Blue and orange

StoneRaizer

if this is about under appreciated color schemes, i've always loved green/gold and brown/gold, and you hardly ever seen either of those.

especially brown and gold. and i don't mean athletic gold either... brown and metallic gold/tan looks amazing on a uniform.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if this is about under appreciated color schemes, i've always loved green/gold and brown/gold, and you hardly ever seen either of those.

especially brown and gold. and i don't mean athletic gold either... brown and metallic gold/tan looks amazing on a uniform.

My high school uses brown and metallic gold, as did the marching band. The football team looked great, but sports like baseball tended to half-ass it and go with the athletic gold.

But, I have always liked blue and orange, but seeing as how those are the colors of my alma mater's archrival (Pepperdine), I can't admit to liking it.

VmWIn6B.png

Blue and orange, to me, make a great color combo. Designers just have to use the correct kind of those two colors and they'll work fine, and from the looks of just about every example posted in this thread, blue and orange work great.

to whomever mentioned royal and green teams: the t-wolves used to do that combo very well.

as far as blue-orange, i happen to like it as well, but sometimes accent colors can really help it out. i like the way my Lewiston Maineiacs do it, using black, silver, and blue, but orange in both logos. uses the orange very minimally but you still see it a lot.

Blue and orange is a great combo. Some of the best jerseys in college and the pros are blue and orange.

Auburn's uniforms are absolutely beautiful, the Bears of course, the florida gators, Illini. They've been mentioned all through this thread. Great color mix.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've always loved navy and orange, maybe it's just cause I like Syracuse and the Mets, but oh well :D

As for other color combos I love that are hardly used...

Green/gold

football.jpg

Brown/gold (first team that came to mind)

26375791.jpg

Black/white (no trim, just straight black and white baby)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

IMO there is a MAJOR difference between Royal & Orange and Navy & Orange. When I watched the Florida vs Auburn game it actually took me until halftime to make the connection that they were both Blue and Orange.

Hey, they gives me a thought on a way to highjack this thread.

Who can come up with two teams that play the same sport and wear the same colors, but look the most different? Can somebody top Auburn / Florida?

IMO there is a MAJOR difference between Royal & Orange and Navy & Orange. When I watched the Florida vs Auburn game it actually took me until halftime to make the connection that they were both Blue and Orange.

Hey, they gives me a thought on a way to highjack this thread.

Who can come up with two teams that play the same sport and wear the same colors, but look the most different? Can somebody top Auburn / Florida?

I totally agree with this statement, and my biggest proof is the Denver Broncos. I LOVE the old orange jersyes with royal blue... the alt Orange jerseys they have now with navy, I HATE. The new set has to have the navy as the main color jersey, or it just looks bad.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Blue and orange is a great combo. Some of the best jerseys in college and the pros are blue and orange.

Auburn's uniforms are absolutely beautiful, the Bears of course, the florida gators, Illini. They've been mentioned all through this thread. Great color mix.

All these beautiful blue and orange NCAA football uniforms make me want to start watching college pigskin. Virginia, Auburn, Florida... were Illinois' posted in here?

Best picture in the thread has to be the one of the old Oilers vs. the Canadiens, two of hockeys greatest jerseys ever created in the same picture... droooool.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Archived