MLB 2009

mania

I have a question for ColorWerx. Did the Red Sox change the logo they use for the decals on their helmets? The "B" logo changed on the site and in watching the games so far this spring, it looks like they have that logo on their helmets rather than the thinner looking "B" that they have worn in years past.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question for ColorWerx. Did the Red Sox change the logo they use for the decals on their helmets? The "B" logo changed on the site and in watching the games so far this spring, it looks like they have that logo on their helmets rather than the thinner looking "B" that they have worn in years past.

Not as far as official graphics go. However, we all know how things don't always line up between what's in the style guides and what is actually worn on the field. So, who knows?

The glint is starting to make solo appearances on Rays gear.

022109.jpg

:ninja:

Not only that, but the color yellow is already being phased out. Remember last year, among other things, the warm up jackets had yellow trim...

I wouldn't say it is being phased out, but rather toned down. They're reducing its role it seems, not eliminating it.

Not only that, but the color yellow is already being phased out. Remember last year, among other things, the warm up jackets had yellow trim...

022308.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

022308.jpg

IMO, the light blue trim is much better than the yellow trim. On the warm ups the yellow clashes rather than complementing the pullover.

022308.jpg

IMO, the light blue trim is much better than the yellow trim. On the warm ups the yellow clashes rather than complementing the pullover.

Agreed. I've always thought the navy blue/sky blue combo would work well for the Rays. The yellow is good olny as an accent for those colors in the Rays scheme.

Looking at the Phillies giveaways schedule for the season, I see on May 31st theyre giving all kids a free Chase Utley Alternate Batting helmet away. Maybe no more red helmets with the throwbacks?

Yeah, I think that was reported somewhere else too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The replicas on MLB.com no longer have the generic block style. They still violate NNOB rules but at least the styles are right. The price didn't go up, so what corners did they cut? Are the numbers screen-printed or screen-printed on one layer then sewn?

1zgyd8w.jpg

The replicas on MLB.com no longer have the generic block style. They still violate NNOB rules but at least the styles are right. The price didn't go up, so what corners did they cut? Are the numbers screen-printed or screen-printed on one layer then sewn?

Think NBA Swingman or NHL replica.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That Pirates uniform doesn't look bad at all.

Until they put the front number on.

The number is gonna go on the front? Still shouldn't look too bad. It would be better without though.

I think they look terrific! As one of the three remaining, worldwide Pirate fans, I'll take any improvement as a hopeful sign!

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

What the phillies should do is have the stars that dots the i in phillies be gold for the one game.

You win the thread. That's an excellent idea.

Looks like it's just gold trim and a patch.

Courtesy of UW:

3324429092_5e09631cfe_o.png

My buddy is the Phils beat writer for MLB.com, and recently posted that the Phillies will be wearing the "World Series Champions" patch on their home jerseys all season long. The patch won't be worn on the road. I think this is a little much - probalby just a ploy to get people to buy jerseys that have the patch, to go along with their non-patched jerseys.

My buddy is the Phils beat writer for MLB.com, and recently posted that the Phillies will be wearing the "World Series Champions" patch on their home jerseys all season long. The patch won't be worn on the road. I think this is a little much - probalby just a ploy to get people to buy jerseys that have the patch, to go along with their non-patched jerseys.

Why is it a little much? I mean, I hate the Phillies with the burning passion of a thousand red-giant suns about to go supernova, but they are the reigning champions. And they're not just the reigning champions on opening day; they're the reigning champions until the last out of the 2009 World Series in October. So the only real question is why not wear the patch on the road, too? The reigning champs should commemorate their victory, and they should do it all season. In fact, that used to be the norm.

Regarding the new replicas, they're actually pretty awesome. I still don't like them -- I want my layers of tackle twill, darnit, and I don't want anything on the back -- but they look fantastic. At least, the Nationals home replica I've handled looks great, and I've gotta figure that if they can get the look of the metallic gold in the Nats home script right, the rest of the league should look fantastic. There's really no reason for a non-uni-obsessed fan to buy an authentic.

20082614447.png

Why is it a little much? I mean, I hate the Phillies with the burning passion of a thousand red-giant suns about to go supernova, but they are the reigning champions. And they're not just the reigning champions on opening day; they're the reigning champions until the last out of the 2009 World Series in October. So the only real question is why not wear the patch on the road, too? The reigning champs should commemorate their victory, and they should do it all season. In fact, that used to be the norm.

Regarding the new replicas, they're actually pretty awesome. I still don't like them -- I want my layers of tackle twill, darnit, and I don't want anything on the back -- but they look fantastic. At least, the Nationals home replica I've handled looks great, and I've gotta figure that if they can get the look of the metallic gold in the Nats home script right, the rest of the league should look fantastic. There's really no reason for a non-uni-obsessed fan to buy an authentic.

I just think that we all know that they won it, we don't need to be constantly reminded of it. Plus, there are going to be a few players on this year's team that weren't part of the championship last year, so do they deserve to wear a WS Champions patch? I'd probably say no - in fact, if I was Raul Ibanez or Chan Ho Park, I'd feel pretty silly putting on that patch.

Also, if the team struggles and ends up having a poor record at some point in the season, it just looks bad to have a patch that announces how good you were before this year.

Archived