• Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, why go elsewhere for pics:

cleveland_indians_new.jpg

Also, what's up with Kim Crow?

Sunday, November 18, 2007

PDQ Editor

Kim Crow

Isn?t this curious timing? Just weeks after PDQ asked readers to redesign the Cleveland Indians uniform, the Tribe front office unveils a new look for its alternate home jersey.

Oh, Kurt Schloss, director of merchandising for the Indians, will tell you that the team started planning for this new look way back in April, at the behest of General Manager Mark Shapiro. Perhaps it is just a coincidence, but PDQ knows the power and influence its readers wield.

Is Kim really this stupid to think that it takes just "weeks" to come up with a make-over of a MLB uniform? Or, is he/she just that egomaniacal? I find the first two paragraphs of this story quite unbelievable...

Moose

I think its more silly than anything else. The section of the paper this appeared in is a light hearted, fun part. Im sure it was purely in jest.

I like this a lot. Although I wish they would go to a "mostly-red" look, almost like the '90s era unis, that might've been a little too much red tho haha. I wonder what the pants will look like, because it always bothered me that the recent unis didnt have any red on them at all. Lovin the throwback too. SO glad they got rid of the vests.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love the block letter 'c' hat so much that I wish they'd wear it full time. Its just a classic baseball look.

The Chief Wahoo hat is just awful. I never liked it, and it never seemed to work well with any of the uniforms. I'd be glad to see it go. It also doesn't help that many people find it extremely offensive.

Well, these are pretty nice, they could have picked a worse set for sure. I don't think these will be mistaken for "new" jerseys at all, as they are pretty throwback lookin. (which obviously they are, I know). Still would have been nice if they trotted out there lookin like Cerrano, Mays Hays, Dorn and Vaughn. :D

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Actually, the biggest problem was the drop shadow on the names. Not the fact that it was there, but the fact that it was only on the names. Any word on that?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Actually, the biggest problem was the drop shadow on the names. Not the fact that it was there, but the fact that it was only on the names. Any word on that?

You nailed that one. I hated that too.

The new ones have the same style as the numbers (for once) - Red numbers/letters with White, then Navy trim.

Looks MUCH more consistent.

Oh - and NO names on the backs of the throwbacks.

I love the block letter 'c' hat so much that I wish they'd wear it full time. Its just a classic baseball look.

The Chief Wahoo hat is just awful. I never liked it, and it never seemed to work well with any of the uniforms. I'd be glad to see it go. It also doesn't help that many people find it extremely offensive.

I like the block "C" as well. If the player like it and the hat sells well, it could be made into the home or game hat. It is definitely part of the leagues retro movement (Brewers, Indians, Phillies, Royals powder blues, Blue Jays).

I like the new unis for Sunday's and special games, especially the "C" hat. And that they got rid of the silver.

What I don't like is the "I" hat...come on Shapirio this is " C-Town" not " I-Town"

And if the Browns ever get a logo it should be a "C" as well.

I know, I know. Don't start that up again... :banned:

PANTONE: Is the Piping still "Gray" to match the road pants? Or indeed silver? ..assuming the piping is still the gray tone. Thanks!

I would prefer a hat with the "C" as well. The "I" is too unidentifiable as a stand alone. Is it an "I" or a "J" or a "Fish Hook"? A few years ago there was a "fashion" hat that used the road jersey "C". It looked great.

Sort of Like this, W/O Chief Wahoo:

C Hat

Well thats never going to happen. Chief Wahoo is a Cleveland classic. He is beloved in this town and he will never, ever go away. He looks great on a baseball cap and great on the sleeve of a baseball jersey.

I do like the classic new "C" look, but to wish for the Chief to go away is just wasting you time.

Archived