MLB 2009

mania

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=mlb

citi field patch earns honor

btw, they have a second design that is so much better but only will be on merchendise in citi field.

mets officials told POed fans that the mets and citi made the bad logo ( basically the mets had to do what citi wants) and that they are aware of the fans hatred of the logo and will work on adjusting it in the future.

info from www.baseball-fever.com

Mets, Jets, Islanders

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pMLB2-5488647reg.jpg

Said it before and I'll say it again - that's one sweeet patch.

Because the stadium is the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, there is no corporate name there, so they can do whatever they want with it.

How can you be a suburb of a city in which you are in two different counties?

Easily. Look at a map: major metropolitan areas comprise multiple counties. Brookfield is a suburb of Milwaukee, in Waukesha County. Cherry Hill is a suburb of Philadelphia, located in a different state. All this OC/LA "in THAT place they walk like this,, but HERE we walk like this" stuff is irrelevant to those of us outside Greater Los Angeles, and since in my experience most of it emanates from predominantly white Orange County, it can be construed as passively racist to keep insinuating "we're not them, we swear."

If you have to be in the same county as the city to be a suburb, thus Indianapolis has one suburb. Lawrence, as the rest of Marion County is part of Naptown itself (unless you start counting Speedway and Broad Ripple).

6fQjS3M.png

Well, it's annoying that the Texas Ranger's home uniforms just say Texas... but I'm actually a fan of the black dropshadow. Why? Because if we didn't have that, we'd have the same color scheme as probably about 8 other teams in the league. I like a little identity. As for a red Ranger's jersey... love it. I might have to get one.

Well we changed our jerseys up a bit. Time for a successful season, in the footsteps of Rays, Angels, Ducks, Broncos, Chargers, etc. etc. I can't wait. :)

A black drop shadow does not give them a seperate identity from the other blue/red teams. It just means they have an unnecessaary black drop shadow. I've never heard of a team's identity being based on a generic wordmark feature in the most generic color used. And the fact that it's only on the home and away jerseys is not enough to give it an entirely different color scheme than the others.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=mlb

citi field patch earns honor

btw, they have a second design that is so much better but only will be on merchendise in citi field.

mets officials told POed fans that the mets and citi made the bad logo ( basically the mets had to do what citi wants) and that they are aware of the fans hatred of the logo and will work on adjusting it in the future.

info from www.baseball-fever.com

The second designs on merchandise only:

Citifeildlogo-1.png

nym.jpg

Way better than the the current logos, I can see why Mets fan would be mad.

Even the "better" patch design sucks something awful, though.

That navy and slate...green... just don't work together. The font is to generic to be classy (especially with the stroke), and the attempted depiction of the shading and lighting inside of the stadium just looks like crap.

The Mets failed pretty miserably on all counts.

Even the "better" patch design sucks something awful, though.

That navy and slate...green... just don't work together. The font is to generic to be classy (especially with the stroke), and the attempted depiction of the shading and lighting inside of the stadium just looks like crap.

The Mets failed pretty miserably on all counts.

The basis of these are excellent, but the execution is what sucks. This appears to be the rough draft stage of the logo design, only for them it's the final product. All you would need to do is simpify here, changes fonts there and clean-up all over. Sounds like a lot, but in reality, it wouldn't take long to make those changes. This just furthers the assumption of laziness on their part. They go with crap as the official stuff, with pretty crappy stuff as the secondary, when they could EASILY make improvements to the pretty crappy secondary stuff and have an awesome piece of work.

Laziness or lack of general knowledge. Either way, it's the Mets.

Well, it's annoying that the Texas Ranger's home uniforms just say Texas... but I'm actually a fan of the black dropshadow. Why? Because if we didn't have that, we'd have the same color scheme as probably about 8 other teams in the league. I like a little identity. As for a red Ranger's jersey... love it. I might have to get one.

Well we changed our jerseys up a bit. Time for a successful season, in the footsteps of Rays, Angels, Ducks, Broncos, Chargers, etc. etc. I can't wait. :)

A black drop shadow does not give them a seperate identity from the other blue/red teams. It just means they have an unnecessaary black drop shadow. I've never heard of a team's identity being based on a generic wordmark feature in the most generic color used. And the fact that it's only on the home and away jerseys is not enough to give it an entirely different color scheme than the others.

Then if it's only on one of the jerseys, what's the problem?

So you're OK with bad uniform design as long as it distinguishes your team?

Looks like those CitiField arches are supposed to look like the outside of Ebbets Field. Resemblance?

The arches were indeed supposed to resemble Ebbets Field. There are actually more than a handful or articles about the likenesses between the two - just Google it. Add a Jackie Robinson Rotunda into the mix, and it's obvious the Mets pay a large homage to Brooklyn baseball.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

headline news on Yahoo.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,133840

MLB team patch being mocked all over the web, thats right , the pathetic mets inaugural season patch has made national news on the internet. now the whole world will know how bad the mets :censored:ed this one up. they even have a yankee patch on it to compare and let everyone see how second class the mets are to the yankees. hopefully, it will cause the mets to redesign that pathetic logo.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I know I'm going to get killed for this, but it's just a patch.

It's fine.

Somebody kill this guy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived