MLB 2009

mania

I also find it hard to believe that the Red Sox would go with the double red sock hat. They have not worn a hat like that since 1931 (single sock). I would prefer a return to the 1975-79 red crown cap.

I have it listed on our sheet as a "new hat" for 09.

Is this sheet available for public viewing?

Unfortunately that isn't possible.

understandable, any hints? like the Marlins switching to the Miami Marlins and trading the F for an M

I don't see any change for the Marlins. this is what I see: SF BP, Texas Alternate, Twins BP, DC Alternate, Red Sox hat, and 3 new Orioles hats as has already been discussed. That is all I can see right now.

Do you see any changes for the Yankees, by chance?

I hear they are getting a new ballpark.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also find it hard to believe that the Red Sox would go with the double red sock hat. They have not worn a hat like that since 1931 (single sock). I would prefer a return to the 1975-79 red crown cap.

understandable, any hints? like the Marlins switching to the Miami Marlins and trading the F for an M

I don't see any change for the Marlins. this is what I see: SF BP, Texas Alternate, Twins BP, DC Alternate, Red Sox hat, and 3 new Orioles hats as has already been discussed. That is all I can see right now.

The chances of the Yankees changing a uniform or hat are between absolutely not and forget about it.

I am still hopeful that they will.

Not next year, but perhaps soon.

I can't see the Yanks getting a new uniform either, but they did have a uniform unveling date on that since-removed list. I'm assuming that's just for the inaugural season patch, although it's already been released (unless they go with a different patch for some reason).

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

This surfaced on the Next Level Talk forums as the possible '09 Red Sox road:

4a9afe8a.jpg

I'm inclined to think road throwback at this point (it's based on the 1936 design), but there's no confirmation anywhere that they're actually going to use it. Yet.

While I'm no sleuth, I do believe that is a photoshop job.

Ehh, looks more like something you'd find for $20 on ebay.

<_<

6uXNWAo.png

That would be interesting. I see them going to the home version of this, since these are what they opened the Metrodome with:

PAAAAAIABEFEPOCMt.jpg

Yeah that was what I was thinking and I was also wondering if they are thinking about going to the white pants if they wear these, like the Royals, or if they will stick with the blue pants like the Blue Jays.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The chances of the Yankees changing a uniform or hat are between absolutely not and forget about it.

Not the game jerseys, but they "could" do something with the BP's. They did add that border around the NY on the BP caps. The Yanks could go outrageous and use the "Yankees" script you see on the satin jackets and put those on the BP jerseys someday. Aside from that or dropping the trim on the roads, they aren't changing anything but the occasional patch.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

During the Timberwolves game tonight, FSN announced that the Twins will have a retro style alternate next year. Not sure whether it will be like the Royals, the Indians, or just an actual Twins retro jersey. Anyone else know anything about this?

Whatever it is, hopefully it kills that pointless sleeveless jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That would be interesting. I see them going to the home version of this, since these are what they opened the Metrodome with:

PAAAAAIABEFEPOCMt.jpg

Yeah that was what I was thinking and I was also wondering if they are thinking about going to the white pants if they wear these, like the Royals, or if they will stick with the blue pants like the Blue Jays.

This wouldn't exactly be a new retro for the Twins. They've worn the powder blues several times over the last few years, which is why you can find Morneau and Mauer versions of them pop up on eBay. I remember this, because they looked unnaturally baggy on some players, Torii Hunter in particular, if I recall this correctly.

I'm not sure if they've worn the white version of the double-knit era jerseys, though.

I don't think the team has ever worn throwbacks of their 1960s pinstriped uniforms though. That would be novel, but maybe more appropriate for the return of outdoor baseball.

That's not the new stuff.

The new Red Sox single-A affiliate in Salem, VA just released their uniform set. Will any of this look make it to the big league level as part of Boston's changes?

3039933960_74ca8d1059.jpg

3039095963_93d10218a8.jpg

3039934058_b7a2d0c97a.jpg

The "S" on their hats is the Spokane Indians "S"

That's not the new stuff.

The new Red Sox single-A affiliate in Salem, VA just released their uniform set. Will any of this look make it to the big league level as part of Boston's changes?

3039933960_74ca8d1059.jpg

3039095963_93d10218a8.jpg

3039934058_b7a2d0c97a.jpg

The "S" on their hats is the Spokane Indians "S"

7hQCCrnq.jpg

I'll say it's similar, but not the same. The Salem Red Sox used the font that the Red Sox have always used, Spokane just went with a classic look.

Great list (although you forgot the Mets):

METSWHT.jpg

I think it makes his point, though. While common in the first half of the 20th century, white caps have been very rare in the last 30 years, and the few times a white cap has been tried they've been quickly abandoned.

Don't remember the 1990s Yankees' Spring Training coaches' cap - does anyone have a pic?

I could've sworn their snow white caps had a blue NY outlined in orange, not the reversal shown in that pic.

Correct pic:

gilkey.jpg

I say BRING BACK THE WHITE METS CAPS!!!

YOZXkBG.png?1

I was hoping they would go back to their old road uniforms without the cuffs or the white trim. Just plain blue "NEW YORK" and numbers.

Um, yeah...because BORING is good. So very, very good.

Even after buying every available free agent pitcher on the market this offseason, they'll still be able to afford that 2nd layer of twill on the road jerseys. Hell, maybe one day, they'll really splurge, and put NAMES ON THE BACK of the road jerseys.

Oh, wait. They're the Yankee$, and we're all supposed to have their 40-man roster memorized.

My bad.

I was hoping they would go back to their old road uniforms without the cuffs or the white trim. Just plain blue "NEW YORK" and numbers.

Um, yeah...because BORING is good. So very, very good.

Even after buying every available free agent pitcher on the market this offseason, they'll still be able to afford that 2nd layer of twill on the road jerseys. Hell, maybe one day, they'll really splurge, and put NAMES ON THE BACK of the road jerseys.

Oh, wait. They're the Yankee$, and we're all supposed to have their 40-man roster memorized.

My bad.

Some day, you're just going to have to get over it.

Your team has a rich baseball tradition going back centuries, not to mention perhaps the best set of logos across the years. If I was going to pick a team to follow based only on their uniforms, It'd be the birds in a walk. For this beautiful cap if nothing else:

bal39c.jpg

So there's really no need to be jealous.

Archived