MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RED-sox.jpg

The red socks work here just fine.

I really don't like the hat--not because it has red socks on it, because I have a hat like that which I love. But on my hat the socks are outlined in white instead of navy, which, on a navy cap, makes them pop much more. Plus, there is more consistency with the standard cap.

n1369920660_176685_3335.jpg

Wow... the Red Sox roads really do suck. It looks beyond sloppy on Jason Bay who has it hanging very baggy. I'm thinking a white outline around the lettering would improve it, along with some piping on the sleeves or even down the front of it. Either way, SOMETHING needs to be done.

I don't know why, but Penny's had looks black, not dark blue.. is my TV just saturating the colour or do others see that as well?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

They look black in certain lighting, yes. This was a dumb move. I don't know what they set out to accomplish by taking the uniforms of the two-time world champions and crappening them up like this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Watching game against the Angels, the Boston roads don't look too bad. They have an old-school feel to them. I agree that the navy alternate with the blue socks looks horrid, but their regular set with blue socks isn't bad. I do prefer last year's set, though.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I have a theory. I think the Red Sox wear the hanging socks cap with the away alternate and the sleeve patch with the hanging socks on the road uniforms because of the fact that they will be wearing blue socks. I will admit that the blue socks/undershirt looks a hell of a lot better than red socks/undershirt ever would, but I have a feeling I'll always find it a little weird. And another thing, they said on the Red Sox telecast that the alternate uniforms will be worn every Friday night and that the Sox will be wearing the road grays today on national TV. I guess I'll just have to let these road unis just sit for a while before I make a final judgment.

I concur with the blue v red look. At least there is a history of blue socks and they didn't just up and pull it out of their collective backsides. FYI they'll also wear the alt cap with the red jerseys.

The new changes to the road greys kind of eliminate the possibility of wearing red socks with them. Those uniforms have no red in them. They could wear red undershirts and socks, but it would look out of place. I'm not saying it is a good idea to blow out the red from the road greys, I'm just saying that is the obvious reason you can't just up and switch to red undershirts and socks on the road grey set.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

please tell me the red sox aren't wearing navy blue socks.

That and the fact that the white sox wear black sox still astonish me, and probably always will. It makes so sense. :wacko:

The White Sox wearing black socks makes no sense to me either . . . especially since the name "Black Sox" is associated with the darkest chapter in team history.

Yeah, but think of how ridiculous it would look with white pants and white sox. Or with gray pants and white sox. It just isn't a good combo for a baseball uniform.

Easy and simple solution: mandated socks and stirrups. It will never fly with the union, but black stirrups over white socks would fix it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

please tell me the red sox aren't wearing navy blue socks.

That and the fact that the white sox wear black sox still astonish me, and probably always will. It makes so sense. :wacko:

The White Sox wearing black socks makes no sense to me either . . . especially since the name "Black Sox" is associated with the darkest chapter in team history.

Yeah, but think of how ridiculous it would look with white pants and white sox. Or with gray pants and white sox. It just isn't a good combo for a baseball uniform.

Easy and simple solution: mandated socks and stirrups. It will never fly with the union, but black stirrups over white socks would fix it.

Actually, that's not a solution at all, since the very creation of the stirrup was to simulate a colored sock back when they needed sanis. A black stirrup = black sock, regardless of the base color.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, and I'd rather show up to a wedding without pants on. Red doesn't look very good on the Rangers, and I don't care if it reminds you of when they were marginally above average in the mid-1990s. One of the most infamous steroid clubhouses and they still never won a series. How about that.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the old road uniforms. They matched the home uniforms well, which is what new designs should always do. Technically, this was a new design, and this failed miserably in that regard. Inventing this all-navy "throwback" to remind people of the Red Sox that famously booted a World Series rather than the ones that won a pair of them was stupid. If anyone should be using plain navy lettering on grey, it should be the Yankees, not the Red Sox.

The new Red Sox roads are a huge downgrade. There awful. Way to plain and theres no red in the jersey except for the sleeve patch.

The jerseys the Indians wore today against the Jays, are those their primary home jersey?

beLEAF

The new Red Sox roads are a huge downgrade. There awful. Way to plain and theres no red in the jersey except for the sleeve patch.

The jerseys the Indians wore today against the Jays, are those their primary home jersey?

if they are, huge downgrade. i know they used thm last year and i never liked them. too boring for my taste. i know if i was an idinans fan, id be dissappointed if they wore that ever home game.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Seeing Brad Penny in the new road uniforms made me come to a conclusion...

645833f50078c4737e31d19acdf88c55-getty-85129756sd013_boston_red_so.jpg

They're awesome looking; very classic and old tyme feel that just look great. All the navy with just the touches of red on the cap and on the sleeve patch even look good. Of course, this is mainly with the hiked up pants. Those wearing the baggy, beyond the foot pants, don't look as good. But overall excellent look.

The thing is... it's just not the best for the Red Sox. Hell, I'd say if Washington had done something like this with their roadies, all navy with maybe a red (or white) curly 'W' on the cap and maybe a solid red 'DC' outlined in navy (no gold) on the sleeve, with the "special" material that the BoSox used, or another team with navy and red, it'd be one hell of a look. But this just does not say "Red Sox". And I'm torn, asthetically, because the look itself is great, but does not fit the identity of the team wearing it (and I really hate the Red Sox, so it's very conflicting for me to have such passion on this topic).

Archived