MLB 2009

mania

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rangers look last night was a mess. I like seeing more red brought back, but the red hat with the blue lettering and numbers on the jersey was just awful. Also, I cannot stand having Texas on the front of the home whites.

Red socks and red undershirts also looked out of place with the blue lettering.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw what the Rangers were wearing.

my last name would retarded on that jersey too, i have 12 letters. i have my little league jerseys hung up and my name has smallers letters so it would fit, i think the rangers now known as texas should use smaller letters for saltys name.

personally, i think the rangers should just drop blue from thier color shceme, and make red thier full time color.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I have to say that Im not a fan of the Rangers new font. With the name in the same font it looks really cluttered on the back.

Also, Im not 100% sure on this but I believe the maple leaf on the sleeves of the Blue Jays jerseys are no longer outlined in blue. From what I could see the maple leaf was outlined in white when they played today in there black jersey.

beLEAF

Did anyone see a pic of Aramis Ramirez last night? He wore the blue alt jersey with a bad logo. It was odd.

Everyone on the Cubs wears a blue jersey with a bad logo on it.

Also, the solution to the long name on the back: "SALTY" with the quotation marks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have to say that Im not a fan of the Rangers new font. With the name in the same font it looks really cluttered on the back.

Also, Im not 100% sure on this but I believe the maple leaf on the sleeves of the Blue Jays jerseys are no longer outlined in blue. From what I could see the maple leaf was outlined in white when they played today in there black jersey.

84587085.jpg

yup

I'm with you. Numbers in this font are one thing, but they should have left the names in MLB block.

And drop the black drop shadow, which only makes it that much worse.

They're 3-0 wearing red hats. It may not be the best look but they feel good wearing them.

And you know this how?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This, from Evan Grant at D Magazine, definitely implies the red is a player-made decision.

1:27: Message on the bulletin board in the Rangers clubhouse this morning ?No Red Unis on the Road.? This from clubhouse manager Zack Minasian, who probably can?t stow all the different uniform combos the Rangers now own. Especially since they pretty much just created this red hats, white tops look out of the blue. The Rangers lead 5-0 after one inning while wearing Red hats today. Good luck, Zack, trying to keep the red stuff off the plane.

Funny, MLB's store shows it like this:

salty.jpg

i love how that 25 looks with the colors and font

At least Andruw Jones wears 25 instead of Salty. It is much easier to squeeze in all of those letters around a two-digit number with a "1" in it than it would be to squeeze them in around a full two-digit number.

Archived