MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yeah, everybody knows what it's supposed to be, the gripe is that it's a meaningless logo without the corporate name, and "Inaugural Season 2009" is just slapped on there. It's the inaugural season for the Mets? Didn't they win it all in '86?

Haha, Rangers.

TEXAS!

WOOOOO!

TEXAS!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well yeah, everybody knows what it's supposed to be, the gripe is that it's a meaningless logo without the corporate name, and "Inaugural Season 2009" is just slapped on there. It's the inaugural season for the Mets? Didn't they win it all in '86?

Haha, Rangers.

TEXAS!

WOOOOO!

TEXAS!

I also heard that they were changing the official name of the club to the Texas 'Texas Rangers' of Texas.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

pMLB2-5467120dt.jpg

An absolutely pointless change. Their home jerseys always had the word Rangers on it. I don't see how this could be considered as an improvment.

I'm with you in preferring the previous Rangers home jersey. With, you know, the team name on it.

But I'm willing to make an exception in this case to the general rules of what goes on your home jersey. After all, it is Texas. If there's one place where it makes cultural sense for a pro team to have the state name on their home jerseys, it's Texas. So this is silly, but not wrong.

20082614447.png

I would be expecting the Twins to have a memorial patch this season for Carl Pohlad, since they did it for Casey, Pucket, and Carneal. Anybody heard anything about them having patches made?

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I would be expecting the Twins to have a memorial patch this season for Carl Pohlad, since they did it for Casey, Pucket, and Carneal. Anybody heard anything about them having patches made?

Seeing as how he just died yesterday, I think they may have some slightly bigger priorities over making a patch for games that are 3 months away.

Early speculation calls for the patch to contain the initials "CP" in black inside a tightly-pinched penny.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Seeing as how he just died yesterday, I think they may have some slightly bigger priorities over making a patch for games that are 3 months away.

Yeah, I guess so. I got a little carried away.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

The Texas jersey really isn't bad at all (IMO).

If they didn't have the black drop shadow it would be miles better, but still.

I think the red and blue sleeve piping makes this jersey better than last year's.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I bet the new "Texas" uniforms won't last more than three years. It's HORRIBLE!! it looks so terrible, I want to vomit. BLAAAH!!

I think you're getting a little carried away. It doesn't need the black, but IMO it's not a terrible design. It just has the wrong word on it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived