MLB 2009

mania

What may be lost here is that the "hanging socks" logo is also new - it's a slightly modifed version of the original.

Do you know for definite if the roads and/or alternates have names on them? Are the numbers given the same color treatment as the team name/city on the front?

Any news clips and photos I've seen were inconclusive.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Primary is now the hanging Sox logo.

So is the circle logo gone?

If so, that's an upgrade.

Nothing on the Red Sox site about new uniforms or logos yet.

Strongly disagree. The circle w/ socks was much better. Hanging socks? Stanky.

Don't mind the new roads, script is now plain and I like it like that. However, is it an upgrade? Hell 2 da naw (paraphrasing my favorite guy from Da "U"). I absolutely detest the sock logo on the hat. That's bush-league, esp. with the "B" such an iconic hat logo anyway. Could you imagine the Yanks taking the NY off their hat, even for an alternate? No effin' way.

In summation? A completely stupid, unnecessary, superfluous change that was never needed, nor WANTED, in the first place. Grade: F-

Primary is now the hanging Sox logo.

So is the circle logo gone?

If so, that's an upgrade.

Nothing on the Red Sox site about new uniforms or logos yet.

Strongly disagree. The circle w/ socks was much better. Hanging socks? Stanky.

Don't mind the new roads, script is now plain and I like it like that. However, is it an upgrade? Hell 2 da naw (paraphrasing my favorite guy from Da "U"). I absolutely detest the sock logo on the hat. That's bush-league, esp. with the "B" such an iconic hat logo anyway. Could you imagine the Yanks taking the NY off their hat, even for an alternate? No effin' way.

In summation? A completely stupid, unnecessary, superfluous change that was never needed, nor WANTED, in the first place. Grade: F-

The hangin socks cap is only for the alternate jerseys. The regular cap is still for the regular home and road.

^What he said. And, the names are on the back of at least the main roads.

And the new stuff is already on Pressbox. Why would they thin the Tuscan letters? Does anyone know if the thinned letters will be on the home jersey? I really hate that new circular logo, way more than the new uniforms.

Edit: It's weird because the jerseys got much more navy, but the logos got much more red. Gah.

I don't think it's that bad. I think the blue lettering is a sharp look. I think if it had red sleeve piping and maybe a couple red stripes running down the buttons it could look great. I also really, really dig that hanging socks hat. Granted I hate the Sox but it's still a freakin sweet hat.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

YES a blue alt! I've been wanting to see one of those for a while!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

uniforms - blah. plain is good, but boring is not.

alt cap - awesome. just wish they woulda gone with a red bill.

logo - i actually had to google "red sox logo" to see what the change was, but now comparing the two, the new one is much much better with the unified font and colouring.

Padres' 40th Anniversary Patch

3LTt4BS2.jpg

SAN DIEGO -- The Padres unveiled their specially designed 40th anniversary logo on Thursday to celebrate a historic milestone for the franchise.

The logo will be displayed on a uniform patch and sewn into three of the Padres' four jerseys -- home, away and the alternate blue tops. The logo will also be featured prominently in 2009 in advertising for the team, promotional materials and throughout PETCO Park.

I see no brown and/or yellow in that. Love the swinging friar, but come on. The Padres wore brown for well over two decades - it ought to be commemorated in the 40th anniversary branding.

While we're on the subject of the Padres, have they gotten rid of those ridiculous camouflage alts yet?

3101813238_7d0a1c2aae_o.png

3093423477_4be054e231_o.png

100% upgrade. Maybe add some red trim.

Nothing says RED Sox like subtracting red and adding blue.

They're the Red SOX. The colors used on the rest of their uniform are completely irrelevant.

That right there might be the most asinine thing I've ever read on a message board devoted to uniforms.

Basically, you're saying that they could go out there wearing khaki shorts and a hawaiian shirt as their "uniform" and it would be just fine...as long as their socks were red.

Looking at their uniforms in '86 and comparing them to present day...I'm sorry, but this shouldn't even be an argument.

Their nickname is derived from the color of their socks. Therefore, as long as their uniform incorporates red socks, they aren't in violation of their nickname. Would I recommend that they pick a uniform that contains no red? Of course not. But the fact is that their entire identity is based upon the color of their socks.

If you consider that asinine, then I'm not sure we're going to be able to continue this discussion. When you are ready to have an intelligent debate, please fire away. Until then, keep it to yourself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Change just for the sake of change.

A red brim would do wonders for that new hat.

Actually, it's the other way around - making the whole hat red (or an update of the 1970s version) would do wonders for that home alt jersey. I will agree that the navy hat is a true classic, but there's a lot to be said for consistency in color application, too.

Love the new Sox road. I always preferred the 80s roads, and this is a step up from that. the Dodgers look went 100 times better when they did the same thing. This is no different. good job Sox! as for the alt hat, i dont mind it as long as its used sparingly. the argument that the yankees wouldnt break out an alt cap is useless because the sox arent the yankees. they dont spend millions on guys who quit october 1st and they dont mind an alt hat once in awhile. speaking of the stankees, theyd be well served to apply the same treatment to their roads.

Love the new Sox road. I always preferred the 80s roads, and this is a step up from that. the Dodgers look went 100 times better when they did the same thing. This is no different. good job Sox! as for the alt hat, i dont mind it as long as its used sparingly. the argument that the yankees wouldnt break out an alt cap is useless because the sox arent the yankees. they dont spend millions on guys who quit october 1st and they dont mind an alt hat once in awhile. speaking of the stankees, theyd be well served to apply the same treatment to their roads.

I mostly agree, except for this:

The Yankees don't quit after October 1st - they just call up Scotty B and start the arbitration process rolling again.

Archived