MLB 2009

mania

My photoshop skills suck but I think that this would have looked like a much better patch for the jerseys. The Mets are selling this hat with Citi Field on the top instead of the Mets:

CitiPatchcopy.jpg

i put this hat on www.baseball-fever.com to show some mets fans what a really patch should look like, i gave full credit to you and the website here, i hope you dont mind.

That would have been perfect

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mets probably don't need any sort of patch in the first place. It's not like a memorial or anything. You can pretty well tell by looking around that you're not at Shea. It's just arm clutter.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For comparison, here are some recent stadium patches that I found on some website.

sxaifmiw2oqfhbr8vtqapegzh.gif

6052.gif

2065.gif

rjrma7f8awx9ewflx9ob.gif

The Reds one is particularly bad, because in no way does it even look like they're honoring the stadium. It looks like the Reds themselves are playing their first season. None of these are anywhere near as bad as the Mutts one. I don't think I've ever used this word in this context, but the Citi Field patch = FAIL.

enron1st.JPG

This isn't bad, but I remember seeing some with Enron on them.

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

It's just one of MANY things the Mets do that separates them from winners. Even something as irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as a patch for a new stadium. It just reeks of half-assed, going the safe route, blah blah blah blah blah.

Next thing you know they'll be talking about how its really symbolic and took months to design, etc.

All I know is if I were in charge and someone designed this and brought it to me as a serious proposal (and not a joke) they'd no longer be designing anything for me. Then again, the Mets are a joke, so...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It's just one of MANY things the Mets do that separates them from winners. Even something as irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as a patch for a new stadium. It just reeks of half-assed, going the safe route, blah blah blah blah blah.

Next thing you know they'll be talking about how its really symbolic and took months to design, etc.

All I know is if I were in charge and someone designed this and brought it to me as a serious proposal (and not a joke) they'd no longer be designing anything for me. Then again, the Mets are a joke, so...

The key thing that separates them from winners is winning. :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah. They suck. I hate being a Met fan. The Jets too. My life is just so much more miserable than it needs to be.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah. They suck. I hate being a Met fan. The Jets too. My life is just so much more miserable than it needs to be.

You could become a Braves fan and have to hear everyone talk about the most dominant team that wasn't lol. For the rest of my life I will have to hear about the 14 division titles and 1 World Series.....unless of course they pop off about 2 or 3 World Series titles in the next couple of years ha ha.

You could become a Braves fan and have to hear everyone talk about the most dominant team that wasn't lol. For the rest of my life I will have to hear about the 14 division titles and 1 World Series.....unless of course they pop off about 2 or 3 World Series titles in the next couple of years ha ha.

It could be a lot worse -- you could be a Texas Rangers fan. 37 years, no World Series appearances.

I made a design based on the cap above with a few tweaks. Putting the rotunda in the patch was a no brainer, I can't believe the real patch didn't utilize it.

citifieldpatchan8.jpg

Dude, this is UNREAL! It's so good, if I didn't know better, I'd think it was the real design. I wish this was the patch. I'd buy every piece of merchandise I could find with this on it.

As a serious jersey freak and a Mets fan, I'm really going to have to think long and hard before I buy something with this God awful Citi Field patch on it.

And again, I don't think this has been answered yet: do we have a source on dumping the black road alt? Or are we just going by it not being listed on shop.mlb.com anymore?

sig2024.png

For comparison, here are some recent stadium patches that I found on some website.

sxaifmiw2oqfhbr8vtqapegzh.gif

6052.gif

2065.gif

rjrma7f8awx9ewflx9ob.gif

The Reds one is particularly bad, because in no way does it even look like they're honoring the stadium. It looks like the Reds themselves are playing their first season. None of these are anywhere near as bad as the Mutts one. I don't think I've ever used this word in this context, but the Citi Field patch = FAIL.

FWIW - GABP is actually represented (though poorly) by the baseball player on their patch. The player on the patch is one of the 50 foot by 20 foot limestone bas relief carvings near the main entrance called The Spirit of Baseball. The carvings on the stadium show a young baseball player looking up to the figures of a batter, pitcher and fielder, all set against the background of many of Cincinnati's landmarks, including the riverfront and Union Terminal.

Unless you were from Cincy or went to a lot of their games, folks wouldn't really know that this patch actually had some type of GABP reference.

rjrma7f8awx9ewflx9ob.gif

FWIW - GABP is actually represented (though poorly) by the baseball player on their patch. The player on the patch is one of the 50 foot by 20 foot limestone bas relief carvings near the main entrance called The Spirit of Baseball. The carvings on the stadium show a young baseball player looking up to the figures of a batter, pitcher and fielder, all set against the background of many of Cincinnati's landmarks, including the riverfront and Union Terminal.

Unless you were from Cincy or went to a lot of their games, folks wouldn't really know that this patch actually had some type of GABP reference.

Here's that same patch - only from the official file:

CincinnatiReds_CL1_2003.gif

I made a design based on the cap above with a few tweaks. Putting the rotunda in the patch was a no brainer, I can't believe the real patch didn't utilize it.

citifieldpatchan8.jpg

Dude, this is UNREAL! It's so good, if I didn't know better, I'd think it was the real design. I wish this was the patch. I'd buy every piece of merchandise I could find with this on it.

As a serious jersey freak and a Mets fan, I'm really going to have to think long and hard before I buy something with this God awful Citi Field patch on it.

And again, I don't think this has been answered yet: do we have a source on dumping the black road alt? Or are we just going by it not being listed on shop.mlb.com anymore?

Paul Lukas has stated on UniWatch that he has information that the road alt is gone for the '09 season. They will just have the home black alt but may wear it on the road as well.

mets.png

rjrma7f8awx9ewflx9ob.gif

Here's that same patch - only from the official file:

CincinnatiReds_CL1_2003.gif

danke

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived