MLB 2009

mania

I don't see any changes for the Marlins, so it would be a welcome surprise to me.

Marlins aren't changing a thing on their uniforms until they move into the new stadium in 2012. I got that info right out of Jeffrey Loria's mouth. They're experimenting with several color schemes right now.

I'm guessing that one of those is "what sells...and that's silver and black", right?

(Wasn't that a quote that also came straight from Loria?)

For the love of aesthetic holiness, I hope these people get a needle shot of creativity in their arms and come up with something more, well, pleasant to look at other than black and silver...and just a teeney weeny bit of teal. Hell...they could steal the Dolphins' aqua and orange and I wouldn't even bat an eye. But that's just me.

Do you have a concept in the works or are the Marlins low on your list? I really liked the Giants stuff, especially the Home Alt Jersey.

Oh no...they on the list...and have been for about 7 months.

I think the Marlins are on the list for everyone currently in the middle of a baseball concept project. I'm looking forward to yours though :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Red Sox alternate road... will that strictly be worn only on the road? Because I can't think of a single MLB team (off the top of my head) that has an alternate uniform they only wear during road games.

The Red Sox alternate road... will that strictly be worn only on the road? Because I can't think of a single MLB team (off the top of my head) that has an alternate uniform they only wear during road games.

There are quite a few "road" alternates. Astros' script "Houston" alt (do they have two, one red, one black?), Mets script "New York" black alt, Twins script"Minnesota" blue alt. I don't know if the Rangers' blue "Texas" alternate is strictly for the road...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Kinda hoping they'd get rid of the black. I don't care about the patch.

Agreed, what a perfect opportunity to do away with the black. Don't they know the 90s are over?

All you need to do is look at the patch on the shoulder and then the wordmark on the chest to see how much nicer it is without the black.

That patch is WAY too plain.

Has to be out of necessity. The patch is the same as the CitiField logo, and remember that corporate logos aren't allowed on MLB jerseys. Thus, the patch as shown.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Has to be out of necessity. The patch is the same as the CitiField logo, and remember that corporate logos aren't allowed on MLB jerseys. Thus, the patch as shown.

However, the Giants did a very nice patch back in '01 for Pac Bell Park, and the Cardinals did a very nice patch for the new Busch Stadium. Condsidering the architectural features of Citi Field surely the patch could have been designed using that instead of what they did. I'm sure the Yankees patch will look much better.

However, the Giants did a very nice patch back in '01 for Pac Bell Park, and the Cardinals did a very nice patch for the new Busch Stadium. Condsidering the architectural features of Citi Field surely the patch could have been designed using that instead of what they did. I'm sure the Yankees patch will look much better.

pMLB2-5472437dt.jpg

I totally agree.

The Mets could have used the Rotunda, the Home Run Apple, or the Bridge in right field over the bullpen's as the main design theme for the patch. Heck, they could have even used a combination of the Rotunda and the old Shea Home Run Apple too! (that Apple will be placed in an entry plaza outside the front of the Rotunda)

This current patch design is pure laziness considering the all these elements they have available to create a great logo.

NYCdog.png

For comparison, here are some recent stadium patches that I found on some website.

sxaifmiw2oqfhbr8vtqapegzh.gif

6052.gif

2065.gif

rjrma7f8awx9ewflx9ob.gif

The Reds one is particularly bad, because in no way does it even look like they're honoring the stadium. It looks like the Reds themselves are playing their first season. None of these are anywhere near as bad as the Mutts one. I don't think I've ever used this word in this context, but the Citi Field patch = FAIL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

mets black road uni...but apparently are ditching it next season. i liked the road black better then the home black.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

the citi field logo itself is an absolute disgrace and that patch is pure garbage. tha shea stadium patch was great and boost jersey sales and other merchendise. who in their right mine would buy something with a diagonal rectangle with arial font that says inagural season 2009? what a waste of a good opportunity, it so half ass compared to the yankees patch. and i personally think the cardinals did it best buy having the team and stadium represented with a very nice font in thier logo. it seems like as time goes on, every new logo that comes out is getting more simpler and boring, but the mets is just pathetic.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I like the Marlins uniforms, especially the wordmark, which seems very South Florida.

Wow, I've always thought the wordmarks were terrible, the only thing keeping them from a near-perfect set. Their cap logo is amazing, and it looked so good on those old pinstriped home alts. Those alts also had just the right amount of teal. But those wordmarks...they're so clunky to me. The orientation seems strange, and the ribbons underlining them almost ruin the whole set for me.

Archived