MLB 2009

mania

I made a design based on the cap above with a few tweaks. Putting the rotunda in the patch was a no brainer, I can't believe the real patch didn't utilize it.

citifieldpatchan8.jpg

Dude, this is UNREAL! It's so good, if I didn't know better, I'd think it was the real design. I wish this was the patch. I'd buy every piece of merchandise I could find with this on it.

As a serious jersey freak and a Mets fan, I'm really going to have to think long and hard before I buy something with this God awful Citi Field patch on it.

And again, I don't think this has been answered yet: do we have a source on dumping the black road alt? Or are we just going by it not being listed on shop.mlb.com anymore?

Paul Lukas has stated on UniWatch that he has information that the road alt is gone for the '09 season. They will just have the home black alt but may wear it on the road as well.

Wow. I'm an avid, daily reader, but I admit I missed that one. Interesting. Especially since they used the black home alts in 1998 on the road before they created the black road alts to get around using Mets on the front of a road jersey. We love a strange, strange organization.

sig2024.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. They did it. The Rangers actually, stupidly, did it.

Are they just "Team Texas" now?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

pMLB2-5467120dt.jpg

Oh dear god. I can't believe they actually took the step and went ahead with it. What the hell goes on the away jerseys? "Rangers"? Or is it still "Texas"?

The jersey is much prettier than the previous version, until you mentioned that it said TEXAS hah.

I don't think it's terrible. As long as the road jersey says TEXAS as well.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

So most team's dont have many replica jerseys online right now, since every team is switchin over to the new swingman like style.

But there is a few that have it, like the mets have a wright jersey, gotta love the description "Authentic-like name & number font"

Well I do like that the numbers and names are in the correct font.

Other teams that have a replica jersey up (Usually just 1 home replica for now, I love how most teams replica isnt even listed)

So ony the Phillies, Rays and Mets have 1 new replica up.

pMLB2-5467120dt.jpg

An absolutely pointless change. Their home jerseys always had the word Rangers on it. I don't see how this could be considered as an improvment.

But I'm sure they feel like winners. They won the prize of the only current team to have their state name on their home jersey. :winner: Why else would they make such a change?

The new Rangers' jersey is awful. The worst part of all (worse than putting the state name and the double sleeve piping) is that they STILL didn't get rid of the black. What the :censored:? The black brimmed hat is long gone, the recent sleeveless alts didn't have a black outline (and they looked great), there is no black no the blue alt, and the only things left from that ridiculous era was the shadow on the home and road jersey. So, they redo the home jersey (maybe road too) and they fail to take off the black?! Epic fail.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Um, correct me if this is old or just epic failure on my part but...

prod.jpg

When did the Mariners wear a black alt? Better yet, why have they seemed to ditch the navy ones? All according to MLB Shop, sort of.

I believe that *is* the navy alt, actually. It's just a very dark shade.

I can't believe that somebody, somewhere, didn't stand up and put a stop to that Mutts patch. That looks way worse than even having a sponsor's logo on there. That's as bush-league of a patch as I've seen in MLB.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived