MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed the Jays wearing their alternate T hats a lot this year. I have seen them a lot on the road. How often do they wear the regular hat these days?

They've typically worn those on the road more often than the regular caps... The difference is so small between the two I can never remember which cap they wore even after just leaving a game (and you'd think if anyone would take note of such thing, it'd be me)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

According to today's St. Pete Times, the Rays will debut their new alternates tonight.

Wonder what the Sox will do, because I think they've worn their road alts each Friday game, hopefully we don't see navy blue v. navy blue.

According to today's St. Pete Times, the Rays will debut their new alternates tonight.

Wonder what the Sox will do, because I think they've worn their road alts each Friday game, hopefully we don't see navy blue v. navy blue.

We shouldn't. MLB has told teams to not wear similar alts against each other. Home team gets first choice. That's why last year the Astros had to switch to the road greys in Arizona, because they wore their red alternates.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

We shouldn't. MLB has told teams to not wear similar alts against each other. Home team gets first choice. That's why last year the Astros had to switch to the road greys in Arizona, because they wore their red alternates.

Unfortunately black vs. dark green isn't considered similar enough

3457618259_610f641ea3.jpg

Twice I've been stuck with that combo for a game I've attended... yuck

But, still better than what we had at the Jays/Yankees ST game in Tampa

3425686322_52a2e76c47.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

First look at the Rays navy alternates tonight vs. the Bo Sox. I love how they look, and I want one now.

Seems to be working, 6-2 currently.

I like 'em too, just wich they went the columbia blue route to be different than what seems like 1/2 of MLB and their navy alts.

The color / sheen difference in the blues (due to the fabrics) looks pretty bad, especially under the fake light.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Color on color doesn't look good for me. Imagine what these would look like with white numbers/letters outlined in the lighter blue...imagine how much better the Braves' navy would be with red numbers/letters outlined in white.

KISSwall09.jpg

A tiny bit off topic but isn't it strange how winning can make a logo seem less horrible. A year ago the Rays logo and uniforms were the most disgusted thing on these boards after the slug - before the launch of the thunder. Now plenty of people seem to not mind it and even like the rays look.

I know personally once the rays started winning last year I didn't think the logo was that bad.

600!!!!!!!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

No, no, I still think the identity is a pile of bland suck.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A tiny bit off topic but isn't it strange how winning can make a logo seem less horrible. A year ago the Rays logo and uniforms were the most disgusted thing on these boards after the slug - before the launch of the thunder.

That's simply not true. Not many were thought that any part of their logo or uniforms were "the most disgusted thing on these boards", nor compared them to the slug. I don't think too many thought they were bad, just very plain and uninspired. There is certainly nothing offensive about them, though there were certainly a few questionable choices made (combining the sunburst with the stingray for example.) People were upset that they went so "generic" with a WordArtish wordmark... but I don't think anyone thought that they were ugly or Buffaslugish. Definitely never compared to the Buffaslug.

I know personally once the rays started winning last year I didn't think the logo was that bad.

You've just discredited yourself as a design critiquer (if that's even a word.) Not that you aren't allowed to think that the logo is good, but allowing your design sense to be influenced by a team's on-field performance is pretty weak.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived