MLB 2009

mania

Does anyone have the date when the Rangers new alt uni and cap are going to unveiled?

No, but the hat is going to be a red version of the current hat and I am assuming that the shirt will be red as well.

Weren't they supposed to be replacing "Rangers" on the home jersey with "Texas"? Or did they come to their senses and realize that wan't a good idea?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking through the New Era site to see if they "accidentally" posted the Rangers cap and noticed that the Marlins on-field cap was missing. I would think even if they are out of stock, they would still keep the picture. Are the Marlins switching to the Miami Marlins this year? I thought that they were holding off until they moved into the new stadium in 2046.

When you redesign uniforms, they're suppose to become more harmoniously designed, not less. This whole "at home we're a red team, away we're a blue team" thing that the Cardinals and Nationals do is ridiculous. Add the Red Sox to the ridiculousness, I guess. The Cubs do it to some extent as well, also bad.

I don't know that you can say that about the Red Sox or the Cubs - the Cubs are getting rid of the road cap and the Sox are apparently still wearing the red undershirts on the road.

The only two thing the Cardinals change on the road are their hats and their belts. Names, numbers, undershirts, socks, and shoes all remain red.

For that reason, the tradition behind it, and the fact that I find it visually appealing, I have absolutely no problem with it.

They remain primarily red, but they have a road identity. I think it works.

I don't think it works for the Nationals where they change everything (but at the same time, I wouldn't be a fan of them doing the same thing as the Cardinals, because that'd be the same thing).

I don't have a problem with what the Cubs did or will do, and the Red Sox did botch up some things, and I think the red lettering looked better, but your complaint is not my complaint.

Has this been posted?

Here's a screenshot from MLB 09, with the Citi Field patch on the Mets jersey.

mlb09_gallery_3_800x450.jpg

I hope not...someone else mocked this up on another board:

inaugural.jpg

If that's the case, it's yet another something the Mets never seem to be able to get right...

...and after such a great farewell to Shea patch too...

I'll hold off judgement though until I see it actually unveiled...I really hope they have a real patch...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

When you redesign uniforms, they're suppose to become more harmoniously designed, not less. This whole "at home we're a red team, away we're a blue team" thing that the Cardinals and Nationals do is ridiculous. Add the Red Sox to the ridiculousness, I guess. The Cubs do it to some extent as well, also bad.

I don't know that you can say that about the Red Sox or the Cubs - the Cubs are getting rid of the road cap and the Sox are apparently still wearing the red undershirts on the road.

The only two thing the Cardinals change on the road are their hats and their belts. Names, numbers, undershirts, socks, and shoes all remain red.

Are the Cardinals in fact changing the caps and belts they wear on the road? I hadn't seen or heard this. I actually like the Cardinals navy blue road cap.

For that reason, the tradition behind it, and the fact that I find it visually appealing, I have absolutely no problem with it.

They remain primarily red, but they have a road identity. I think it works.

I don't think it works for the Nationals where they change everything (but at the same time, I wouldn't be a fan of them doing the same thing as the Cardinals, because that'd be the same thing).

I don't have a problem with what the Cubs did or will do, and the Red Sox did botch up some things, and I think the red lettering looked better, but your complaint is not my complaint.

IIRC, this "tradition" started in the late '80s. Was it done prior to then? If not, I wouldn't say there's much tradition behind it.

Are the Cardinals in fact changing the caps and belts they wear on the road? I hadn't seen or heard this. I actually like the Cardinals navy blue road cap.

Yes, they're changing to kelly green caps and belts (numbers and NOB too.) They're getting in touch with their inner Irish.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

inaugural.jpg

If that's the case, it's yet another something the Mets never seem to be able to get right...

I'll hold off judgement though until I see it actually unveiled...I really hope they have a real patch...

Hello, fellow Baseball-Fever-ite. Anyway, to give credit where credit is due, the mock-up was done by Eric from StadiumPage.com and posted on Baseball Fever.

inaugural.jpg

Hello, fellow Baseball-Fever-ite. Anyway, to give credit where credit is due, the mock-up was done by Eric from StadiumPage.com and posted on Baseball Fever.

Well then...there ya have it...

Still doesn't change the fact I hope it's going to be better in reality...

Doubt it. I think I remember reading here (can't find the thread) a post from someone who had seen the patch, and they described it exactly as it appears in the game.

Doubt it. I think I remember reading here (can't find the thread) a post from someone who had seen the patch, and they described it exactly as it appears in the game.

Haven't seen it being described, except by Paul Lukas, who has seen it and said simply "It sucks."

Blame the MLB policy of prohibiting corporate logos on jerseys for that. Remember, the Busch Stadium III patch didn't have the ballpark name on it either.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Blame the MLB policy of prohibiting corporate logos on jerseys for that. Remember, the Busch Stadium III patch didn't have the ballpark name on it either.

Yeah, but that patch didn't suck. Quite the opposite in fact.

And the one w/ CITI on it sucks too...but that's the Mets for ya...

The Cardinals' patch was great, though. It was a good design, so they were able to edit it well to take Busch out of it. The Mets patch has a horribly bland and awkward design, so removing Citi can't make it look good.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived