Chad Ocho Cinco

Audiodrama

He's just your run of the mill WR who thinks the world revolves around him and he's owed everything in the world. Really doesn't surprise me that he did something like this.

Right, because all wide receivers are selfish.

Yup. Because I said in my post THAT EVERY SINGLE WIDE RECEIVER IS SELFISH!!!!!

You sure as hell implied it.

How??

Seconded. How did I "imply" it?

I bolded the portion where you implied it. You lumped in a lot of wide receivers in that first sentence of yours.

Whlite I certainly see where your coming from, Eye (as that phrase could definately be interpreted in the way it was), I think what he was trying to say was Chad is a run-of-the-mill WR (talent-wise) but thinks the world revolves around him.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's just your run of the mill WR who thinks the world revolves around him and he's owed everything in the world. Really doesn't surprise me that he did something like this.

How??

I bolded the portion where you implied it. You lumped in a lot of wide receivers in that first sentence of yours.

Whlite I certainly see where your coming from, Eye (as that phrase could definately be interpreted in the way it was), I think what he was trying to say was Chad is a run-of-the-mill WR (talent-wise) but thinks the world revolves around him.

The idea that I was trying to present was not that every WR is selfish, nor did I imply it. I simply meant that there are many wide receivers who think that the world revolves around them. Chad Johnson is one of them and it's not surprising that he's doing this. And yes, I did "lump a lot of wide receivers" together, because quite frankly, there are a lot of players with that attitude.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

How??

The idea that I was trying to present was not that every WR is selfish, nor did I imply it. I simply meant that there are many wide receivers who think that the world revolves around them. Chad Johnson is one of them and it's not surprising that he's doing this. And yes, I did "lump a lot of wide receivers" together, because quite frankly, there are a lot of players with that attitude.

I can't help but think that a well-placed comma could have helped your cause there, young'un.

Being the grammar afficionado that I am, this digression could have been avoided with a period. For example: "He's just your run of the mill WR. He thinks the world revolves around him and he's owed everything in the world." Or perhaps a semicolon would do the job: "He's just your run of the mill WR; he thinks the world revolves around him and he's owed everything in the world." In any case, replacing the term "who" with the personal pronoun could remove much of the ambiguity in the original post, yet it still leaves open the interpretation that by "run of the mill WR," we are referring to all receivers in general being self-centred. However, I am confident that any sort of punctuation would create enough of a separation in thought between Monsieur huit cinq and other receivers.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I hope he gets his wish and gets traded next season to a team who doesn't have #85 avalible. Then what you gonna do Mr. Ocho Cinco? Change your name again? This is stupid.

Or the Bengals could simply retire Isaac Curtis' number.

curtis_isaac.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

This much venom? For what?

It looks like some people don't know their place.

Raising a stink about something like this is a bit silly, no?

It's hard to get mad at someone trying to have fun in the No Fun League. In fact I give him credit for it.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Honestly, as a free man, he is entitled to do whatever it is that he may please. Let him do what he wants. It's his career, he's the star wide receiver---not any of us or any other human being. Ocho Cinco? Ocho Cinco.

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco had a number of original celebrations in the 2005 season. After a touchdown early in the year against the Chicago Bears, he performed his version of the "river dance". In one game against the Indianapolis Colts, after scoring a touchdown Ocho Cinco knelt down on one knee and pretended to propose to a Bengals cheerleader, who accepted the mock gesture. After he had been fined several weeks in a row for excessive celebrations, Ocho Cinco celebrated his next touchdown by holding up a sign that read "DEAR NFL, PLEASE DON'T FINE ME AGAIN!!!" (and was subsequently fined by the NFL). Other celebrations included performing CPR on the football, and picking up a pylon in the end zone and using it to 'putt' the football into an imaginary golf hole then pumping his fist in a loose imitation of Tiger Woods, for which he was fined $5,000. Ocho Cinco is also known for doing an Irish jig, and even went so far as to do the Chicken Dance in an '06 game. In 2006 before a game he wore a nameplate that said "Ocho Cinco" and was fined by the NFL. On opening day 2007, he wore a jacket that read "Future HOF 20??". The next week, in Cleveland, he jumped into the Dawg Pound after a touchdown (and had beer poured on him by the fans in attendance). On November 25th, 2007 against the Titans, he pushed a cameraman aside and pretended to film the players, which drew a 15-yard penalty for using a prop (in this case the TV camera) during touchdown celebrations.

That's fking awesome.

And the only reason you might think that HE thinks the world revolves around him is because of people--like this--who even bother to comment or demean or negate his actions. Does it really matter? He's just a solid football player--a little different in character maybe, and takes the liberty to do whatever it is that he feels to make it fun for himself and the fans. Plain and simple.

Now if your kid turns 18 and changes his name to the like, you've got a problem.

Yeah, Tom Brady would be hated on more by everybody outside of Boston than he already is, if he were to change his name to Tom Uno Dos.

What about Tedy Cinco-Quatro?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Yeah, Tom Brady would be hated on more by everybody outside of Boston than he already is, if he were to change his name to Tom Uno Dos.

Or Wes Ocho-Tres?

At least it rhymes!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Or Wes Ocho-Tres?

At least it rhymes!

No more Mannings, They are now:

Payton Uno-Ocho and Eli Uno-Cero

Has anyone checked with World B. Free to see what he thinks about all this?

Not quite the same, but if Chad Ocho Cinco is looking some support to athletes who have been there, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar might be good resources.

Man...imagine is Lew Alcindor did that today? He probably wouldn't have been able to remain the league.

And another thought -- I can't wait to hear broadcasters say "Ocho Cinco lines up in the slot, he's going long...he makes the catch....Ocho Cinco with a touchdown!" When is the Bengal's first appearance on Sunday Night Football?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived