Bobby Fischer has died

Joshawaggie

Checkmate, bitch.

Good riddance. He can spend the rest of eternity in endless stalemates with Hitler. The world is a better place without that bastard.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Hours after the September 11, 2001, attacks Fischer was interviewed live[48] by Pablo Mercado on the Baguio City station of the Bombo Radyo network, shortly after midnight September 12, 2001 Philippines local time (or shortly after noon on September 11, 2001, New York time). Fischer commented on U.S and Israeli foreign policy that "nobody cares ... [that] the US and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians for years".[49] [50] Informed that "the White House and Pentagon have been attacked", he proclaimed "This is all wonderful news."[49][50] Fischer stated "What goes around comes around even for the United States"[49][50] and said that if the U.S. fails to change its foreign policy, it "has to be destroyed." After calling for President Bush's death, Fischer also stated he hoped that a Seven Days in May-type military coup d' etat would take over power in the U.S. and then execute "hundreds of thousands of American Jewish leaders", "arrest all the Jews" and "close all synagogues".

I never knew what he did but before today, but it's true as to how we don't need to hear that kind of crap. R.I.P. (Rot In Pieces)

Good chess player and a less of a good person.

Adios Bobby.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyone see "Searching for Bobby Fisher"? It was a good movie.

Yeah it was, although I didn't quite care for the father in the movie.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hours after the September 11, 2001, attacks Fischer was interviewed live[48] by Pablo Mercado on the Baguio City station of the Bombo Radyo network, shortly after midnight September 12, 2001 Philippines local time (or shortly after noon on September 11, 2001, New York time). Fischer commented on U.S and Israeli foreign policy that "nobody cares ... [that] the US and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians for years".[49] [50] Informed that "the White House and Pentagon have been attacked", he proclaimed "This is all wonderful news."[49][50] Fischer stated "What goes around comes around even for the United States"[49][50] and said that if the U.S. fails to change its foreign policy, it "has to be destroyed." After calling for President Bush's death, Fischer also stated he hoped that a Seven Days in May-type military coup d' etat would take over power in the U.S. and then execute "hundreds of thousands of American Jewish leaders", "arrest all the Jews" and "close all synagogues".

I never knew what he did but before today, but it's true as to how we don't need to hear that kind of crap. R.I.P. (Rot In Pieces)

So the bolded part isn't true?

So the bolded part isn't true?

it's true.

he said it on a radio interview if i'm not mistaken

He's been irrelevant for many years now anyways. I think he went AWOL and wacko after what happened in the 1990s when he decided to play a match in Yugoslavia? Oddly, he was lauded as the great American who went against a Commie opponent during the Cold War and in the end turn around against the US. I don't know if he really meant that or he was just very angry.

Just curious ... had Fisher said those kinds of comments about other religions, say Hindus, Christians, Muslims etc. would any of you feel the same way?

I saw, I came, I left.

He was a sick man, I'm not sure anything he said made any sense and could be used against him. Like many geniuses and he was a genius he became imprisoned by the thoughts in his own head.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived