MLB 2009

mania

please tell me the red sox aren't wearing navy blue socks.

That and the fact that the white sox wear black sox still astonish me, and probably always will. It makes so sense. :wacko:

The White Sox wearing black socks makes no sense to me either . . . especially since the name "Black Sox" is associated with the darkest chapter in team history.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That and the fact that the white sox wear black sox still astonish me, and probably always will. It makes so sense. :wacko:

The White Sox wearing black socks makes no sense to me either . . . especially since the name "Black Sox" is associated with the darkest chapter in team history.

Yeah, but think of how ridiculous it would look with white pants and white sox. Or with gray pants and white sox. It just isn't a good combo for a baseball uniform.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

That was fast. They must have these things laying around in the back - just... incase.

Having worked at a sign shop that produces things like this for golf tournaments and such I can tell you that it probably took about an hour to complete. We had this big $20,000 color printer that could produce a wall graphic about that size on adhesive vinyl in about ten minutes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have a theory. I think the Red Sox wear the hanging socks cap with the away alternate and the sleeve patch with the hanging socks on the road uniforms because of the fact that they will be wearing blue socks. I will admit that the blue socks/undershirt looks a hell of a lot better than red socks/undershirt ever would, but I have a feeling I'll always find it a little weird. And another thing, they said on the Red Sox telecast that the alternate uniforms will be worn every Friday night and that the Sox will be wearing the road grays today on national TV. I guess I'll just have to let these road unis just sit for a while before I make a final judgment.

2abef269-449e-4580-afaa-a9d10c92d88.jpg

blah. i'm all for simplicity in uniforms, but those are just boring.

I really just think Boston doesn't need an alternate jersey of any sort. They just didn't look right in a blue jersey and a cap that doesn't have a "B" on it. I mean, just look at how stupid this looks for the RED Sox:

8e6a71a2c0ed755c50aebb5a68d089f6-getty-85129483kd047_boston_red_so.jpg

On another note, the Angels have a patch on their chests now for Nick Adenhart.

capt.aac82912f4e544e38cf67bf40d7179d9.red_sox_angels_baseball_ans113.jpg

This ownership group got rid of the greatest stirrup in baseball in order to feature more red in the uniform...and then they go and make an all navy blue sock? Inexplicable.

They need to bring this back:

legends_yastrzemski.jpg

Yeah, but think of how ridiculous it would look with white pants and white sox. Or with gray pants and white sox. It just isn't a good combo for a baseball uniform.

I definately think the White Sox should wear white sox... it seems dumb to even have to write a sentence like that. I think it might seem weird to picture in your head, but that's just because it hasn't been done for years. For one thing, most you can't see most player's sox/sturrips anyway (different rant!), so it wouldn't matter on them. For the players (I call them the real ballplayers) that wear the high sox, all you'd need is some sort of contrasting stripe at the top of the sock... problem solved. Now that I think about it, that would be great.

And the Red Sox wearing blue sox? Now THAT'S ridiculous.

Sorry if posted elsewhere, but I've noticed the White Sox have two throwback hats available on many sites. One is the white pinstriped pinwheel hat they wore for throwbacks in the last year, or two, and a black version of the same hat. Have they announced where they are are going to wear throwbacks this year?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Sorry if posted elsewhere, but I've noticed the White Sox have two throwback hats available on many sites. One is the white pinstriped pinwheel hat they wore for throwbacks in the last year, or two, and a black version of the same hat. Have they announced where they are are going to wear throwbacks this year?

Link please, just so we know what you're talking about.

Link please, just so we know what you're talking about.

never mind. I suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The White Sox could easily wear white socks. Just put some stripes on them so that they're not plain white. They've done it before in recent years (to commemorate the '59 World Series uniform, which itself commemorated a previous White Sox uniform) and it looked great. The Red Sox wearing anything but red socks is silly, though. I never cared for the striped socks on them.

The new Red Sox uniforms are pretty awful. No B on the hat and what basically amounts to a batting practice uniform. They're supposed to be above these shameless money grabs. The Yankees would never do this, you know. Anyway it's really ugly and out of place but I expect that their legions of fans will fackin' love it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

i actually really like the blue alternate... and the hat grew on me a little...

but the blue socks really really get to me. if they just put red socks on that blue alternate, i'd be sold.

the red sox can wear whatever they want, as long as their socks are red, imo.

edit:

RED-sox.jpg

see how much better this looks? i love it...

and for anyone who says that it's unbalanced, i'm ok with that... the inbalance in the uniform draws attention to the fact that they're wearing red socks, which i think is the whole point of naming your team the red sox....

I would try making the brim of the cap red and it could add some balance. But then again, it would look too much like the Braves. What about red piping throughout the jersey? That could spice it up a little too.

RED-sox.jpg

and for anyone who says that it's unbalanced, i'm ok with that... the inbalance in the uniform draws attention to the fact that they're wearing red socks, which i think is the whole point of naming your team the red sox....

I can't stand the navy sock and I would accept the solid red, but I think the traditional striped Red Sox design would help balance the blue and the red. I also think adding red piping outlined in white to the sleeves would look better. Any thoughts?

3431486083_a82fb35090_o.png

Archived