2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

The Nationals have 6 wins.

Half of them have come against the Braves. I'll be happy when the Braves don't play the Nationals for a long time after the end of the month, because for them to be that bad, they seem to have our number. Especially Willie Harris. :/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Nationals have 6 wins.

Half of them have come against the Braves. I'll be happy when the Braves don't play the Nationals for a long time after the end of the month, because for them to be that bad, they seem to have our number. Especially Willie Harris. :/

Looking at a standard Sunday-Saturday calendar, the Braves will have played the Nationals in 5 straight weeks.....

Yea, Borowski is (well, was) pitching terrible. The only reason they got swept by the Sox was because of his terrible pitching.

I can see why Eric Wedge is giving him chances (AL leader in saves last year), but do it when we're up by like 20 points. :P

This is baseball son. We score runs not points. :D Otherwise, I agree.

BB52Big.jpg

For those still awake, the Rockies and Padres are in the bottom of the 20th inning, with the score tied at 1. Both teams scored their lone run in the 14th inning......

The final was 2-1 Colorado in 22 innings.

Did Matt Holliday score on a phantom touch of home on a sac fly?

If we're drudging that up again, he could have touched the plate at any time. Barrett dropped the ball. The ump called it late because Holliday was out if Barrett held on and the ump waited for it to unfold before making it official. He probably touched the plate later. I blame Barrett for not doing a better sell-job.

For those still awake, the Rockies and Padres are in the bottom of the 20th inning, with the score tied at 1. Both teams scored their lone run in the 14th inning......

The final was 2-1 Colorado in 22 innings.

Did Matt Holliday score on a phantom touch of home on a sac fly?

If we're drudging that up again, he could have touched the plate at any time. Barrett dropped the ball. The ump called it late because Holliday was out if Barrett held on and the ump waited for it to unfold before making it official. He probably touched the plate later. I blame Barrett for not doing a better sell-job.

I say he delayed the call because, well, have you ever watched a game in which Tim McCLelland has been an umpire before? He takes that long to make any call. I hate watching games where he's behind the plate for that reason.

IUe6Hvh.png

In case I can't do this tomorrow, . . .
Well a tie still counts. That makes tomorrow's game at Camden Yards a first place showdown (and I will be there, three rows behind the Orioles dugout).
1/2 game up on the Yankees as the day dawns, so this may be my last chance to quote myself (but hopefully not).
Please pardon me while I quote myself.
Posting this while I still can --

Baltimore Orioles -- First Place, Baby!!!!!!111111ELEVEN

The dream is over for the Orioles... it was a helluva run, leopard

It may only last 6 hours, but the O's are now tied for first (with a better win%) with a big 5-1 win against the White Sox and an impressive showing from Burres.

saBS.png

Well a tie still counts. That makes tomorrow's game at Camden Yards a first place showdown (and I will be there, three rows behind the Orioles dugout).
1/2 game up on the Yankees as the day dawns, so this may be my last chance to quote myself (but hopefully not).

It may only last 6 hours, but the O's are now tied for first (with a better win%) with a big 5-1 win against the White Sox and an impressive showing from Burres.

Damn, you beat me to it. Great minds think alike, right?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Damn, you beat me to it. Great minds think alike, right?

It's the next morning and . . . STILL THERE!!! Woohoo!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Rays are 13-11, a game out of first and have taken the first two against Boston. :blink:

... and now they're in a 3-way tie for first after sweeping the Red Sox. :oops:

My boys are on a 6 game losing streak (against the Rays and Royals?) and are hitting below .120 with runners in scoring position since April 16th.

and ... now they're on a one-game winning streak...

I saw, I came, I left.

The Rays are 13-11, a game out of first and have taken the first two against Boston. :blink:

... and now they're in a 3-way tie for first after sweeping the Red Sox. :oops:

A sweep couldn't have happened to a nicer team. Hope all those Red Sox fans at Tropicana Field enjoyed watching their team lose three straight. Shields out pitches Beckett? :blink:

This is going to be a fun season. Here's hoping for a Rays/Marlins World Series.

BB52Big.jpg

Nice little series for the A's against Seattle taking 2 out of 3. Now an early season showdown with the Halos down south. As for my Giants well getting thumped by Baker's Boys 10-1 wasn't fun. All is lost with Zito (0-6) :puke:. The Giants are going to pay for this for a long time. Well as least they got Lincecum.

A sweep couldn't have happened to a nicer team. Hope all those Red Sox fans at Tropicana Field enjoyed watching their team lose three straight. Shields out pitches Beckett? :blink:

Nothing warms my heart more than a young, hungry team shutting up transplant/bandwagon fans of the opposing team at their home stadium. It's the most beautiful thing in sports.

Archived