2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Joe Borowski comes through again. He just gave up the lead against the Red Sox. Why that rag armed stiff is taking up space on a major league roster is beyond me.

Go Sox!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well a tie still counts. That makes tomorrow's game at Camden Yards a first place showdown (and I will be there, three rows behind the Orioles dugout).
1/2 game up on the Yankees as the day dawns, so this may be my last chance to quote myself (but hopefully not).
Please pardon me while I quote myself.
Posting this while I still can --

Baltimore Orioles -- First Place, Baby!!!!!!111111ELEVEN

And if Rios played the whole game everything would be different :(

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Joe Borowski comes through again. He just gave up the lead against the Red Sox. Why that rag armed stiff is taking up space on a major league roster is beyond me.

Go Sox!

Big deal. We could take the best 9 baseball players on this board and score three off Borowski. :P

BB52Big.jpg

Go Sox!

Big deal. We could take the best 9 baseball players on this board and score three off Borowski. :P

Worst part is, Wedge will keep on giving him "votes of confidence" until it gets so bad, you could take the 9 worst and score 7. If he is still alive by then. :P

Well a tie still counts. That makes tomorrow's game at Camden Yards a first place showdown (and I will be there, three rows behind the Orioles dugout).
1/2 game up on the Yankees as the day dawns, so this may be my last chance to quote myself (but hopefully not).

And if Rios played the whole game everything would be different :(

As HOF broadcaster Chuck Thompson, use to say, "If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts, what a fine Christmas it would be."

You can I understand why I liked it better when he would say, "Ain't the beer cold!" and "Go to war, Miss Agnes" (though that one was pretty much before my time). No, I'm not making any of this up.

Baltimore Sun -- Chuck Thompson

511FD01VSRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Anyway, first place remains secure for at least another day.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

In case I can't do this tomorrow, . . .

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Worst part is, Wedge will keep on giving him "votes of confidence" until it gets so bad, you could take the 9 worst and score 7. If he is still alive by then. :P

Ain't that the truth. Borowski's on the 15 day DL right now so at least he can't hurt the Indians for a couple weeks. Of course Borowski's so bad all you need to do is mention his name and two runs end up on the board. I'd be happy to go out and get knocked around the park for half of what The Tribe is paying him to do it. I couldn't be any worse.

BB52Big.jpg

Ain't that the truth. Borowski's on the 15 day DL right now so at least he can't hurt the Indians for a couple weeks. Of course Borowski's so bad all you need to do is mention his name and two runs end up on the board. I'd be happy to go out and get knocked around the park for half of what The Tribe is paying him to do it. I couldn't be any worse.

I think the real issue is that the rest of Cleveland's pen, Betancourt aside, isn't much better than Borowski. Though, I will ask, why hasn't Betancourt been closing all along? He's, by far, the best option.

Their pen, by the way, struggled again tonight against the Sox, who, by the way, restore order atop the AL East.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think the real issue is that the rest of Cleveland's pen, Betancourt aside, isn't much better than Borowski. Though, I will ask, why hasn't Betancourt been closing all along? He's, by far, the best option.

Their pen, by the way, struggled again tonight against the Sox, who, by the way, restore order atop the AL East.

Because that team wins despite it's manager not because of him. I just think you could bring up a kid from AAA who could be at least as effective as Borowski.

I think The Indians are very similar to the Tigers. If everything goes their way they can be very tough but if just a couple things don't, it's going to be a very long season. Like the Tigers, The Indians are placing a lot of their hopes on some players repeating the career years they had last season.

BB52Big.jpg

In case I can't do this tomorrow, . . .

The dream is over for the Orioles... it was a helluva run, leopard

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

At least for the moment...the Cardinals are tied with Arizona for the best record in the bigs!

Didn't think I'd be saying that even 1 game into the season this year...

I had that feeling, both teams are very good, both are young and I have a feeling these 2 teams will be in the running for years, or at least until the young players get big fat contracts from the AL East.

Also Tigers are 4.5 games back with 14 games in, guess what they're still in it

For those still awake, the Rockies and Padres are in the bottom of the 20th inning, with the score tied at 1. Both teams scored their lone run in the 14th inning......

The final was 2-1 Colorado in 22 innings.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

For those still awake, the Rockies and Padres are in the bottom of the 20th inning, with the score tied at 1. Both teams scored their lone run in the 14th inning......

Did Matt Holliday score on a phantom touch of home on a sac fly?

No. Willy Taveras scored on a Troy Tulowitzki 2 out double.

Did the Garrett Atkins hit a ball in the bottom of the seventh that was clearly a HR but was ruled a double by the umpires, costing them a run in the game that would eventually go to extra innings?

Why do people remember the call that went the Rockies way but not the run that the Rockies were screwed out of earlier in the game?

Oh well... on another note, The Red Sox are starting to look real good... Beckett's pulled from tonights game because of a sore neck, so pitching in his place will be David Pauley, whom I went to High School with. And another interesting note is that the Red Sox are short a catcher since Varitek is under the weather, so Dustin Pedroia's offered to play catcher should they need him. I love that guy.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yea, Borowski is (well, was) pitching terrible. The only reason they got swept by the Sox was because of his terrible pitching.

I can see why Eric Wedge is giving him chances (AL leader in saves last year), but do it when we're up by like 20 points. :P

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Oh yeah... you've all probably heard that Hank Steinbrenner wants Joba Chamberlain to start. Looks like he's not going to get his way but if he does, the Yankees can basically kiss this season goodbye -- the time Joba would have to spend in Triple A would be a real tough stretch for the Yankees. Aside from that, it's not terribly difficult to "ruin" a pitcher... handling a switch from the bullpen to the starting rotation the wrong way is a very good way to do it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived