MLB 2009

mania

watching the disAstros this afternoon. what's up with the Pirates caps?

Both the Pirates and Astros donned Pittsburgh Bureau of Police caps for the pregame ceremonies, and the Pirates players kept the caps on for the game. Each player's jersey also had a "PBP" patch on the left sleeve.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not a huge fan of the Jays wearing black hats, undershirts & socks but Im becoming a huge fan with the way they look with their road jerseys. The jersey is mostly blue and silver with a bit of black and the black hat, undershirt & socks really compliments the whole look. The only thing I wish they would change is the stripe on the pants, they should make that blue for both their home and away uniforms.

beLEAF

mets wore the dominos pizza patch on thier home white tonight to open citi field ( which they lost 6-5 thanks to a balk, yes a balk) fans where POed at mets.com because they wanted to see pinstripes and blue but got white and black/blue instead. i have to say that patch is ugly and sticks out like a sore thumb and looks like its doesnt move well with the sleeve like its in the way.

btw, the cat was back lol

Mets, Jets, Islanders

It seems the Mets are letting it be known the black is here to stay. Wearing that cap in the opener of the new stadium? Surprising, as was the amount of black at Citi Field. Going with a black outfield wall certainly made it a permanent addition.

I belive the outfield wall is a dark shade of green not black

If it's green, it's the darkest shade of green I've seen in an MLB park. And if it can be mistaken for black...

And as far as reading too much into it, that may be true, but the Mets knew that all eyes would be on the home opener for the new field, and they wore the black caps, which tells me that it is still how they want to be recognized. Or at least the home uniform that best represents them.

If it's green, it's the darkest shade of green I've seen in an MLB park. And if it can be mistaken for black...

I agree. If the seat backs/bottoms are "dark green", then the outfield wall is "darkest green".

3423071952ecc8e14984o.jpg

39478111.png

34159970253cff4758ebb.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I'm definitely digging them. That third picture is my favorite one of the three. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Those Citi Field walls are black, they are ugly, and the park looks the same as the last four or five neo-retro parks. Way to botch it, Mets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sounds like the Phils uniforms will be getting a Harry Kalas patch too

No doubt, and I hope it's classy. What shocking news...

Anyone seen it yet?

Black "HK" patch on the upper left chest

Archived