MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can barely see the names on the Nats jerseys...

Don't worry, they aren't worth viewing.

And the multiple red on red on red set for the Nats is terrible at best.

But the red alts aren't like that. Everything on the red jersey -- logo, numbers and names -- will be white (with blue/bronze trim).

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Can barely see the names on the Nats jerseys...

Don't worry, they aren't worth viewing.

And the multiple red on red on red set for the Nats is terrible at best.

But the red alts aren't like that. Everything on the red jersey -- logo, numbers and names -- will be white (with blue/bronze trim).

Just like the Red Alt. from years previous?

Just like the Red Alt. from years previous?

Halfway. The previous red alt had blue numbers (front and back), but a white interlocking DC on front and white name on back.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Even though this has its own thread for the moment, here's the Yankees' commemorative Yankee Stadium cap patch:

New20Yankees20Hat20--20Jeter.jpg

I really like it. Better than cluttering up the cap with a third patch.

Kind of strange, though, that Jeter's jersey doesn't yet have the patch on it....

Even though this has its own thread for the moment, here's the Yankees' commemorative Yankee Stadium cap patch:

I really like it. Better than cluttering up the cap with a third patch.

Kind of strange, though, that Jeter's jersey doesn't yet have the patch on it....

That's probably just a jersey they were using for the photo shoot, and that may be why the patch isn't there.

What the phillies should do is have the stars that dots the i in phillies be gold for the one game.

You win the thread. That's an excellent idea.

Looks like it's just gold trim and a patch.

Courtesy of UW:

3324429092_5e09631cfe_o.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What the phillies should do is have the stars that dots the i in phillies be gold for the one game.

You win the thread. That's an excellent idea.

Looks like it's just gold trim and a patch.

Courtesy of UW:

3324429092_5e09631cfe_o.png

Oh wellz, if they sell a replica of that I may get it, I do need to get a pinstriped jersey.

Ugh. They're going to put it on a CoolBase jersey? Ugly.

That does indicate, however, that they actually intend to wear the gold-trimmed jerseys in an actual game, not just the pre-game ceremony.

From what I've seen so far, it looks like a whole lot of uniforms throughout MLB will be CoolBase.

new-nationals-uniforms-dc.jpgnew-nationals-uniforms2.jpgpiratesblack.jpg

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I'm pretty sure the Phillies wore coolbase exclusively last year (at home.) I know their alts only came in coolbase, and I don't recall seeing double-knit pinstripes on the field at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Majestic/MLB is pretty much phasing out the doubleknits.

For those that have seen the catalogs, the CoolBase jerseys come first - in all the colors, and then all the doubleknits, and it's never been that way before, which to me is a big indicator.

For those that have seen the catalogs, the CoolBase jerseys come first - in all the colors, and then all the doubleknits, and it's never been that way before, which to me is a big indicator.

Well I hope they're not completely phased out. As a fan buying an authentic, I much prefer the doubleknit to the coolbase.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well I hope they're not completely phased out. As a fan buying an authentic, I much prefer the doubleknit to the coolbase.

I spoke to the guy who runs Jersey-Joe about this. We went through the catalog on the phone looking for something else and he remarked that "80% of the jerseys are now COOLBASE". From what I gathered, lots of teams are now COOLBASE exclusive, and there aren't going to be a lot of teams wearing doubleknits regularly beyond the Yankees (no COOLBASE at all) and the Astros (no COOLBASE for their 3 home jerseys). Everyone else has either their complete set available in both materials (like the Red Sox) or are going exclusively COOLBASE (like Pittsburgh and Texas).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I wonder if, even though there is no hat displayed on that graphic, the Phillies will have a "World Series Champions" patch on the back of the cap. I think the Red Sox have done this on opening day. Hopefully the Phils will to because I want to see how the back of head patch looks on multiple teams.

Why do so a bunch of spring training games have teams wearing color vs. color? The Philly-Canada game I couldn't tell who was who from a distance. Why can't one team wear a different color?

Yea the phillies should've worn their blue spring training jersey.

Archived