MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like the new uniforms. Hopefully they'll be on sale soon. I'd love to get the new road jersey for Christmas.

The Sun says there were selling them at the Gallery and other team stores yesterday (at least $229 Markakis authentics). I don't know if they are available online yet.

It's an upgrade for sure, but the Orioles script on the right sleeve is pretty poor, and the patch (as many have said) seems forced--they tried to do too much. I don't like the Red and Yellow being a part of their scheme either. I thought they should try the flag if they insist on it with orange and black instead.

Now, i put this together in paint in literally 2 minutes...it's that bad a rush job. I left one half original for comparison.

Thoughts? (Other than "wow that's an awful presentation")

BaltimoreOriolesCrest.png

The orange and black flag doesn't work at all. Taking out the yellow/gold and red defeats the purpose of using the flag imagery. Even though the patch makes them official team colors, I don't think they will now use them as a major part of the overall "scheme", just as the Ravens don't make extensive use of the red and yellow in their shield logo (as opposed to the Vegas gold that is a major part of their package).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

baltimore_jersey_markakis.jpg

While I love that the Orioles have finally decided to acknowledge their hometown by putting Baltimore back on the road jerseys, it really bugs me that the "Bal" on the right breast looks so much larger than the "timore" on the left breast.

I know that if the Phillies attempted it with their current script, it would not look good.

I think the Phillies could pull it off if they angle the script from southwest to northeast. I wish they would replace the sleeve numbers with the primary logo or the Liberty Bell logo.

Union.png

Give the Orioles credit for actually using the correct shades of Red and Yellow for the Maryland flag elements - as opposed to the Baltimore Ravens (and the U. of Maryland for that matter), who use incorrect shades:

BaltimoreOrioles_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

What is also hard to see in the new modified bird logo, is the subtle Gray highlights.

Not nearly soon enough. Especially if it replaces the silly "O's".

I'll second that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

How soon until the new "B" makes its way onto a cap?

Hopefully, it never will. I like how unique Baltimore looks, in being among just a handful of teams with actual cap logos. The "O's" cap looked forced to me from the start, and another needless "letter" cap might actually bore me to death.

The entire city and nickname are already spelled out on the jerseys, so why abbreviate them on the caps? Why waste the extremely classy graphic representation, in favor of something so generic and redundant?

^ I agree, like I said earlier, the bird is unique and I give them credit for sticking with it as a cap logo, not letters, which is why it may appear awkward to me. However, after continued study the new logo looks so much better on the cap then the old one did, so I may be coming around to it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

While I love that the Orioles have finally decided to acknowledge their hometown by putting Baltimore back on the road jerseys, it really bugs me that the "Bal" on the right breast looks so much larger than the "timore" on the left breast.

Could it be improved upon? Yes.

Is it better than the former "Orioles" script on the roads? Unquestionably.

WIN:

Robio.JPG66Aparicio.jpgdobsono.jpg

LOSE:

See the difference?

The new script blows.

If you're honestly telling me that the modern Baltimore script is worse than that blindly-cutout thing on the top right, then you're out of your mind, but then again, aren't you the guy who thinks the Blue Jays' aborted dark grey jersey is the best thing ever?

Not nearly soon enough. Especially if it replaces the silly "O's".

I had Silly-O's for breakfast this morning. Money's tight; I'm going bottom-shelf.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If you're honestly telling me that the modern Baltimore script is worse than that blindly-cutout thing on the top right, then you're out of your mind...

I have to say - that original "Baltimore" script looks like something straight out of a 3rd grade art project. Just horrible.

...I had Silly-O's for breakfast this morning. Money's tight; I'm going bottom-shelf.

Wasn't Silly-O part of Magento's Brotherhood of Mutants?

Just wonderin'.

I know that if the Phillies attempted it with their current script, it would not look good.

I think the Phillies could pull it off if they angle the script from southwest to northeast. I wish they would replace the sleeve numbers with the primary logo or the Liberty Bell logo.

I'm all for the Phils trying to do it, but of the remaining teams that do not have it, theirs would be the most difficult. But the way I see it, if San Francisco can do it, everyone should be able to! :)

I'm all for the Phils trying to do it, but of the remaining teams that do not have it, theirs would be the most difficult. But the way I see it, if San Francisco can do it, everyone should be able to! :)

You make a fantastic point about San Francisco. Before I read that, I was about to post that Philadelphia gets the only free pass from me. Part of my reasoning though, besides the length is that "Phillies" almost makes it obvious what city they're from. It's kind of old school too, in that waaaaay back in the day teams used to be referred to as "the Detroits", "the New Yorks" and so forth.

You make a fantastic point about San Francisco. Before I read that, I was about to post that Philadelphia gets the only free pass from me. Part of my reasoning though, besides the length is that "Phillies" almost makes it obvious what city they're from. It's kind of old school too, in that waaaaay back in the day teams used to be referred to as "the Detroits", "the New Yorks" and so forth.

You're right. They are an old school team that is doing the old school thing....I still wanna see the city name on the jersey though. A few of us were talking about St. Louis too. The more I think about it, the more I think the city name will look fine on their uniform. Thoughts?

Archived