MLB 2009

mania

I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too, Thursday I don't care about you, it's Friday, I'm in ugly anachronistic throwbacks that represent losing 102 games in a ballpark that never should have been built.

Man, Robert Smith's later work really sucks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3093423477_4be054e231_o.png

100% upgrade. Maybe add some red trim.

Nothing says RED Sox like subtracting red and adding blue.

They're the Red SOX. The colors used on the rest of their uniform are completely irrelevant.

That right there might be the most asinine thing I've ever read on a message board devoted to uniforms.

Basically, you're saying that they could go out there wearing khaki shorts and a hawaiian shirt as their "uniform" and it would be just fine...as long as their socks were red.

Looking at their uniforms in '86 and comparing them to present day...I'm sorry, but this shouldn't even be an argument.

SigReflect.png

Who's "we"?

Looks like they've tweaked the sock, presumably because the original is in the public domain?

original, traced from photo of vintage jersey.

Anyone have the old Cooperstown Collection file? Is that the same sock logo they used for the throwbacks a couple years ago?

I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too, Thursday I don't care about you, it's Friday, I'm in ugly anachronistic throwbacks that represent losing 102 games in a ballpark that never should have been built.

Man, Robert Smith's later work really sucks.

It was all downhill after "The Head on the Door."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

They couldn't at least put the piping on them to have some consistency? In the mock-ups, I didn't mind the navy/no red, though thought a red outline would be superb. But this... with no red AND no piping AT ALL, is just crap. Downgrade when it could've been a nice lateral or slight upgrade. BooSox.

Archived