MLB 2009

mania

They look like old ass and you can't read the numbers at all.

I disagree...I Googled "old ass" and while the pictures I found were horribly disturbing, none of them looked like the new Rays alternate uniform.

There was one that looked like the old "Tequila Sunrise" Astros jersey, though.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also the A's and Mariners both wore their dark jerseys. The A's in their green and the M's in their navy. It didn't look that good. I am not a fan of color vs. color matchups, especially when both colors are that dark.

I found a link to a photo gallery if anyone would like to take a look: http://mlb.mlb.com/components/game/year_20...v/fgallery.html

I stand corrected. The Brew Crew did have "retro unis" last night. They didn't win, and nor tonight. I thought they were gone after the team made the Postseason last year, but, nah.

packchampionslfroh.png

the rangers in red looks amazing. red is the rangers color, they should have never switched to blue. i want to see a "rangers" script home jersey with a red theme.

A team has red as their dominant color for only 6 of their first 37 years, yet it's "THEIR" color and should've never switched back to the color they have mainly used for the vast majority of their existence?

the rangers in red looks amazing. red is the rangers color, they should have never switched to blue. i want to see a "rangers" script home jersey with a red theme.

A team has red as their dominant color for only 6 of their first 37 years, yet it's "THEIR" color and should've never switched back to the color they have mainly used for the vast majority of their existence?

I'm hoping it's just that he means they had most of their success in red. Texas has been to the playoffs three times, and all three came during the years in which the Rangers wore red as the dominant color.

Personally, I'm used to the Rangers in blue caps, and I'm more of a fan of teams sticking to their original identity. But it's not my team and if the majority of their fans like the red because of the division title memories, more power to them.

Furthermore, the Rangers had a red alt in the early 80s for a year or two.

On a previous topic, I think MLB should not allow both teams to wear colored tops in one game. Like football, home team should get first choice. If the home team wants to wear a colored top, the road team should be forced to wear the gray tops. If the home team picks the white tops, then the road team should be allowed to wear the colored tops. But I've been against the color-on-color since the mid-1990s when the alt top craze resurrected. Green vs. black isn't enough of a contrast. It just looks bad, as does blue vs. black, blue vs. red, etc.

Am I crazy?

This is the official on-field cap of the Royals:

pMLB2-3537473dt.jpg

I think it looks more like this, minus the outline:

9sphh66dzklph0q4w6pzns1i0.gif

And less like this, which is what the official(I think?) cap logo is:

iowg3izav6b6cpz5rgkfio4e5.gif

Or maybe it is a combo of both logos? Or am I just overthinking things? HALP!

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

Am I crazy?

pMLB2-3537473dt.jpg

Most likely answer.

When embroidered, a logo is gonna look a little different than in print. This one looks somewhere in between the two, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

Am I crazy?

pMLB2-3537473dt.jpg

Most likely answer.

When embroidered, a logo is gonna look a little different than in print. This one looks somewhere in between the two, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

capt.773a6d2522b8463dbc07f7b61fb75ead.royals_indians_baseball_ohrs106.jpg

Heres a good pic on-field...

Interesting matchup last night. Jays in those awesome powder blue retro unis. The Orioles in their black alternate uni and the O's hats. Pretty cool.

Here is a link to the mlb.com photo gallery: http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/photog.../cf4518448.html

I know why the Blue Jays adopted those alts. However, am I the only one that thinks it is more than a bit odd that they are wearing their old road uniform as a home alt?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I guess that powder blue is in that "gray area" (no pun intended) of colors you can wear at home or on the road.

Jerseys yes... pants no. One thing that has remained consistent, even as teams have adopted various colored alternate jerseys, is that white / cream pants are worn at home, and darker (gray, sand) on the road. Powder blue pants are traditionally "road" pants...

That being said, it doesn't really bother me too much for some reason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I guess that powder blue is in that "gray area" (no pun intended) of colors you can wear at home or on the road.

Jerseys yes... pants no. One thing that has remained consistent, even as teams have adopted various colored alternate jerseys, is that white / cream pants are worn at home, and darker (gray, sand) on the road. Powder blue pants are traditionally "road" pants...

That being said, it doesn't really bother me too much for some reason.

It's a little odd, sure, but I'll take it over what the Royals did.

Am I crazy?

pMLB2-3537473dt.jpg

Most likely answer.

capt.773a6d2522b8463dbc07f7b61fb75ead.royals_indians_baseball_ohrs106.jpg

Heres a good pic on-field...

Then there's the New Era puffy embroidery, whatever they call it. It rounds off the edges of logos. So the official "cap logo" in print isn't the same as it appears on the caps.

Jerseys yes... pants no. One thing that has remained consistent, even as teams have adopted various colored alternate jerseys, is that white / cream pants are worn at home, and darker (gray, sand) on the road.

Au contraire:

phillies.jpg

46422290.jpg

20082614447.png

Jerseys yes... pants no. One thing that has remained consistent, even as teams have adopted various colored alternate jerseys, is that white / cream pants are worn at home, and darker (gray, sand) on the road.

Au contraire:

Well, I wasn't counting one-offs (or couple-offs.) I could also go back to the early-century NY Giants, the all-red Indians, the all-orange O's, and the mix-and-match Pirates too. The point still stands :P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, I wasn't counting one-offs (or couple-offs.) I could also go back to the early-century NY Giants, the all-red Indians, the all-orange O's, and the mix-and-match Pirates too. The point still stands :P

I was kidding with those examples, but the Pirates and the A's pretty well disprove any notion that non-white pants at home are unheard-of. All the one-offs, failures, and flops are just icing on the cake. Personally, I'm with you: I much prefer what the Royals have done to what the Blue Jays have done on account of not liking colored pants. But I'm also well aware that there is no particular reason beyond "I don't think it looks pretty" to object to the Jays' all-blue look.

(Actually, a team named "Blue Jays" probably has the best grounds for wearing solid-blue uniforms at home. There's plenty of tradition for dark pants at home in baseball history, and teams that have colors in their names, or are named after distinctive uniform elements, have special dispensation to have unusually colorful uniforms.)

20082614447.png

Archived