MiLB 2009 - New Identities

darkshadow1031

Fort Wayne Studebakers, aka Studs?

Not the Studs, the Studes. The team will be very picky about this, sending nasty letters to TV and radio broadcasters who fail to pronounce it so that it rhymes with "broods" rather than "buds."

20082614447.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Dodgers and Lookouts fan, there are parts I like and don't like. I'm not feeling the pinstripes, the LA patches, and the red-on-the-C-and-numbers but-nowhere-else. I also don't like jerseys lacking NOB. The hat is meh, but it should have stayed red, and they need more than one hat. And I agree the pins and red/blue scream Cubbies.

However, the script Chattanooga and Lookouts marks look phenomenal, much better than the generic block junk they used to have.

So again, some good, some bad, and some downright confusing.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

The three topics for this discussion have now all been merged under this one.

Many thanks.

And all signs point to "Fort Wayne Tin Caps" in honor of Mr. Appleseed.

Hmm... seems to me that Tin Caps is a name that requires too much explanation to people unfamiliar with the fact that Johnny Appleseed wore a tin cap. Which is probably almost every one.

The three topics for this discussion have now all been merged under this one.

Many thanks.

Hmm... seems to me that Tin Caps is a name that requires too much explanation to people unfamiliar with the fact that Johnny Appleseed wore a tin cap. Which is probably almost every one.

I'd suspect that people in Ft. Wayne are well acquinted with his iconography.

I like it.

I like it.

I will like it if, and only if, the team actually wears silver or gray hats both at home and on the road.

20082614447.png

I like it.

I will like it if, and only if, the team actually wears silver or gray hats both at home and on the road.

I will like it if, and only if, the team actually wears tin caps.

I like it.

I saw the style sheets about a month ago before I left Ft Wayne. I'm pretty sure there is not a gray or silver hat.

Archived