MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Logos / mascots don't belong on hats, and are invariably inferior to monograms. This includes Cleveland and Baltimore too. They just look too minor league.

Really? I always associate Chief Wahoo with "Major League."

U10893-1228521618.jpg

Just kidding. Chief Wahoo looks minor-league on anything.

Eh, seems like Boston is doing this just to do it... they need to take Rick James' advice ("See, I never just did things just to do them... Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch.") :blink:

And I don't know what it is about the logo, but the hat just looks a little too bare, like it's missing something.

I like the socks logo as an alt cap but I think it might look better with a red bill just to make the cap differ from the regular cap a little more. Here's a quick job of what it would look like. I do agree that perhaps a white outline might improve this cap as well. I think this would go well with their red alts.

sox_red.jpg

mets.png

MLB Shop has released the Rays alt jersey:

pMLB2-5428023dt.jpg

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?prod...1452368.1452909

Beautiful. I would've rather seen the navy and white reversed on the wordmark, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I assume the name and number on the back will be white, at least I hope.

MLB Shop has released the Rays alt jersey:

pMLB2-5428023dt.jpg

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?prod...1452368.1452909

Beautiful. I would've rather seen the navy and white reversed on the wordmark, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I assume the name and number on the back will be white, at least I hope.

I personally think it sucks. I hate when teams do letters/numbers the same color as the jersey. With the Angels, red is a bold color, and it is part of their identity. Not many teams wear red at home and on the road, so it kinda works for them. But this sucks. Navy doesn't define the Rays like that. The letters should be light blue with a white shadow.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived