MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No wonder the Yankees won't convert - pinstripes look silly on Coolbase jerseys.

If that's the wave of the future, has Majestic fixed the whole single-shade-of-gray problem? Or are we going to continue seeing teams in mismatched road uniforms?

I'm not holding my breath. It took Majestic 2 years to figure out how to make the one shade of grey in COOLBASE. I'm not optimistic they'll figure out or even begin to care that different teams use different shades of grey.

And I think it was discussed upthread, but Majestic doesn't see the pinstripes being broken up by the gussets as a problem. They see it as a selling point. I don't know who exactly they think likes the way that looks, but they're the ones making the jerseys, not me. The irony is that you can buy completely blank Majestic COOLBASE jerseys for team uniforms, and they don't have gussets. I have a few of them at home that some softball teams I play on wear. So it's not like they HAVE to have gussets. Majestic chose for them to and they think it is a good thing to look that way.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

My thought is that eventually the gussets will be colored to match the pinstripes - so the Phillies would have red pits, the White Sox black, etc. I think that would look better than having the white insert which makes it look like the stripes just stop for some unknown reason (unless you're looking really up close to see the seams and fabric difference of the insert.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My thought is that eventually the gussets will be colored to match the pinstripes - so the Phillies would have red pits, the White Sox black, etc. ....

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, though I don't know if pinstripes will be a prerequisite for the first team that tries it. It will happen, and I think it will look worse, personally. Like a patch of underarm hair or something.

I think pinstriped teams would be a lot better off with white gussets. I have a feeling white gussets on primarily white uniforms would be hardly noticeable unless you are looking for it. It probably wouldn't even bother most people other than those on these boards. Colored gussets would be a lot more noticeable, especially on non-pinstriped teams.

I am sure COOL BASE uniforms are significantly more comfortable for the players than traditional jerseys. The comfortability and performance interests of the players should undoubtedly come before the interests of people like us that enjoy nitpicking the aesthetics of uniforms. That said, they should figure out a way to print pinstripes over the armpit drains.

That's a false choice. Majestic could keep developing the jerseys until they can accomodate pinstripes and provide teams with the correct road color, and then the players can have their CoolBase jerseys.

No reason for teams to let them off the hook with halfway measures.

The Rangers' clown helmets have been scrapped in favor of solid blue (and presumably red) models.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Rangers' clown helmets have been scrapped in favor of solid blue (and presumably red) models.

Sweeeeeeet. Now those horrid things will never see the field.

I think the solid blue helmet would look fine with the red jersey, so is there really a need for a red helmet? (Not against a red helmet, just wondering.)

There will be red helmets.

From Jamey Newberg.

"According to more than one local source, the Rangers have decided not to go forward with the two-toned helmets they introduced this off-season. The club will wear blue helmets with the blue jerseys, and red helmets with the red jerseys. One idea behind the two-toned hat was that the club could travel with just one helmet on a road trip during which it might wear blue some nights and red other nights. But logistics are taking a back seat to aesthetics, I?m happy to say."

This could be the beginning of A-Rod's breakdown

It's weird seeing Anderson in Braves garb, but Anderson notes that this is not his first change of uniform. The Angels wore three different uniforms during his 15 seasons with the club. Anderson preferred his first version, with the "CA" on the cap and "Angels" on the jersey. 'They should never have touched it," Anderson said. "That still should be the uniform right now. It was as classic as it gets."

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

It's weird seeing Anderson in Braves garb, but Anderson notes that this is not his first change of uniform. The Angels wore three different uniforms during his 15 seasons with the club. Anderson preferred his first version, with the "CA" on the cap and "Angels" on the jersey. 'They should never have touched it," Anderson said. "That still should be the uniform right now. It was as classic as it gets."

I couldn't agree more.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Why do so a bunch of spring training games have teams wearing color vs. color? The Philly-Canada game I couldn't tell who was who from a distance. Why can't one team wear a different color?

Yea the phillies should've worn their blue spring training jersey.

Which they typically do when they play the Reds in ST. I assume Canada could have worn their black BP's as well.

I couldn't agree more.

Seconded. I've been trying to find one of those jerseys for a while now.

I couldn't agree more.

Seconded. I've been trying to find one of those jerseys for a while now.

New Era recently started putting the hat out because I almost bought one at Lids last night. The reason I didn't was that the halo around the A was red not gold. Though I did buy the disney Angels hat with the sky blue bill to match the BP jersey from that set that I got 12 years ago.

Archived