to unveil? Let's see, after yesterday's horrible loss by "America's Team" (which went as far as actually giving me nightmares last night), I'm against unveiling teams with navy or royal blue in their scheme which, thankfully, removes 3/4 teams from the fold. Yay, decision made!!!

I give you the 33rd set:

MAINE BLACK BEARS!!!

maineblackbears.png

Ah, Maine. Home of seafood, beautiful autumns, and really big snowdrifts. Really, there isn't much going on here. I was going back and forth between cap-color ideas, but went with black because it gave a crisper look that, I felt, more coincided with the team name "Black Bears". I didn't want all black, though, because that would be boring.

As you can see, here, I added yet another "original" (to this project) element to a concept. Yes, the road uni is actually powder blue.

:woot:

Actually, the color balance (and the colors themselves) reminds me of what the Blue Jays should have done with their scheme. I decided against using the bear's head on the sleeve because of a slightly questionable shape on his tongue. Anyone else see what I'm getting at?

ADDED:

navy-sm.gif and lafa-sm.gif.

Remaining teams:

Austin Peay Governors

Baylor Bears

Colorado Buffaloes

Fresno State Bulldogs

Kansas Jayhawks

Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (ADDED)

Navy Midshipmen (ADDED)

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Pittsburgh Panthers

Samford Bulldogs

Voting ends again Wednesday...

CURRENT POLLS:

ULTIMATE NCAA PROJECT POLLS:

1t) Fresno State - 3

1t) Kansas - 3

1t) Pittsburgh - 3

4) Austin Peay - 2

5t) Baylor - 1

5t) Nebraska - 1

The three ideas I want to throw out there are...

OKLAHOMA STATE, PITTSBURGH, AND KANSAS

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, well, well. It seems we have a three-way tie for the next unveiling between Iowa State, Wyoming, and Tulane. Wait a second, it seems some votes came after the Friday deadline, so...

Time for the 10th set:

IOWA STATE CYCLONES!!!

iowastatecyclones.gif

This is by far the most innovative design so far. I wanted a progressive design to go with the style of the logos. I think the key to "futuristic" designs is to add elements that nobody's thought of, but keep within the parameters of the traditional baseball uni (script on front, sleeve logo, etc.).

No teams added this time, but I may try some new sets based on requests.

Remaining teams:

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Cal-Los Angeles ("UCLA") Bruins

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Oklahoma Sooners

Pittsburgh Panthers

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Vanderbilt Commodores

Wyoming Cowboys

Xavier Musketeers

Voting ends again Monday. Here's how the voting looks right now...

1t) Tulane - 4

1t) Wyoming - 4

3t) Florida - 2

3t) Fordham - 2

3t) North Texas - 2

3t) Vanderbilt - 2

7t) Boise State - 1

7t) Duke - 1

7t) Nebraska - 1

Keep voting!

ISU doesnt even have a team. Go Nebraska!

And today, on my first day of my semester, we bid adieu to the Big 10's streak at three consecutive unveilings. One thing, though: we have a four-way tie for the votes leader. Who to unveil? Let's see, after yesterday's horrible loss by "America's Team" (which went as far as actually giving me nightmares last night), I'm against unveiling teams with navy or royal blue in their scheme which, thankfully, removes 3/4 teams from the fold. Yay, decision made!!!

Looks like you designed Maine based on the logo.

Hate to break it to you, but Maine's official athletic colors are navy and light blue. Black, silver and red appear in the logo, but nowhere else.

Maine also already has a light blue (not powder blue) uniform.

965711.jpeg

And you left out the signature script.

Sorry, Vic, but I think you should have put a little more research into this one first.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hate to break it to you, but Maine's official athletic colors are navy and light blue. Black, silver and red appear in the logo, but nowhere else.

965711.jpeg

Sorry, Vic, but I think you should have put a little more research into this one first.

Maybe he means "scheme" as in "redesigned scheme?"

However, I do think these could be far better. All you have is the block wordmark on the jerseys and hats, and it seems like these are just kind of... blah.

965711.jpeg

yaaaaaaa, i wasn't gunna say anything.

Yessir, Mr. ZacMan, sir. I woulda updated yesterday, but my flight back from Mexico was late and I was unfocused. :P Well, well, another three-way tie. What to choose...

I give you the 34th set:

KANSAS JAYHAWKS!!!

kansasjayhawks.png

We have another traditional uniform. Actually, I don't have too much to say about this one. All I know is that I think it rocks [and chalks]. :lol: What do you guys think?

ADDED: Nothing this time.

Remaining teams:

Austin Peay Governors

Baylor Bears

Colorado Buffaloes

Fresno State Bulldogs

Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns

Navy Midshipmen

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Pittsburgh Panthers

Samford Bulldogs

Voting ends again Wednesday...

CURRENT POLLS:

1t) Fresno State - 4

1t) Pittsburgh - 4

3) Austin Peay - 2

4t) Baylor - 1

4t) Nebraska - 1

The three ideas I want to throw out there are...

OKLAHOMA STATE, PITTSBURGH, AND LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Kansas is extremely nice...vote is for Pittsburgh

Uniform Set Top 10

1. UMKC

2. Richmond

3. Arizona State

4. Michigan State

5. Florida State

6. Ohio State

7. Fordham

8. Kansas

9. Wisconsin

10. TCU

Single Jersey Top 5

1. Florida Throwback Alternate

2. Richmond Alternate

3. UMKC Home

4. Arizona State Alternate

5. Michigan State Home

brewerssig.jpg

I really like the kansas alt. i wish there wasn't trajan but the old circus-y type font, but that's the school's new decision... so...

anyway, I vote for OK State

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived