Philadelphia Soul 3rd Jersey

Geoff

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PHL is way weak. If you're too lazy to spell it out it should have at least been PHILA or PHILLY. That jersey is almost like a members only jecket because Russell couldn't be bothered to put a good product out on the field. At least with NIKE there was some originality. I liked it better when the teams had their own uniform deals. Zubaz doesn't look good on anyone though. It was a joke when it came out.

I'd be fine with that jersey if it wasn't for the awful "PHL", which, outside of being a stupid airport abbreviation, is done in a style which has no connection whatsoever to the rest of the team's look. (And it's the same jersey template being used by Grand Rapids.)

Maybe the Rush will put an "ORD" wordmark on their dumb black alt jerseys later this season, given how often planes from O'Hare fly over the Allstate.

Or better yet, bring back the Toronto Phantoms, and introduce a light blue "YYZ" alt.

Sigh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is ABC/ESPN contractually obligated to include the Soul in every telecast including the requisite Jon Bon Jovi interview?

The jersey is weak and the Russell designs as a whole are underwhelmingly bad.

Since Jaws is with them, yes. JBJ has said several times during several interviews, the cameras need to be on the field not on him. He is an owner the players are the one winning the games.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I think that this jersey would look really nice if it weren't for the PHL on the front. I know it's the airport abbreviation, but it has nothing to do with the team and doesn't look good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oh dear LORD.

That's... not... um... great. It's loud and obnoxious.

But I'll probably own one of those at some point.

Oh, and I'll be there Monday night, so I'll get to see them in person.

philly.png

wow, not great at all, they couldn't even use their own font for the PHL. I wouldn't mind these if they had PHI or Philly, but PHL? These are just down right ugly. Brian if you do get those, i'll buy you a Ratts jersey and we can trade

Archived