Texans starting to use alt "HT" logo a little more..

mmejia

It's now on their official website:

Texans Official Site

I'm a season ticket holder and they started using the alt logo towards the end of the season on the in house video presentations, but that's about it. I wonder if its usage on the website is an indicator that they may start to promote the alt logo more from now on. As fantastic a logo as the Texas Bull is (IMO), it's seemingly all they use on merchandise, promotions, etc..

It's now on their official website:

Texans Official Site

I'm a season ticket holder and they started using the alt logo towards the end of the season on the in house video presentations, but that's about it. I wonder if its usage on the website is an indicator that they may start to promote the alt logo more from now on. As fantastic a logo as the Texas Bull is (IMO), it's seemingly all they use on merchandise, promotions, etc..

So that's where Houston is! Always thought it was somewhere else b/c Texas is that huge! Haha. The logo itself is interesting but is that the best they can do?

I'm personally a fan of the new logo, but that likely stems from the Texans never using anything other than the bull. I want them to stick to their current look on uniform and primary, but it wouldn't hurt for them to maybe use the alt logo in endzone or on a t-shirt or two. The easiest way in Texas to move merchandise is to stick the state of Texas somewhere on your design, I imagine this is where this comes from.

I know we've discussed the "HT" alt before on this forum and the prevalant opinion was that it might be a stronger logo without the "T".. using just the "H" and Texas.

That logo is so bad. It looks as if they held a fan contest to design the secondary logo. :P In all seriousness, I really hope that wasn't done by Verlander, because it is awful.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Anyone else look at their web site, hear the slogan "We Must Protect This House?" and wonder to yourself if crime is so prevalent in Houston that they feel a need to mention home defense in their football team's slogan?

:D

nah the real crime is the management not fielding together a competitive team on a yearly basis. :P

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

nah the real crime is the management not fielding together a competitive team on a yearly basis. :P

Im a Detroit Lions fan...quit complaining :(

oh i'm not complaining. I thoroughly enjoy houston being a non-competitive team year and year out. ^_^

Tell that to Jack Del Rio and the Jacksonville Jaguars...then ask them if they feel that the Texans are non-competitive...

On another rail of thought...there is something about that secondary logo that REALLY irks me. It's the same thing that bugs me about the Colorado Rockies cap logo, and I've seen it happen several other times, as well. Whenever I see initials in a logo, I'd like to think that the initials stand for the team locale, not one for the locale and one for the nickname. To me, that really sorta kinda don't make sense. (That same line of reasoning is also why the Packers' oval-enclosed "G" really kinda nags at me, too.)

I'd say, for the Texans, stick with the bull. It's strong enough as is.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived