NFL alternate jerseys

Delux247

- Patriots silver

I haven't seen those atrocities in quite a while -- and it needs to stay that way!

I will never understand why the Pats chose to have those dingy looking silver jerseys over some stellar red alternates. :wacko:

I thought there was a red alt on its way? Is that supposed to be for next season. I remember hearing something about it last year.

I've heard nothing about a red Patriots alt, but here's a photoshop job (props to whoever did this) of what should have been...

37760zc.jpg

They're bringing in the Pat Patriot throwbacks as an alt starting next year. unfortunately, no red based off the current set (which I'd LOVE to see).

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Patriots silver

I haven't seen those atrocities in quite a while -- and it needs to stay that way!

I will never understand why the Pats chose to have those dingy looking silver jerseys over some stellar red alternates. :wacko:

I thought there was a red alt on its way? Is that supposed to be for next season. I remember hearing something about it last year.

I've heard nothing about a red Patriots alt, but here's a photoshop job (props to whoever did this) of what should have been...

37760zc.jpg

They're bringing in the Pat Patriot throwbacks as an alt starting next year. unfortunately, no red based off the current set (which I'd LOVE to see).

So they're changing their name to the New England Loyalists?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Honestly I'm thankful for this. I really love the throwbacks and I don't think a red based off the current set would look too good.

However, bringing in just red in general, thank god, finally.

- Patriots silver

37760zc.jpg

Oh really? I was not aware of that.

If you want my opinion, its a bad call to use throwbacks over a regular red alt. Anytime those 80s style thowbacks with the three-point stance patriot come to mind, I think of the Bears slaughtering them in Super Bowl XX. That, and they look pretty damn ugly.

6uXNWAo.png

Weren't the Eagles black alts gone last year because they wore those bright yellow and light blue throwbacks instead? Apologies if that had been mentioned, but I didn't see it.

yessir...as i mentioned, I believe they'll be back this year.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Oh really? I was not aware of that.

If you want my opinion, its a bad call to use throwbacks over a regular red alt. Anytime those 80s style thowbacks with the three-point stance patriot come to mind, I think of the Bears slaughtering them in Super Bowl XX. That, and they look pretty damn ugly.

I do think of Superbowl XX when I see them (and though I was too young to experience it live, that is a very happy thing for me). But I disagree on the jerseys. I think those jerseys are beautiful: the striping patterns, the helmets, the red pants with the white jerseys. I love everything about them. It is a very classic, balanced, unique look.

However, I don't think I will like the result of the throwbacks. Last thing we need is to see another beautiful jersey butchered by Reebok, like the Jets' and Colts' jerseys are. If the Pats aren't going to make Reebok have the shoulder loops go all the way around, don't bother wearing them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

- Patriots silver

37760zc.jpg

That red jersey is so frigging sweet!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

- Patriots silver

37760zc.jpg

NEpatriotsred.jpg

Bucs-IIRC they'd attempted to adopt a pewter jersey a few years back. The league's response was something to the effect that they'd be tough to see on TV, thus no all-pewter.

TBbucspewter.jpg

that would be sick though

Oh my gosh.

That's so beautiful. :wub:

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

- Patriots silver

37760zc.jpg

NEpatriotsred.jpg

Even better then the real thing.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Bucs-IIRC they'd attempted to adopt a pewter jersey a few years back. The league's response was something to the effect that they'd be tough to see on TV, thus no all-pewter.

TBbucspewter.jpg

that would be sick though

That would be the best uniform in pro sports ever!!! :notworthy:

I don't understand the clamoring for red Patriots jerseys. All they do is remind people of when they were the distant fourth in Boston sports that couldn't do anything right. In and of itself without the connotations, it doesn't even look that good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Does anyone remember the Raiders silver jerseys? It looked a lot like the Pats "dirty white" silver jersey.

Umm...don't think the Raiders have ever worn a silver jersey in a game. (Sure, there's plenty of silver fahion jerseys floating around, but still...) Do they have an "offical" silver alt somewhere? I highly doubt it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Weren't the Eagles black alts gone last year because they wore those bright yellow and light blue throwbacks instead? Apologies if that had been mentioned, but I didn't see it.

yessir...as i mentioned, I believe they'll be back this year.

I don't think that throwbacks count against the 2 game limit on alternate jerseys. Does anyone know the NFL's policy on that? I thinking that a team could wear a throwback once or twice and an alt. once or twice. I might be completely wrong on this.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived