who thinks the Vikings get crazy tonight....

In 5..4..3..2..1

See, here is what they need to do to make this a halfway-watchable uniform:

petersons.jpg

It takes a little of the purple-overload away, and looks a little sleeker too.

Striped socks suck. You think maybe that's why they are hardly worn by anyone at any level of football today?

Maybe some of you will figure that out sometime.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I'm home and can watch the highlights on Sportscenter, I echo what a lot of you have said: It's not half bad. But i wouldn't want to see it that often. I've said many times here that I'm slowly coming around to liking the new Vikings jerseys. I was worried an all purple look would turn me back the other way. But I'm surprised I didn't hate these. So that's something.

They dont look half bad....And im a lifelong vikings fan.

Are you under the age of 80? :D How dare you admit that it didn't look so bad. All monochromes are evil.

They aren't "traditional" or "by the book" looking for some. :P

Now if only the Vikes could liven up their play-calling. Talk about having no creativity.

petersons.jpg

Striped socks suck. You think maybe that's why they are hardly worn by anyone at any level of football today?

I've never seen someone dedicate so many posts to socks before. ^_^

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

petersons.jpg

Well let's see, high school and college teams have really never worn striped socks to any great extent, so really let's keep this to the pros. And you've already asserted your strong hatred and condescending attitudes in the Redskins thread, and frankly I'm growing tired of it. I don't think you have much to offer this board. Thanks for the feedback though, really.

We all know you hate striped socks. Please stop saying it every chance you get. Maybe you could try actually contributing an interesting idea instead of whining all the time.

petersons.jpg

No they don't suck.

People aren't going to agree with you in life, and that doesn't make them less valuable than you.

Ironically, judging by your attitude in your posts it probably makes them MORE valuable.

nice mock up Chaz, that looks good. I'd still rather see the old school uni's we wore for the 94 throw back game (aka pre 68) but this works.

The all purple look didn't look nearly as bad as i thought, and was shocked nobody on MNF called attention to it.

Norm Van Brocklin must be spinning in his grave right now (assuming he wasn't cremated, of course)...he was the Vikings coach in that 1964 Uniform Snafu game and was responsible for the Vikes ditching the purple pants after the 1964 season.

I wonder if the players from the 1964 Vikings will get together and pop open some champagne now that the all-purple has been brought back, kind of like how the 1972 Dolphins supposedly guzzle champagne every year when the last undefeated team finally loses.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Norm Van Brocklin must be spinning in his grave right now (assuming he wasn't cremated, of course)...he was the Vikings coach in that 1964 Uniform Snafu game and was responsible for the Vikes ditching the purple pants after the 1964 season.

I wonder if the players from the 1964 Vikings will get together and pop open some champagne now that the all-purple has been brought back, kind of like how the 1972 Dolphins supposedly guzzle champagne every year when the last undefeated team finally loses.

Same thing will probably happen this year, even if the Patriots don't lose, they'll just sit on their high horse and say cheaters this, cheaters that.

People aren't going to agree with you in life, and that doesn't make them less valuable than you.

Ironically, judging by your attitude in your posts it probably makes them MORE valuable.

Good point.

Everybody has an opinion, but not all opinions carry equal weight. Serial whingers often find themselves ignored....

petersons.jpg

Fill in that purple square at the top of the pants with white and it will look good.

I have a question, why do striped socks suck? Do you think all NHL teams should ditch their striped socks, it's the same thing?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Purple helmet, purple jersey, purple pants. Is there anything better?

I wonder why purple isn't a problem in Minnesota as it was in Arizona to make them change into Sedona Red.

Because it isn't paired with teal and black, and they don't have 392 different uni combinations.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Purple helmet, purple jersey, purple pants. Is there anything better?

I wonder why purple isn't a problem in Minnesota as it was in Arizona to make them change into Sedona Red.

Because it isn't paired with teal and black, and they don't have 392 different uni combinations.

I think one of the excuses Arizona gave for ditching purple was that it was difficult to get fabrics to match the shade of purple they wanted. It doesn't seem to be a problem in Minnesota.

I think one of the excuses Arizona gave for ditching purple was that it was difficult to get fabrics to match the shade of purple they wanted. It doesn't seem to be a problem in Minnesota.

That's true, and it is due to Reebok. Reebok used a custom/proprietary fabric for that Purple (the L.A. Lakers use it too), and from what I assume, Majestic couldn't get the colors matched up.

I'm in the minority here, but I miss the D-Backs old colors.

:cry:

That's true, and it is due to Reebok. Reebok used a custom/proprietary fabric for that Purple (the L.A. Lakers use it too), and from what I assume, Majestic couldn't get the colors matched up.

I'm in the minority here, but I miss the D-Backs old colors.

:cry:

I missed them too!

Wow, don't we all love being told over and over again that striped sox are "out"? "Out"? Isn't that what a 12 year old girl says to describe her outfit? Nothing is "out"... they're just trends. And the ugly solid-sock-with-solid pants trend will pass. Remember the late 70's/early 80's in baseball. I'm sure their were lots of people telling the Yankees and Dodgers that belts, buttons, and gray roads were "out". By the 90's, everyone had dumped their ugly "in" pull-overs and road blues for a more traditional look. The same will happen in football. (Although I would love to see the Astros to bring back the rainbow bellies!!! Call me crazy... but I would add buttons and a belt to them... tradition MIXED with inovation rules!)

That mock up of AD with the striped sox against the purple pants (though I'd keep the black shoes) is just SO much better its hard to see how anyone wouldn't think so. Hard to believe a Bear fan came up with it. :D

And Bear fans giving us crap about OUR quarterback situation??? Now THAT is really hard to take. :P

Archived