Houston Texans secondary logo

swisherHOU

I saw this logo too on some merchandise when I was in Houston in the summer, but I kinda figured, like you, that it was bootleg and someone just did a good job of making Texans stuff without using official Texans logos.

But I like it. Whoever's making logos for the Texans is going off.

I totally understand what they were trying to here, but it really is not working. This just hinders their already great identity.

Exactly.

Its a nice idea, just not one that ended up working well.

Just because they created this logo, doesn't mean they should have released it. Its sub-par at best.

I totally understand what they were trying to here, but it really is not working. This just hinders their already great identity.

Exactly.

Its a nice idea, just not one that ended up working well.

Just because they created this logo, doesn't mean they should have released it. Its sub-par at best.

Well, they barely use it. I'm a huge Texans fan and obviously I pay close attention to sports logos and I had no idea it was an official logo.

Really? I don't get what is behind this design. The elements look forced. What am I missing?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

H. For Houston

T. For Texans

Texas silouhette. Nickname is Texans

Star. Pinpoints the location of Houston in the Texas silouhette.

Looks nice, and the elements fit. Simple is often best.

I dig it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

H. For Houston

T. For Texans

Texas silouhette. Nickname is Texans

Star. Pinpoints the location of Houston in the Texas silouhette.

Looks nice, and the elements fit. Simple is often best.

I dig it.

Yeah, right...so what's going on with the t overlapping the h? Is the red dot formed supposed to mean something, or is this just poor design?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Why? They have one of the all time greatest pieces of athletic artwork on their helmets. Why dilute the image with this garbage?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I likes. Though I don't necessarily think the 'T' was needed to be added. Simply the 'H' and 'Texas' would be enough, because, as is, it's seems a little too elongated. But it's still nice.

I totally agree, I think it would look better without the T.

Without the T:

TexansAlternate.jpg

Without the T:

TexansAlternate.jpg

I agree - it looks way better without that shoved-in T. However, even there's a notable difference, I think it might be cutting it a bit too close to those "other" Houston Texans:

5817.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I likes. Though I don't necessarily think the 'T' was needed to be added. Simply the 'H' and 'Texas' would be enough, because, as is, it's seems a little too elongated. But it's still nice.

Without the T:

TexansAlternate.jpg

This is much better.

shysters_sm.jpg

Without the T:

TexansAlternate.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking. Though the state should be navy with a white star on both navy and white.

Archived