MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure the Nationals could have done a worse job with those uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, they could have made it a faux vest. With black sleeves.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They look like really bad softball uniforms. A definite step back for a nondescript set anyway.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

They look like really bad softball uniforms. A definite step back for a nondescript set anyway.

Or WBC uniforms...... :upside:

img11637169.jpg

wow, those are a complete mess.

But what's the bigger mess...the Nats' alts or the Rang, er TEXAS' complete color shift?

The Nats' alternates in a landslide.

They are quite grotesque up close and in person. There should be a warning label somewhere on the jersey that states: Being seen wearing this abomination will cause blindness to others as well as discoloring in the skin.

img11637169.jpg

wow, those are a complete mess.

But what's the bigger mess...the Nats' alts or the Rang, er TEXAS' complete color shift?

The Nats' alternates in a landslide.

agreed. other than the homes saying TEXAS, i actually really like the Rangers' new threads.

If the logo wasn't all American flag-ized, that alt would be good.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D-LlI9f-pQo/SRN3.../IMG_5507_2.JPG

Guess they broke it out a bit early, unless yesterday was a Military Appreciation Night of some sort.

This Uniform Combination WILL ONLY BE WORN ON VERY SPECIAL OCCAISIONS, Charlie Slowes mentioned 6 to 10 times per year--at most.

:unclesam:

what's with the Rangers having red batting helemts with blue jerseys? I just don't like them at all. The new color scheme seems so out of place.

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

I was shocked by how much I like the Nats alt. Not in the details -- it's a remarkably bad jersey! -- but the overall look and feel of it, at least when Nats who wear socks were batting. It was a lighter shade of Navy than the Nats usually wear, such as on their road caps, which worked. And somehow the blue jersey with red socks and a red cap worked for me on an abstract aesthetic level.

This is still a craptacular alt uniform in possibly countless ways, and I hope they ditch it soon. But if I kind of squinted a bit so as to obscure the details, I kind of liked the overall color impact of it. Of course, this positive impression relies on not actually seeing the DC logo on the chest. And on the player wearing red socks and a red hat.

20082614447.png

Archived