2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

The Rays are in first place in the AL East.

. . . meaning yet another early-season first place showdown at Camden Yards tonight. Who'd a thunk it.

Let's Go O's!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A sweep couldn't have happened to a nicer team. Hope all those Red Sox fans at Tropicana Field enjoyed watching their team lose three straight. Shields out pitches Beckett? :blink:

Nothing warms my heart more than a young, hungry team shutting up transplant/bandwagon fans of the opposing team at their home stadium. It's the most beautiful thing in sports.

No, it's not, I would have to argue that that would be the downright beautiful swing of Mr. Ken Griffey Junior. Nothing can top that. (Except maybe the sight of him with the signature backwards cap)

You really should change your screen name to Rube.

At least I'm open about my mancrushes. And this one is from 1997.

As I was saying...

BB52Big.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
hmmm... the Marlins are STILL in first... and they signed Hanley Ramirez to a six-year, $70 million contract.

Looks like that stadium deal is paying dividends already. I can't remember the last time the Marlins signed a long-term, big-money deal.....

hmmm... the Marlins are STILL in first... and they signed Hanley Ramirez to a six-year, $70 million contract.

And Fidel Castro is no longer running Cuba.

Record lows reported in Hell today.

How about today? Marlins AND Rays in first... all Florida World Series? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Someone please help with this. ESPN is driving me crazy. As I was getting ready for school, they said on BOTH "Mike and Mike in the Morning" and "SportsCenter" that something happened yesterday for the first time in the history of baseball. The next twenty minutes of each was filled with "Spygate" nonsense, and I had to leave before they finally told what it was. Does ANYONE know what happened for the first time in the history of baseball?

Many thanks if someone can nail it.

Someone please help with this. ESPN is driving me crazy. As I was getting ready for school, they said on BOTH "Mike and Mike in the Morning" and "SportsCenter" that something happened yesterday for the first time in the history of baseball. The next twenty minutes of each was filled with "Spygate" nonsense, and I had to leave before they finally told what it was. Does ANYONE know what happened for the first time in the history of baseball?

Many thanks if someone can nail it.

It may have been that both Florida teams (Rays and Marlins) were in 1st place at the same time for the first time ever. They mentioned it but that may not be what you are thinking of though.

saBS.png

Where on earth might I be able to find a total of how many runners each team has stranded on base this season, otherwise referred to as "Team LOB". I'm confident my Cardinals lead the pack, but I want to know by how much & I'm coming up empty, lol.

That was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen on live TV. I cannot undermine how much I love Manny and how much I have loved Manny over the last 7 years. :D

Have you seen the play where he dove to cut off a Johnny Damon throw, from 10 feet away? Manny moment #1 in history! :D

here it is: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/awards/y2004/tyib/t...rds_blooper.jsp

I like when Manny called himself a "bad man"...

"It feels great, man. It?s been a long time I don?t do something special like that. But I haven?t been right all year long. But when you don?t feel good and you still get hits, that?s when you know you are a bad man."

Speaking of Manny and the Red Sox... they've been such a streaky team all year long. Win 6, then lose 4 or 5 in a row. It's especially frustrating because they're blowing leads against teams they shouldn't have a problem with. They need to move Lugo, which seems more and more likely, and potentially Coco for some middle relief help. Lowrie's shown he's ready for the big leagues and would probably be a better contributor (certainly less negative contributions -- errors) than Lugo.

IUe6Hvh.png

Speaking of Manny and the Red Sox... they've been such a streaky team all year long. Win 6, then lose 4 or 5 in a row. It's especially frustrating because they're blowing leads against teams they shouldn't have a problem with.

Them and everybody else.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

So who has the best rotation in baseball?

I've got to go with the Indians in the AL and the DBacks in the NL.

I've gotta agree. Those 2 have scary rotations. No wonder they're both near or at the top of their respective leagues.

I've gotta agree. Those 2 have scary rotations. No wonder they're both near or at the top of their respective leagues.

Jake Westbrook will be better when he gets back off the DL (well at least I hope so because he's on my fantasy team).

Onto another subject, the minors. What do you think of your team's farm system?

Well "my team," the Reds, has a pretty good one. Top Prospect Jay Bruce is hitting .366 with five triples, seven stolen bases and eight homers. The only knock is he's struck out 34 times and walked only 11 (although he hasn't struck out in the past four games). Another highlight is Daryl Thompson, who was seemingly thrown into the Reds-Nats deal two years ago (Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez, Ryan Wagner to Washington for Royce Clayton, Brendan Harris, Gary Majewski, Bill Bray, and Thompson), could be the best part of the deal. He's only 22 and in AA. He's 2-1 with a 1.28 ERA in eight starts. In his five no decisions, he left the game with the lead and fell victim to five blown saves.

What's your farm system like?

Jake Westbrook will be better when he gets back off the DL (well at least I hope so because he's on my fantasy team).

Well "my team," the Reds, has a pretty good one. Top Prospect Jay Bruce is hitting .366 with five triples, seven stolen bases and eight homers. The only knock is he's struck out 34 times and walked only 11 (although he hasn't struck out in the past four games). Another highlight is Daryl Thompson, who was seemingly thrown into the Reds-Nats deal two years ago (Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez, Ryan Wagner to Washington for Royce Clayton, Brendan Harris, Gary Majewski, Bill Bray, and Thompson), could be the best part of the deal. He's only 22 and in AA. He's 2-1 with a 1.28 ERA in eight starts. In his five no decisions, he left the game with the lead and fell victim to five blown saves.

The Braves have historically have a great farm system but it's been lagging as of late (the Texiera trade hurt). The only other team I really follow (The Rays) have been improving steadily since swapping over from the Expos.

Others I can think of off the top of my head of having strong farm systems are the D-Backs and Royals.

The Braves have historically have a great farm system but it's been lagging as of late (the Texiera trade hurt). The only other team I really follow (The Rays) have been improving steadily since swapping over from the Expos.

Others I can think of off the top of my head of having strong farm systems are the D-Backs and Royals.

That's the one thing that I've loved about the Braves. If someone gets called up from the minors, he's not up there for emergency causes only. And even if it's in case of emergency, the guy is ready. Great example is a guy that they just called up, Greg Norton. He's come in and fit like a glove thus far. The Braves have had a pretty long history of that happening (too bad the pitching has declined a little bit.)

Archived