2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

Tanguay goes to the Habs along with a 5th round pick for the Habs 1st round pick of 2008 and 2nd round pick of 2009.

Excellent!

Finally, a decent trade. I hope this is only the beginning for the Habs.

Aquiring Sundin would also be great. However, there's only a chance if the Leafs confirm they do not want to resign him. Otherwise, Sundin will not have the heart to leave Toronto, shades of the last trade deadline. Basically, it would be retire or play somewhere else.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the sending of Tanguay to Habland it should free up some cap space for us and now with Cammalleri coming here i expect him to become an intimidate impact

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

TSN is claiming the Leafs and Canadiens have a trade set up for Sundin should he sign a contract extension before July 1st. It just depends on whether he wants to go to Montreal or not. Personally I'd hate to see him go and that he either returns or retires. I guess we shall soon see...

As for Schenn, I'm happy we finally got someone who could do this team some good. Kudos to both Fletcher and Snow, who has done very well as a GM thus far. He is proving to me that he isn't just a crappy goalie but a decent GM who knows how to deal.

In addition, I am more pissed off with Sens fans than before. Booing the Leafs and Ducks when they were up was annoying. I love it when fans with no class cheer on their own classless captain when he calls out their next Daigle of a selection. That just really irked me, sure we are more awesome than Ottawa will ever be but come on, don't boo some kids who just took their next step towards their future. They have yet to play a game for those teams and have done nothing but move forward in their life. As for Burke, its a shame he held his tongue as I'm sure he could have made some great, sarcastic remarks to sit those Sens fans back in their seats and make them shut it. It is no different than people booing either countries national anthem... its unnecessary and classless.

Just my two cents on it. The only man who should have been seeing that treatment is the infallible commish.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Why the :censored: did the Canucks pass on Beach? We NEED a big, bruising center, fercrissakes, and we pass him up?

Great start, Gillis.

Attitude, perhaps?

No real solid answer that I can think of.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Islanders! <_<

Hey now, loading up on picks isn't too bad of an idea. It is something I hope we do next year IF we aren't able to be in a position to snag one of the top 3 or 2.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Islanders! <_<

Hey now, loading up on picks isn't too bad of an idea. It is something I hope we do next year IF we aren't able to be in a position to snag one of the top 3 or 2.

I fully expect the Leafs to play exceptionally poorly this year, leave the best prospects with the Marlies, work themselves waaaayyyyy under the cap, and snag a top 5 pick next season so that Burke can work his "magic" in 2009-10.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Why the :censored: did the Canucks pass on Beach? We NEED a big, bruising center, fercrissakes, and we pass him up?

Great start, Gillis.

How many times did you see him play this year? You don't really want him. Downside is bigger than the up.

The Islanders! <_<

I fully expect the Leafs to play exceptionally poorly this year, leave the best prospects with the Marlies, work themselves waaaayyyyy under the cap, and snag a top 5 pick next season so that Burke can work his "magic" in 2009-10.

I have a feeling Schenn will be with the Leafs. The Hockey News said he is the most NHL ready of the defencemen in the draft... he has the size and skill and we pretty much need a new captain...

If Sundin DOES move on, we will be a lot worse. No one can fill his point production... Although we do have some promising players (Stralman, Tlustly and the Russian guy Kluman) who could end up taking control and help fill the void, although that is a pipe dream. I don't know if NHL experience is better for a lot of our prospects or if letting them rot in the AHL is a better idea. I still don't know if Schenn will be sent back to the WHL or promoted to the AHL or just kept with the Leafs now that we may be losing a regular D man or two (and can't forget about poor Coliacavo who may not be healthy, lol). He will get into some games this year, the only question is how many and when will he get his first shot at the bigs...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

In addition, I am more pissed off with Sens fans than before. Booing the Leafs and Ducks when they were up was annoying. I love it when fans with no class cheer on their own classless captain when he calls out their next Daigle of a selection. That just really irked me, sure we are more awesome than Ottawa will ever be but come on, don't boo some kids who just took their next step towards their future. They have yet to play a game for those teams and have done nothing but move forward in their life. As for Burke, its a shame he held his tongue as I'm sure he could have made some great, sarcastic remarks to sit those Sens fans back in their seats and make them shut it. It is no different than people booing either countries national anthem... its unnecessary and classless.

Just my two cents on it. The only man who should have been seeing that treatment is the infallible commish.

Where have I heard that before? :P

I'm not going to go on with this one, you're just trying too hard now.

I will say though that it would have happened in Toronto just because we don't like each other (Give it up), I assume that people weren't really booing Schenn from what I heard the boos started at the mention of Toronto then simmered down as they announced Schenn with claps after that, so I don't know about that one.

Great draft in terms of the quality of players, it seems like most teams made the right moves they needed, I don't know enough about Karlsson as Neon apparently does, so I wouldn't know if I could call him a Daigle about 6 hours after he has been drafted that would just be dumb of me.

It's great to see teams like L.A. and Toronto taking strides into their whole rebuilding process, very exciting when you think about what the future holds for those teams.

And it is COMPLETELY different from booing an anthem, an anthem is something an entire nation stands for, not so much a hockey team, enough already, now you're just trying too hard to find things to nit-pick on.

Hi, how are you?

Great start, Gillis.

I'm glad we passed on him. The last thing we need is more drama/another headcase in the locker room.

No pick could have been bad as the picks made this decade though...the Patrick White pick made last year is looking to be a huge mistake.

Booing other teams at the draft is not that big of a deal. I was at the draft last year in Columbus and while Blue Jackets fans aren't as rabid as you great white northerners, we booed Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, and Nashville. We even did our part and booed Gary Bettman WHILE he was complementing our city. I think you're trying to make something of this Neon.

And I like the R.J. Umberger deal, but that might be because I loved him when he was at Ohio State.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Great start, Gillis.

Two concussions last year and character issues, no thanks.

Then only thing I'm mad at Gillis is that he probably could of made a better offer for Joiner than Phoenix.

Booing other teams at the draft is not that big of a deal. I was at the draft last year in Columbus and while Blue Jackets fans aren't as rabid as you great white northerners, we booed Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, and Nashville. We even did our part and booed Gary Bettman WHILE he was complementing our city. I think you're trying to make something of this Neon.

And I like the R.J. Umberger deal, but that might be because I loved him when he was at Ohio State.

Hey now, I'm allowed to voice my opinion. I do remember that people were booing Stevie Y last year when he went up to the podium which I thought was kind of crazy but more amusing than anything. This is just a pet peeve of mine no matter what city it happens in. You don't have to cheer for a team you don't like but you shouldn't boo them, it looks bad on the people in attendance and the city hosting it in my eyes. I think I said something about columbus last season for some of the booing that went it, it just annoys the hell out of me. People should go there to have fun, not sit with a stick up their ass and act like its a hockey game. Its a bunch of kids and management, nothing to get so bent out of shape over. It just looks bad no matter where it happens.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

im happy we picked up Anton Gustafsson, he was the one i was hoping for. Apparently the Oilers were wanting him, so the Caps swooped in and pissed in Kevin Lowes cheerios once again! :D "I think I'm better than him. I'm a better skater. I have a better shot. He couldn't shoot." - Anton Gustafsson, on his Dad LOL

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived