Texas Rangers Concept

LEWJ

So I decided the Rangers really need a makeover.

I chose to re-do the primary logo, trying to mix old (1994-2001) and new. And I made red the primary color agai, which is how many people liked it.

I like my primary logo a lot, but I think the jerseys could use some work.

It needs something, I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Can you help? ^_^

So, Without further adieu, here 'tis.

V.4:

Primary:

prim3.png

Home:

rangershome-2.png

Road:

rangersroad-2.png

BP/ST:

rangersBPST-1.png

C&C Please.

I may make changes, according to C&C.

Also check out:

Yankees Concept

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Sorry, but the logo is too boring, as are the unis. I agree that the Rangers could use an identity change, but this isn't the way to go.

What do you think I could add/change to make this less boring, without changing everything?

I think the T looks odd, or perhaps it is an optical illusion with the pinstripes in the background. Anyway the top of the T needs to be longer, or so it seems. And I agree the lettering on the shirts should be arched. It does kinda remind me of the Houston Astros old H star look. I think with some tweaks it could be strong. Try making the logo more like a Rangers badge. http://www.texasranger.org/history/images/Badge8.jpg

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The T the rangers use currently shouldn't be changed...then again I LOVE the current logo and jersey (I think they are one of the nicest in the MLB). Drop the sleeveless look, if you go with red use a solid red color. Maybe try the current T on your background?

tex_rangers.jpg

credit: Logodawg86

The T the rangers use currently shouldn't be changed...then again I LOVE the current logo and jersey (I think they are one of the nicest in the MLB). Drop the sleeveless look, if you go with red use a solid red color. Maybe try the current T on your background?

I agree with this word for word.

newsig.jpg

I'm torn on this.

First off, I would slim down the A in the wordmark, it just looks sloppily large comparatively to the other letters.

I like the beveling on the capital T, but I am concerned that if you continued to bevel the wordmark, it would look EXTREMELY "Angelic," which is not what you want. Also, the wordmark laid flat out on the chest is a problem to me, I would arch it, though I'm not sure if one way would be better than the other.

I don't mind the numbers at all.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

There are several things on the Rangers current unis that bother me TO NO END. First all the drop shadows, totally unnecessary. Also, many people don't notice, but the "T" on the caps is not the same font as the lettering on their jerseys! Similar, but different.

Your concept is a good start definitely. A few suggestions:

- I like the "badge" style, but drop the pinstripes, and perhaps add some gray trim to the outside edge of the badge. You could even fool with beveling the star and making it gray as well, might have to change the color of the T in that case though.

- Proportions of the T are off. Either make the top of it much wider or make the bottom serif shorter

- Lose all drop shadows, simply make lettering red with blue trim on the home, red with white trim on the road.

- As others have said, lose the sleeveless look and horizontally arch the lettering.

- A cool alternate might be a sleeveless though, maybe with the primary logo on the chest.

Good work.

Are they seriously going with those next season?

Yes, in fact 18 of the 30 MLB teams have announced that they will be changing to uniforms designed by 16 year old kids on an internet concept forum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are they seriously going with those next season?

Yes, in fact 18 of the 30 MLB teams have announced that they will be changing to uniforms designed by 16 year old kids on an internet concept forum.

hahahaha :D

What do you not understand about the CONCEPTS forum frozenguy? :therock:

And judging by your reaction, if they were switching to these, you probably don't like it, I'm guessing...

Thanks for all the C&C, I will probably be making changes to this sooner or later.

I really Like These, but their home alternate is really nice now (the sleevless one).

i have alot of ideas like these does anyone know how to start a new topic so i can show some of them off?

Pressing "New Topic" would be a good way to start.

LEWJ, I really, really like the jersey design. Like, the silver outline on the home script/numbers switching with white on the roads, and the silver piping on the sleeves doing the same thing. Anyways, those are the things I especially like.

The 'T' logo is a little too blocky for me. You could try a beveled version of their current cap logos if your really want a bevel. Just a thought. It might fit better.

Very nice work though, one of the better baseball concepts I've seen lately.

I'd give my comments on how to improve it, but the problem is and I've though about this for awhile, is how do you improve the Rangers? Seriously. You can't go back to the reds now that the Angels are red. Do you go back to the 80's/90's look? If so then why did you change originally? Their strongest look was the red look but they gave it up and the Angels wisely snapped it up. Do you change colors? If so what colors? Red white and blue scream Texas Rangers to me. So now what? Different shades? Different font? I'm not sure. It's a team in limbo with its identity.

Archived